Pages:
Author

Topic: High prices mean even higher volatility - page 7. (Read 1580 times)

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
December 09, 2017, 05:55:38 AM
This is a continuation of my argument with some forum member named TheQuin. You can see the beginning of this discussion here. Since this is off-topic in that thread, I start this one which is about this thing specifically. Everyone is welcome to chime in on this (provided you have something valuable to say, of course). Here are some quotes that would give you a clue what the whole argument is about (I prudently skip the part where the dude called me various vile names):

In fact, the price growth which is inevitable with more money being poured into the system will cause even higher price fluctuations (in relative terms) because the monetary supply (i.e. the number of coins mined to date) remains the same while the market supply should necessarily run dry at higher prices on average. Otherwise the prices just wouldn't rise. As a consequence, the whole market becomes thin, and therefore it turns out to be more susceptible to whales and those who become whales at these prices when they start dumping their stashes

you argued that "with more money being poured into the system will cause even higher price fluctuations"
I disagreed with that. "higher price fluctuations" is higher volatility so I stated what actually does cause higher volatility

You didn't do that

Basically, all you did is just gave a definition of what volatility is. And while we are at it, I warn you to stay away from making value judgments such as "you just arrogantly dismiss" and similar things. I didn't dismiss anything, yet less arrogantly (I really don't care, so it is essentially an issue with your own perception), I just pointed out that you make statements or assertions that are irrelevant to the point discussed. Giving a definition of volatility is just one example of that (you can simply call it noise). In short, I know what volatility is. Hope this makes you happier somehow
Pages:
Jump to: