Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 110. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Is there a new wallet in the makes? I just saw this error in the qt-client version: "v1.1.6.4-gdf9d55a-cgb":
WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers.
But I am fully synced to the network and I have a green check in my wallet.

I recall Merc writing about an updated client, how is this work proceeding? Any new features?

Merry Christmas to all and especially all fellow CGB holders!  Smiley

I will update checkpoints soon but you shouldn't be seeing that warning.  Perhaps your client lost the checkpoint data.  Close your client and delete the blk0001.dat, blkindex.dat and peers.dat files in your data folder and then run your client to download the block chain from start.  Don't touch any other files.  The message should be gone once complete.  Don't be alarmed if your balance is wrong, it will be correct once the block chain download is complete.

I am still seeing this error on numerous clients built from source. Deleted block chain data etc multiple times, nothing gets rid of the error.

Just curious what method did you use to build from source and for what OS?
To Mercsuey
Not readable. As for me
In our forums, I would certainly punished for it

Did you have one of my posts removed from this thread by one of the mods? if so why? The post wasn't even aimed at you on a personal level, it was written as an example of how something so worthless can be marketed/spammed in a way to make people believe it has value.

If you didn't like the wording of it then stop reading and move on.

You said marketing does not work, and I believe otherwise, so punish me Grin.

Jeez, I just can't understand some people sometimes  Cheesy

I guess the humor was lost in translation since English isn't his first language. 

It happens.  Don't worry about it.

Recall our first exchange on these forums?  Seems like ages ago.  lol
Is there a new wallet in the makes? I just saw this error in the qt-client version: "v1.1.6.4-gdf9d55a-cgb":
WARNING: Checkpoint is too old. Wait for block chain to download, or notify developers.

I recall Merc writing about an updated client, how is this work proceeding? Any new features?

I will update checkpoints soon but you shouldn't be seeing that warning.  Perhaps your client lost the checkpoint data.  Close your client and delete the blk0001.dat, blkindex.dat and peers.dat files in your data folder and then run your client to download the block chain from start.  Don't touch any other files.  The message should be gone once complete.  Don't be alarmed if your balance is wrong, it will be correct once the block chain download is complete.

I am still seeing this error on numerous clients built from source. Deleted block chain data etc multiple times, nothing gets rid of the error.

if you go to Help->Debug Window console tab and type the command:  getcheckpoint
then your output should be

"synccheckpoint" : "000000001da3185b0b68ac3499084fd96e95487f62700f5ffd040bd8b4d58398",
"height" : 183993,
"timestamp" : "2013-11-02 20:45:11 UTC"

If not then you'll get that warning.  A sudden shut down of the computer from loss of power is a common reason for getting this message because the client will lose the checkpoint data.  Deleting everything except your wallet.dat and config file in your data folder has always got rid of the message.  The next client version 2.0 should see this issue occur less frequently.

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
I also wrote a purse Checkpoint is too old
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Activity: 750
Merit: 503
To Mercsuey
Not readable. As for me

Did you have one of my posts removed from this thread by one of the mods? if so why? The post wasn't even aimed at you on a personal level, it was written as an example of how something so worthless can be marketed/spammed in a way to make people believe it has value.

If you didn't like the wording of it then stop reading and move on.

You said marketing does not work, and I believe otherwise, so punish me Grin.

Jeez, I just can't understand some people sometimes  Cheesy

To Mercsuey
Not readable. As for me

Today I was asked to invest in that. I said what keep himself. Maybe this is connected with a certain growth
http://forums.overclockers.ru/viewtopic.php?p=11545297&sid=f4a74d295040b0986ae13fde03dc17fe#p11545297

cgb 24 instead 9(10)
Is not very good. Other investors have earned much more. But not scary

legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

Merry Christmas to all and especially all fellow CGB holders!  Smiley
Are there any actual schedule for the marketing campaign ? CGB was supposed to rely heavily on marketing to lure investors but i haven't seen anything happen.

I like how 1 CGB > 3 blocks rewards lol

Yes and still extremely profitable to mine without miners doing too much damage to the order book by auto selling.

Just need those with slippery fingers holding CB to let them slip from their grasp into tighter fists.

CB only needs 1000 people with an aim of holding around 1000 CB, or 10,000 people with an aim of holding 100 CB, when the market dries up expect a more realistic price for CB. Its not many people at all when you think about how many are just coming into the crypto arena with all the media attention lately.

if the marketing campaign that was promised kick starts we will see higher prices sooner than later

The marketing campaign started months ago https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anncgb-cryptogenic-bullion-marketing-campaign-update-ccn-285774

If we talk about promoting and marketing it certainly completely ineffective. And in fact does not work. But I believe that a coin
Activity: 750
Merit: 503
Are there any actual schedule for the marketing campaign ? CGB was supposed to rely heavily on marketing to lure investors but i haven't seen anything happen.

I like how 1 CGB > 3 blocks rewards lol

Yes and still extremely profitable to mine without miners doing too much damage to the order book by auto selling.

Just need those with slippery fingers holding CB to let them slip from their grasp into tighter fists.

CB only needs 1000 people with an aim of holding around 1000 CB, or 10,000 people with an aim of holding 100 CB, when the market dries up expect a more realistic price for CB. Its not many people at all when you think about how many are just coming into the crypto arena with all the media attention lately.

if the marketing campaign that was promised kick starts we will see higher prices sooner than later

The marketing campaign started months ago https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anncgb-cryptogenic-bullion-marketing-campaign-update-ccn-285774

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
Read the white paper. Just digesting it and thinking about the possibilities. Would this project as a by-product, then, offer a new way of massively compressing data, in a way that has not been thought of before?

Yeah, the plan is to get the right people together to seriously research it.

Sounds good. Let the projects develop steadily, and marketing comes when there is something to market.

I still look in at CGB every day, and I am sure there are many like me.
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
Giga
Read the white paper. Just digesting it and thinking about the possibilities. Would this project as a by-product, then, offer a new way of massively compressing data, in a way that has not been thought of before?

Yeah, the plan is to get the right people together to seriously research it.
Activity: 771
Merit: 258
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
is this coin dead? not much happening

Is your seo blog dead?  I didn't bother to check out the link in your signature but I'll assume not much is happening.   Roll Eyes
Activity: 19

Far from dead friend.  Looks like an excellent time to add CGB to your crypto portfolio.  I view CGB as an excellent longer-term hold which offers something unique (MADESparq).  Just ordered a cold-storage card from our friends at finite by design and encourage all long term believers to do so as well Smiley

Good things to come!  Happy Holidays to the community.
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
@MercSuey,

CoinChoose report wrong block reward ?

Yeah, coinchoose inputs the block reward manually and is always late with updating his site after each block reward.  Apparently coinchoose has a new owner and isn't doing a better job of maintaining accurate information.  But hey, at least it'll be accurate in a few weeks.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
elambert wrote earlier:

- CB PoW subsidy will be halving in about 3 days from .625 to .3125 reward per block. So in about 3 days, the daily minting of CB via PoW will decrease from 900 CB per day to 450 CB per day: http://explorer.cryptogenicbullion.org:2750/chain/CryptogenicBullion

So yes, CoinChoose has the wrong block reward. In fact, they have had the wrong block reward for a week or so now... (showing too high reward). Unfortunately, they now have CGB listed with a block reward of 0.15625 instead of 0.3125.
Jump to: