Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 109. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
5bheZvSc3brsmu2ukGiJbSHc862nirqMYe

Cryptogenic Bullion has the most interesting branding of all the cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 916
Merit: 500
CB is very rare and one of a kind that will surely be on top.

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
2014 Faucet is open! 0.1 CB to each who posts their favorite thing about CB! Please post your address as well.

Sure

5k1xZjH6XEfyREQjYWj4r2GX9ArV4VWEqL

Good name, good promotion, good value. What's not to love?
Activity: 96
Merit: 10
5mWsk8jBDJt4TvvPp8GNe9BwdWXNENNARr

happy new year!
Activity: 186
Merit: 101
The word 'bullion'.
Always been a sucker for the shiny...

5orbTFmjGQ9XdGwz1kbtkWmcAVWSiNRjaV
Activity: 266
5agYjhoPAmHSeq7FJzeWYf5tyRbDzDich5
proof of stake, my favorite part of any coin, but this one has a great implementation
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
2014 Faucet is open! 0.1 CB to each who posts their favorite thing about CB! Please post your address as well.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 521
No more Rekt and Bust
"Deleting everything except your wallet.dat and config file in your data folder has always got rid of the message."

Works fine trolls.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
The people have lost his nerve. Sold their Coin. It would be better just celebrated the new year. Because everything will be fine!
What advise me?
Activity: 364
Is there a new wallet in the makes? I just saw this error in the qt-client version: "v1.1.6.4-gdf9d55a-cgb":
WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers.
But I am fully synced to the network and I have a green check in my wallet.

I recall Merc writing about an updated client, how is this work proceeding? Any new features?

Merry Christmas to all and especially all fellow CGB holders!  Smiley

I will update checkpoints soon but you shouldn't be seeing that warning.  Perhaps your client lost the checkpoint data.  Close your client and delete the blk0001.dat, blkindex.dat and peers.dat files in your data folder and then run your client to download the block chain from start.  Don't touch any other files.  The message should be gone once complete.  Don't be alarmed if your balance is wrong, it will be correct once the block chain download is complete.

I am still seeing this error on numerous clients built from source. Deleted block chain data etc multiple times, nothing gets rid of the error.

if you go to Help->Debug Window console tab and type the command:  getcheckpoint
then your output should be

"synccheckpoint" : "000000001da3185b0b68ac3499084fd96e95487f62700f5ffd040bd8b4d58398",
"height" : 183993,
"timestamp" : "2013-11-02 20:45:11 UTC"

If not then you'll get that warning.  A sudden shut down of the computer from loss of power is a common reason for getting this message because the client will lose the checkpoint data.  Deleting everything except your wallet.dat and config file in your data folder has always got rid of the message.  The next client version 2.0 should see this issue occur less frequently.

getcheckpoint gives:

{
    "synccheckpoint" : "000002655a721555160ea9bcb1072faf63ff0c8dffed173d60b1d3556a134dc1",
    "height" : 0,
    "timestamp" : "2013-06-27 16:52:05 UTC"
}

The clients are running on dedicated servers. hosted in data centers with no power loss issues. No other coins on the same machines have this issue.

Deleting everything except wallet and conf file does not get rid of this problem. I have tried many times.

I've never had this problem. 

You will need to do a clean install of the client then because the machine's cache is not clearing when you delete the block data.

Save your wallet.dat file some place and delete everything and install from start.  Run the client then close and switch in your old wallet.dat file with the new one and run your client again. 

pm me if issues persist.

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Is there a new wallet in the makes? I just saw this error in the qt-client version: "v1.1.6.4-gdf9d55a-cgb":
WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers.
But I am fully synced to the network and I have a green check in my wallet.

I recall Merc writing about an updated client, how is this work proceeding? Any new features?

Merry Christmas to all and especially all fellow CGB holders!  Smiley

I will update checkpoints soon but you shouldn't be seeing that warning.  Perhaps your client lost the checkpoint data.  Close your client and delete the blk0001.dat, blkindex.dat and peers.dat files in your data folder and then run your client to download the block chain from start.  Don't touch any other files.  The message should be gone once complete.  Don't be alarmed if your balance is wrong, it will be correct once the block chain download is complete.

I am still seeing this error on numerous clients built from source. Deleted block chain data etc multiple times, nothing gets rid of the error.

if you go to Help->Debug Window console tab and type the command:  getcheckpoint
then your output should be

"synccheckpoint" : "000000001da3185b0b68ac3499084fd96e95487f62700f5ffd040bd8b4d58398",
"height" : 183993,
"timestamp" : "2013-11-02 20:45:11 UTC"

If not then you'll get that warning.  A sudden shut down of the computer from loss of power is a common reason for getting this message because the client will lose the checkpoint data.  Deleting everything except your wallet.dat and config file in your data folder has always got rid of the message.  The next client version 2.0 should see this issue occur less frequently.

getcheckpoint gives:

{
    "synccheckpoint" : "000002655a721555160ea9bcb1072faf63ff0c8dffed173d60b1d3556a134dc1",
    "height" : 0,
    "timestamp" : "2013-06-27 16:52:05 UTC"
}

The clients are running on dedicated servers. hosted in data centers with no power loss issues. No other coins on the same machines have this issue.

Deleting everything except wallet and conf file does not get rid of this problem. I have tried many times.

I also wrote a purse Checkpoint is too old

Sorry for your issue my friend. Please take the following steps to correct the checkpoint warning:

1. Close your client and go to your AppData/Roaming/CryptogenicBullion folder.

2. Delete everything in your AppData/Roaming/CryptogenicBullion folder except your wallet.dat and config file.  Do not touch the wallet.dat file or else you'll lose your coins.

3. Restart the client and you should see the client downloading the blockchain.

4. Once the blockchain has downloaded, you will no longer see the warning.

Does not help
Activity: 750
Merit: 503
This is my what I have in my .conf file for anyone without one for CGB

rpcuser=user name
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
rpcport=8395
DNSSEED=1
daemon=1
server=1
gen=0
testnet=0
listen=0
maxconnections=100
addnode=70.98.114.237
addnode=72.78.100.7
addnode=192.81.209.17
addnode=192.241.222.16
addnode=88.198.184.231
addnode=109.169.220.58
addnode=80.255.6.123
addnode=66.58.170.165
addnode=37.187.9.53

To create a .conf file for CGB do the following steps.

1. Open up notepad.

2. Copy the above configuration into your notepad, but adding your own unique username and password.

3. Save the file in your appdata\roaming\Cryptogenicbullion folder, and name it cryptogenicbullion.conf

4. Restart your client

Sorry for your issue my friend. Please take the following steps to correct the checkpoint warning:

2. Delete blk0001.dat, blkindex.dat, and peers.dat in your data folder.  Do not touch the wallet.dat file or else you'll lose your coins.

I would only add that if in the very rare case this doesn't work then deleting everything in your AppData/Roaming/CryptogenicBullion folder except your wallet.dat and config file in step 2 should work.

Was just thinking, a while back there was an updated list of nodes to add to your cryptogenicbullion.conf file.

The nodes I use are:

addnode=70.98.114.237
addnode=72.78.100.7
addnode=192.81.209.17
addnode=192.241.222.16
addnode=88.198.184.231
addnode=109.169.220.58
addnode=80.255.6.123
addnode=66.58.170.165
addnode=37.187.9.53

Could it be possible that the people having issues don't have the updated nodes and are downloading the blockchain from peers without the updated checkpoints.

Don't really know if this would affect things, but I have never had an issue with my client.

To Mercsuey
Not readable. As for me
In our forums, I would certainly punished for it

Did you have one of my posts removed from this thread by one of the mods? if so why? The post wasn't even aimed at you on a personal level, it was written as an example of how something so worthless can be marketed/spammed in a way to make people believe it has value.

If you didn't like the wording of it then stop reading and move on.

You said marketing does not work, and I believe otherwise, so punish me Grin.

Jeez, I just can't understand some people sometimes  Cheesy

I guess the humor was lost in translation since English isn't his first language. 

It happens.  Don't worry about it.

Recall our first exchange on these forums?  Seems like ages ago.  lol

Lol no worries here friend, just a bit of light hearted banter on my part, and maybe a little bit of fishing for a bite to pass the time Smiley

I do remember our first exchange haha, and it does seem an age ago.

legendary
Thank you Merc, I made an edit to the post  Grin
Activity: 364

2. Delete blk0001.dat, blkindex.dat, and peers.dat in your data folder.  Do not touch the wallet.dat file or else you'll lose your coins.

I would only add that if in the very rare case this doesn't work then deleting everything in your AppData/Roaming/CryptogenicBullion folder except your wallet.dat and config file in step 2 should work.
legendary
BTW, for those using Cryptsy, please note they have added 2-factor authentication via Authy (mobile app). I have used this with Coinbase for some time and love it. I would encourage those with holdings at Cryptsy to take advantage of this new feature.
legendary

2. Delete everything in your AppData/Roaming/CryptogenicBullion folder except your wallet.dat and config file.  Do not touch the wallet.dat file or else you'll lose your coins.

Jump to: