Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 146. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
September 27, 2013, 03:00:36 PM
To be sure the new checkpoint/seed info is being used by your client, the block chain and peers data need to be downloaded anew. 

If you are getting the "checkpoints too old" message, then you must definitely do this.

Close your client and go to your AppData/Roaming/CryptogenicBullion folder and delete the following files:

blk001.dat

blkindex.dat

peers.dat

Do not touch any other file, especially the wallet.dat file, or else you'll lose ALL your coins!

Restart your client and you'll see the blockchain download from start.  Don't be alarmed if your coins are unconfirmed.  Your wallet balance will return to the expected value once the blockchain has downloaded completely and the wallet is in sync.

-Merc
September 27, 2013, 01:44:56 PM
You guys also win the award for the worlds largest splash image, did you dev the coin on a 1080p monitor?  Grin

...We'd like to thank the Academy.

Yes, it was.   Wink

lol. i like the splash image...

Thank you, sir.  Smiley
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
September 27, 2013, 01:27:58 PM
You guys also win the award for the worlds largest splash image, did you dev the coin on a 1080p monitor?  Grin

Yes, it was.   Wink

lol. i like the splash image...
September 27, 2013, 01:01:53 PM

Yes, it was.   Wink

September 27, 2013, 10:00:48 AM

archived files got mixed in there...my bad.  Should be fixed.

no prob. mullick had me look at it. i was able to build it fairly easy, but alot of people lack the critical thinking required of the debugging process. if you check out my commit, it should make building fairly painless.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
September 27, 2013, 09:25:42 AM
legendary
Activity: 1198
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
September 27, 2013, 06:38:23 AM
Thanks for all the hardwork so far!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
September 27, 2013, 05:11:33 AM
Greetings!

Updated client.

changes:

-updated checkpoints
-modified/updated seed
-changed splash page to keep things fresh

Windows:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7K8VdCHpm-pcXAwMm13VlNzU2s/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

Source:

https://github.com/cryptogenicbonds/CGB

I'll have Linux builds released soon, but the github is updated. 

Mac client will be released within 24 hours.

Cheers!

-Merc

OP updated. I will add the linux and mac clients shortly.
September 27, 2013, 04:05:34 AM
Greetings!

Updated client.

changes:

-updated checkpoints
-modified/updated seed
-changed splash page to keep things fresh

Windows:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7K8VdCHpm-pcXAwMm13VlNzU2s/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1

Source:

https://github.com/cryptogenicbonds/CGB

I'll have Linux builds released soon, but the github is updated. 

Mac client will be released within 24 hours.

Cheers!

-Merc
September 26, 2013, 01:59:51 PM

archived files got mixed in there...my bad.  Should be fixed.
September 26, 2013, 01:56:07 PM
I'm waiting on word from mullick about the PoS fix....we'll hold off on the update until later when I get more details about the fix by mullick/Balthazar.
September 26, 2013, 03:03:01 AM
This should actually be added to the cryptogenicbulliond

My two year old laptop has been running nonstop for over a week and its cpu usage is currently at 1%.  And it is unlocked and minting.

Thanks for the suggestion, I dig it.  We'll revamp the conventional way of doing things once we launch some project initiatives by next month.  Right now we've got a bit of tunnel vision with these projects.  Please bear with us...

-Merc
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
SudoSuRootDev... AKA... AllBiznessMan
September 26, 2013, 02:48:36 AM
This should actually be added to the cryptogenicbulliond
Activity: 74
SudoSuRootDev... AKA... AllBiznessMan
September 26, 2013, 02:39:59 AM
@MercSuey

Last days as I unlock wallet (windows binary), CPU usage goes to around 50% and client starts reacting very slowly. Few minutes later client is almost not responding and
walletlock command (as a way to stop PoS mining) I need to terminate process. Check it as you make an updated client...

Keep up good work guys.
The source was updated about 12 hours ago, I don't know what the issue is there, but if you download the source go to line 86 of src/wallet.cpp when you download it and you change line 86 from
Code:
bool fWalletUnlockMintOnly = false;

to
Code:
bool fWalletUnlockMintOnly = true;
your wallet will be locked for sending but it will be unlocked for minting only.

@mercsuey just a thought you could create and post a Windows Binary with that option.

I am creating PoW/PoS coin with actual changes, and additions, and not just a copy and paste clone, so I have been through the source.
September 26, 2013, 02:25:14 AM
@MercSuey

Last days as I unlock wallet (windows binary), CPU usage goes to around 50% and client starts reacting very slowly. Few minutes later client is almost not responding and
walletlock command (as a way to stop PoS mining) I need to terminate process. Check it as you make an updated client...

Keep up good work guys.

I sent you a pm to get more details...

or email me if you have any extra info that might be helpful:  [email protected]
September 26, 2013, 02:20:47 AM
@MercSuey

Keep up good work guys.

I'll keep an eye on it.  Please let me know if there is any change in resource usage with updated client.  But I'll start to research this now.

-Merc
Activity: 99
September 26, 2013, 02:14:33 AM
@MercSuey

Keep up good work guys.
September 25, 2013, 07:29:26 PM
I'm getting the error too. It only started after i encrypted my wallet? I restarted and the message was there.

It's fine, we'll update checkpoints with the updated client tonight anyways. 
Jump to: