Pages:
Author

Topic: High or Low Supply: Which do you prefer? - page 6. (Read 546 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 252
January 24, 2019, 12:40:20 AM
  When it comes to picking your altcoins, do you take into consideration coin supply?  And if so, do you prefer high or low supply coins?

I think we need high supply because if low the price will go up/ down in long term period only, like gold. I believe supply must balance with demand because from there price action will keep running and we can get income. We only can become follower, so play and test your strategy because every coins have different characteristic. Take chance to change your life, if you use supply/ demand method please combine with fundamental strategy.
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
January 24, 2019, 12:33:45 AM
 When it comes to picking your altcoins, do you take into consideration coin supply?  And if so, do you prefer high or low supply coins?

Definitely low supply coins because of the potential to make it big down the line. But you also have to take in consideration the project itself though. Does it over real life usage? Who is managing from behind?

Of course, low supply. But, I have seen lots of such coins turn out to be a scam.

Some scam projects use term 'low supply' to bait buyers.

Exactly my point, perhaps those scammy projects know that lots of potential investors look at the supply that's why these scammers will go this route to bait a lot of investors, and the next thing we know, they exited already.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
January 24, 2019, 12:31:03 AM
Of course, low supply. But, I have seen lots of such coins turn out to be a scam.

If principle must be taken, and the project is for real choosing low supply coins will bring a huge gains after the success of the project, we knew that value is very important with investors, chances of having large volume of support will bring the value to go high.

But like what you have said, it seems that those low volume supply coins most the time turned into scam, we need to be more careful choosing one.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 952
January 24, 2019, 12:27:23 AM

Activity: 714
Merit: 104
January 23, 2019, 11:55:18 PM
In this deep market more prefer to invest in high supply coins.
Projects with low supply and low volume have more risk to delist and gone totally.
Low volume coins good at bull run
Activity: 994
Merit: 106
Official Street Team member
January 23, 2019, 11:53:12 PM
I like both, high or low supply is not a problem, it all depends on the developer if the developer is good the price of coins / tokens can be good if it's high or low supply and vice versa
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 2100
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
January 23, 2019, 11:48:00 PM
Total supply is not a matter but when you consider the circulation, yes it is matter. But in most cases, the project itself matter the most because if the project is not better or potential, there is no mean of investing on it.
Activity: 23
Merit: 4
January 23, 2019, 11:27:47 PM
To me, high or low supply don't matter much.  What matters is how legit the project is and how dedicated the team is in achieving their milestones.  Apart from that, I will study the future use cases of the coin.  Without a good future, whether the supply is low or high, the coin will not be in demand.
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
January 23, 2019, 11:33:52 PM
  When it comes to picking your altcoins, do you take into consideration coin supply?  And if so, do you prefer high or low supply coins?

I prefer to buy on the middle, as I don't want to just dump the price of the coin on its worst position, though, I need to buy and accumulate some, there's still a conscience telling me to support the crytocurrencies in order for it to flourish more and benefit much of the people here on the cryptocurrency space.
Activity: 630
Merit: 13
January 23, 2019, 11:26:47 PM
i think low supply is promising a high price, like bitcoin, the total supply is limited and the price goes high.
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
January 23, 2019, 11:25:21 PM
For me altcoins with high will supply will have a hard time making gains while altcoins with low supply will surely make gains and it will be a great investment. Well it also depends on the project itself because if the project with a high supply is actively developing well it has a chance growing in terms of price in the long run compare to a dead low supply altcoins.
Activity: 784
Merit: 10
January 23, 2019, 11:17:00 PM
I think its good if you have a coin that has a high volume suppy, but it is better if it is only a low supply coin, because there are some says that low coin supply have a greater chance for having a good value in the market.
Activity: 103
Merit: 0
January 23, 2019, 10:38:29 PM

what about a supply that fluctuates? ampleforth's elastic supply policy is pretty interesting. rather than a capped amount it alters according to demand
Activity: 2044
Merit: 109
January 23, 2019, 09:44:28 PM
I do not consider the problem of high or low supply, but what are the fundamental and market conditions that the project will work on and the seriousness of the developer that I feel is important to note
Activity: 728
Merit: 14
January 23, 2019, 09:01:16 PM
i prefer coins with a low supply, but that is not the decisive feature for me. i pay attention to it, but it rarely affects a decision from me. for example, ethereum has an unlimited supply, but i still like it.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1901
Shuffle.com
January 23, 2019, 08:44:41 PM
If I have to invest on alts i'll go with the lower supply because some alts that have a big circulating supply doesn't have a max supply which can affect the price in the long run. On the other hand we have Bitcoin having a big influence in the price of every single alts so high or low supply it shouldn't be a big problem. Also low supply doesn't always mean it's a good alt you still have to consider it's usefulness.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003
January 23, 2019, 08:00:24 PM
I prefer to take into consideration total supply rather than price of specific coin. From economy lessons we know low supply means high prices and vice versa. Low supply with working product is more affordable investment for me in order to harvest profits for accepting facts straightly.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
January 23, 2019, 07:50:26 PM

Low Supply and No Bonus if they make the sale, That was the thing that i would consider and maybe i would like to pick those one. Of course they should offer something that's not just to make their own project to the goals, but also bring Blockchain to become a better stuff.

copper member
Activity: 252
Merit: 6
January 23, 2019, 06:22:22 PM

We'll the supply is important but it's not crucial in my opinion. I like low volume alts because they have more room to grow, but you have to look at the team behind, the use case applications, the partnerships and all the other factors..
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
January 23, 2019, 06:17:03 PM
In my opinion the correct analysis should analyze the size of the Market Cap because based on the first cryptocurrencies we will know the growth margin of the projects that we are interested in, currently the market is leveled so it is usually easy to find low cap much underestimated, because of the shortage the interest for low caps is higher than the high, but the high cap when they value provide extraordinary gains.
I would agree on him and we should consider the other factors too because lots of ICO coins these days are premined already. You can't ignore the fact that this is the most reason why there is a lot of ICO scam, pump and dump kind of scheme. Bitcoin is not a premined coins which make the price move when the supply is limited compared to a premined token which the developers can easily manipulate the market price.
Pages:
Jump to: