Pages:
Author

Topic: Higher education, is it so important? - page 17. (Read 11784 times)

Activity: 101
Merit: 0
October 05, 2018, 02:12:44 AM
Do you really need a Degree these days?
If you had to do it all over would you go to college?

I would still attend University, but I will choose my degree and majors that I think will really help me in achieving my dreams. Also, focusing on honing my skills that are really helpful.
On the other hand, pursuing college is just an option nowadays. It also depends of what kind of work we want to have.
Activity: 132
October 04, 2018, 11:14:09 AM
Higher education is very important because it effects career possibilities.A lot of job require at least a high school diploma , but most careers require some type of higher education that contains some kind of knowledge a experience in specific field.
Activity: 49
October 04, 2018, 10:28:59 AM
In my opinion, higher degree doesn't matter nowadays since other people reach their dreams or become successful without finishing their studies all the way. finishing one's studies is just for our egos to tell people that they are who they are right now because they have a degree.
Activity: 78
October 04, 2018, 08:49:26 AM
It is really important, especially if you are trying to pursuit government jobs. In my country, all the jobs that involve with the government always require you to have a certain level of degree to even apply in.
copper member
Activity: 403
Merit: 8
October 04, 2018, 08:35:29 AM

It depends on how you see yourself in future. If you want to become a professional i would recommend you to get a degree.
For me, I would most likely choose going to college if I had a chance over and over again. I also think that it helps you with the brain development the most.
Activity: 14
Merit: 1
October 04, 2018, 08:30:12 AM
Higher Education is important as people can decide what is best for them, These days there are wide range of jobs and business available.
They should not be limited by a few options to carry their life further.
Activity: 60
September 16, 2018, 11:07:46 PM
Yes, it is still important if you want to be in the professional field in which the hiring requires applicants to have a degree. It will still be like that until the hiring standard change.
There are instances though that won't require you a degree like skilled jobs. As long as you have the expertise for that field, you're good. As for me, it will always depend on what path you will take. But sometimes, university or college is very limiting for me. Instead of having variations of what I can learn, I only focus on my major. 
Activity: 115
September 15, 2018, 08:26:19 PM
It used to be important and rare thing. But now it's an ordinary thing. If you really want to be professional in your business, yes it's important.
Activity: 112
Merit: 2
September 14, 2018, 08:51:43 PM
If you want to succeed as an employee then yes, you need higher education as most executive posts require degrees. If you can succeed as an entrepreneur then no, it is not really that important. I know a lot of people who do not have degrees and yet are financially better than those who have degrees.
Activity: 34
September 14, 2018, 03:10:45 PM
it depends on what you want to do when you grow up.  lol

obviously certain career paths will require higher education.  however, if you aren't pursing one of these types of careers, then I don't think higher education is worth it.  I went to for computer and business degrees.  I most likely would be further ahead in life if I would have continued to pursue these careers, but without wasting time and money, going to school first. 
Activity: 35
September 14, 2018, 02:57:45 PM
If I had it to do all over again, I would have ditched college and saved my money.  I honestly think I would have been better off investing the money I put towards college into the market.  I know it was meant to be an investment on myself, but really, I didn't gain all that much from college.  it was an extension of high school to me.  now, if you're going to be a doctor, surgeon, something very specific like that, then yes.  I consider that a trade, and you're going to school to learn that very specific trade.  but to go to school to get an overall general view about many things... nah, save your money.
Activity: 26
September 14, 2018, 12:04:08 PM
Yeah, more education = more topics to talk, more education = you can connect with more people, you dont really need an degree to have a good education but in most of cases that helps.  Each life experience is knowledge and can taught you more than the paper that just CERTIFIES that you have been at least 5 years at college.

Conclusion.

The one thing that i really learnt in the college is learn to learn Smiley
Activity: 33
September 14, 2018, 11:53:04 AM
No higher education is just higher brainwashing.  The only thing you truly know is what you go out and experience yourself.  The older I become the more I realized most of what was taught was pure bullshit or completely unnecessary to what I do in life.  If  one had the confidence it's much better to just get on with life.  The information is tainted. 
Activity: 98
Merit: 16
September 09, 2018, 03:31:41 PM
Yup! Although not all people will get the chance to go through higher education, it is important that most of us do. Other than the usual reasons such as having more knowledge, wiser, and etc., it keeps the world balanced in some way.

Professionals, bosses, inventors, scientists, artists: most of them in these times are highly educated. There are those who dont go to college anymore and pursue a vocational course or just immediately get a job after high school, and these are good too. It balances out everything. If everyone were highly educated and academics, then there would be no manual laborers and workers. If no one went to college, then vice versa.
Activity: 42
September 09, 2018, 08:26:57 AM
As long as you are not enrolling to the higher education only to get A bachelor's degree "you will waste time". So if u really want get knowledge than College is very important.
Activity: 86
September 09, 2018, 08:21:29 AM
I think the reasons why we take degree is to gain knowledge and expriences

Yeah more focused should be to gain experience because it will definitely help you with the career you choose
Activity: 86
September 09, 2018, 08:06:12 AM

It is important and it is not just the education but the things you will learn along side the period of learning so yes I would go
Activity: 84
July 29, 2018, 04:34:03 AM
Kalau menurut saya pendidikan tinggi sangat penting
Activity: 50
July 28, 2018, 10:20:37 PM
I think the reasons why we take degree is to gain knowledge and expriences
Activity: 79
Merit: 3
July 28, 2018, 09:38:13 PM
A lot of the great businessmen like Richard Branson or bill gates didn't go to college so I wouldn't say higher education is always necessary.
Pages:
Jump to: