Pages:
Author

Topic: High or Low Supply: Which do you prefer? - page 4. (Read 546 times)

copper member
Activity: 234
Merit: 0
January 24, 2019, 11:20:33 AM
Yes, of course. I am so concerned about the total supply of a coin or token that am to invest on. Trust me if the maximum supply is too much, I can only hodl for a short period of time and won't be for long term except if I view the project to be so exceptional.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
January 24, 2019, 11:06:49 AM
Obviously low coin supply is my choice.  Because its has more chances to grow in price when there increase the demand of coin. Other alternatives coin i choose are low volume coins which have good team and potential to grow but choose wisely these types of coins.
Activity: 925
Merit: 100
January 24, 2019, 11:05:55 AM
I will also choose altcoin with low total supply because its price is easy to go up if that altcoin is good and the market is pumped. In addition, altcoin with low total supply also often has very high prices
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
January 24, 2019, 11:01:30 AM
it is not as simple as you think and i am very surprised about how some users are actually answering this question with fixed replies!

supply is not something you can define "low or high" for. supply is something that you should only analyze based on the usability of the token. for example when we have altcoin that is not used by anyone, then even having 10 coins as its supply is too much! but when it is used by more people and plans on being used by more, then having a higher amount is reasonable.
one good unit of measurement is bitcoin. it has 21 million. any altcoin that has more must also have more usage but since altcoins don't even have 1/1000 of bitcoin's usage then their huge supply is a bad thing.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 174
January 24, 2019, 10:39:30 AM
I pick low supply coins since its more intuitive that if the supply is low, the demand will be high. However that is only my evaluation at a glance and there are many exceptions to this. Like electroneum which has 21 billion supply but the it has 0 decimals to compensate for it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
January 24, 2019, 10:29:05 AM
Coin supply is absolutely irrelevant to the value and price movement of the coin.
The is no difference between 1 BTC or 10 000 Satoshis. There is also no difference betweet 21M Bitcoin or 21M X 10 000 Satoshis.
Bitcoin can be easily sliced up to even smaller pieces if needed. The increased total supply won't change anything.
Activity: 1358
January 24, 2019, 09:34:37 AM
for me, I prefer to look the project than the coin supply, if that project is good I expect the price of the coin will increase.
Activity: 434
Merit: 11
January 24, 2019, 09:31:58 AM
I actually don't look on the supply of an altcoin because their survival in the market depends on how they will develop and manage the project. It is true that the lower the supply, the higher the demand and also a bigger chance that the price will be above $1. We don't know where this market is going so you can hold as much as altcoin that you like. Besides, some altcoin with higher supplies decided to burn some of their supplies to increase the demand.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 256
January 24, 2019, 09:26:59 AM
  When it comes to picking your altcoins, do you take into consideration coin supply?  And if so, do you prefer high or low supply coins?

I don't think this is as simple as what you think, of course everything must be based on research, not just in how many altcoins.
ideas and technology are an important part so that the value of altcoin attracts traders and investors until the price can be high.
That's the importance of researching, both low and high volume supplies will still depends on how successful the project will be, the more usage that it can offer and the more adoptions that it can have will bring the price high, working project brings more attentions and attract investors to buy in and start holding the coins, progressive and passive source of earnings, investors loves to support such kinds of projects.
Activity: 422
Merit: 9
January 24, 2019, 09:26:33 AM
  When it comes to picking your altcoins, do you take into consideration coin supply?  And if so, do you prefer high or low supply coins?
For me low supply coin is better than high supply coin. Cause low supply coins may grow very much if project is good.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
January 24, 2019, 09:23:17 AM

I don't think this is as simple as what you think, of course everything must be based on research, not just in how many altcoins.
ideas and technology are an important part so that the value of altcoin attracts traders and investors until the price can be high.
Activity: 616
First Islamic Crypto Exchange
January 24, 2019, 08:55:33 AM
lower coins can grow several times and make a profit, however it is risky
Activity: 229
Merit: 3
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
January 24, 2019, 08:07:48 AM
This should not matter that much as other indicators like the volume of the coin but I see a lot have preferences on this, as do I. I prefer the low supply coins but I do not know if aside from personal preference they have some advantage over high supply coins. And low supply for me is anything under or close to Bitcoin supply.
copper member
Activity: 230
Merit: 1
January 24, 2019, 07:40:24 AM
To me Low supply is very good, have come to notice that when a coin is low in circulation, the demand is always kind of high and at such causes a boost in the price
Activity: 182
Merit: 14
https://bizzilions.com/?ref=sham100899
January 24, 2019, 07:33:28 AM

these two category has certainly both advantages and disadvantages but let me get straight to the point, the more supplies, the more it will circulate, it means, price will be very much volatile, on the other hand, the less supply, the demand will be high and the price will also increase, but still i wanna choose high supply.
Activity: 700
Merit: 101
January 24, 2019, 07:28:32 AM
if you are interested in investing, I suggest investing in a project with a low total supply, for some reason I think the price will be very good and even tend to increase.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
January 24, 2019, 06:39:50 AM
It all depends on the goals that I pursue. If this is a long-term investment, then I prefer coins with a high supply, as they are less risky. If I want to earn in the short-term period, then as a rule these are pгmps, and it is precisely coins with low supply that can help me in this, but the risks increase many times.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”
January 24, 2019, 06:36:25 AM
It makes no difference when choosing a coin. The success of the project in the future and the high cost of the coin, of course, will depend on the total supply, but this is not a decisive factor. It is much better to analyze the project team, white paper and roadmap.
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
January 24, 2019, 06:30:34 AM
I give my preference to coins whose total supply is calculated in millions. Fewer coins increase demand and make their value much higher. As for the coins, the total supply of which is in the billions, I think it is not profitable to buy them. But among them there are exceptions, for example, XRP, ADA, TRX.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
January 24, 2019, 06:22:09 AM
With a low supply, more attractive, more likely to grow. But only the product decides, and you only need to build your reasoning on this.
Pages:
Jump to: