Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 143. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 750
Merit: 503
Have started to see CGB move from balance to "stake" balance.

I had five transactions (all < 1.0 each and <1.0 total) from more than 30days ago, I got two "mining" payments this week (both <0.0x) , none of the coins moved across, but then after 34 days a 10.15 and a corresponding 0.09938 "mining" both jumped across to the "stake" balance.

Will be watching to see how the remainder of the coins go - just one question, is there a new block 'mined' for the 10.15 'stake' and would I be correct to assume unlike the 10, 5, 2.5, 1.25 payouts, this block netted the 0.09938 Huh

That was yesterday - today the whole balance is back to the "balance" with zero in the "stake" - is this right?

One last question, is the fractions only to six decimal places?

Thanks,

In your client click on, help- debug window- console, then type in listaddressgroupings. This will give you a list of every address used by your client to store your funds.

Each address and balance qualifies for stake separately after 30 days. This is why it may seem like random amounts are being held as stake.

I also use this action if I need to send some funds, so not to disturb multiple addresses which your client probably will do if done the normal way.

I listaddressgroupings then I choose an address from the list, type - sendfrom .
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Amazonia Imports supports traditional culture and customs in the Amazon region of South America

Tribal pipes made of bone, fang, snakeskin, shells, and Alpaca Silver. Palo Santo incense used in ayuahuasca ceremonies.

We accept CryptogenicBullion!

$10 flat fee world wide shipping. Free shipping on all orders over $100, and free shipping within Australia.

Thanks for your support!  Updated services page:  http://cryptogenicbullion.org/services.html

-Merc

Amazonia Imports supports traditional culture and customs in the Amazon region of South America

Tribal pipes made of bone, fang, snakeskin, shells, and Alpaca Silver. Palo Santo incense used in ayuahuasca ceremonies.

We accept CryptogenicBullion!

$10 flat fee world wide shipping. Free shipping on all orders over $100, and free shipping within Australia.

Some weird and wonderful stuff  Smiley

Thanks for adding.

I had five transactions (all < 1.0 each and <1.0 total) from more than 30days ago, I got two "mining" payments this week (both <0.0x) , none of the coins moved across, but then after 34 days a 10.15 and a corresponding 0.09938 "mining" both jumped across to the "stake" balance.

Yep, after 30 days in a wallet coins become eligible for stake rewards.

Will be watching to see how the remainder of the coins go - just one question, is there a new block 'mined' for the 10.15 'stake' and would I be correct to assume unlike the 10, 5, 2.5, 1.25 payouts, this block netted the 0.09938 Huh

Correct.  This PoS block will be added to the blockchain along with all previous PoW and PoS blocks.

You could see this on the block explorer but we're migrating servers and resources to new nodes and it's currently down.  It should be back up by the end of the weekend.  The url for the explorer is here:  http://explorer.cryptogenicbullion.org

That was yesterday - today the whole balance is back to the "balance" with zero in the "stake" - is this right?

Thanks,

This is right.  You should see in your transactions 'mined' values as well.

Decimals are up to eight decimal places.  Called one satoshi:  http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/114/what-is-a-satoshi

You're very welcome!

-Merc

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓

Thanks,
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
When the CGB PoW went from 5 to 2.5 the price pretty much doubled over the coming weeks.
I'd like to see the same now as CGB becomes harder to mine, or rather there are fewer coins in return for the mining.

A wild guess? 0,0040 BTC in 2 weeks? Wink

2 weeks?? More like couple of hours Grin

Yeah, well good thing I was wrong Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
When the CGB PoW went from 5 to 2.5 the price pretty much doubled over the coming weeks.
I'd like to see the same now as CGB becomes harder to mine, or rather there are fewer coins in return for the mining.

2 weeks?? More like couple of hours Grin
New all time high reached Grin

Edit: just noticed it went to 0.005 briefly when first hit cryptsy Cheesy nice pic though anyways haha

Edit2: All time high in Dollar value, wow $0.53 http://coinmarketcap.com/

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

There is a subtle balance between being a storage medium of value and a liquid currency.  We're constantly trying to find that sweet spot, but we have marketed CB as something that tends to be more rare storage of value than currency.  I think things will be much more clear in the next 1 - 3 months as we start to roll out our project initiatives.  And you can stay in touch with these initiatives on our blog at http://CryptogenicBullion.org/blog.html.

-Merc

You certainly seem to have some understanding, as well as (even more importantly) an ability to adapt and learn from real-time evolution.
 There are a surprisingly large number of seemingly insignificant factors which can have huge effects on the life of a coin at sensitive stages.
There isn't pretty much any big amount that is on the sell side right now  Smiley

Yes, but if there was, we could infer the price to be stronger.

That is the irony of the market book...A big sell-side gives credence to the price underpinning it... The market looks thin in classical terms, but this is an interesting experiment in accelerated mining subsidy reduction, a stable coin control, and PoS.

We shall see the results in a few months. I am sure the capable development team realise that a widespread desire to hold and use the coin needs constant incentive.

There is a subtle balance between being a storage medium of value and a liquid currency.  We're constantly trying to find that sweet spot, but we have marketed CB as something that tends to be more rare storage of value than currency.  I think things will be much more clear in the next 1 - 3 months as we start to roll out our project initiatives.  And you can stay in touch with these initiatives on our blog at http://CryptogenicBullion.org/blog.html.

-Merc
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
There isn't pretty much any big amount that is on the sell side right now  Smiley

Yes, but if there was, we could infer the price to be stronger.

That is the irony of the market book...A big sell-side gives credence to the price underpinning it... The market looks thin in classical terms, but this is an interesting experiment in accelerated mining subsidy reduction, a stable coin control, and PoS.

We shall see the results in a few months. I am sure the capable development team realise that a widespread desire to hold and use the coin needs constant incentive.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
There isn't pretty much any big amount that is on the sell side right now  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
A picture is worth a thousand words  Grin

Thanks for the links - a few missing, I'll let a couple of people know. Can you confirm the Hash for CGB is correct? I keep getting a different answer when I download - Many thanks.

The network hashrate is about 320mh.  I'll put in the network hashrate calculation in certain RPC commands in the next client update.

legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓

Thanks for the links - a few missing, I'll let a couple of people know. Can you confirm the Hash for CGB is correct? I keep getting a different answer when I download - Many thanks.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
What do you think the price of CB will be between now and the middle of the month, and the end of the month?

it seems to be climbing, but I'm not too sure myself.
legendary
Sounds great, I was looking at the blockexplorer for the past few days, but never got to see it working.
Running this service on your own server might keep it more available.
We'll have our own dedicated block explorer go live any day now, to compliment diatonic's explorer, which goes down often.  And I'm trying to rearrange our hosting so to have it at explorer.cryptogenicbullion.org, just waiting on tech support to get back with me regarding hosting/server issues.  If it takes longer than a couple more days for them to get back with me then I'll just get a new domain and get it set up fast.
legendary
Alright, that was the explanation I needed Wink
Thanks for your quick responses!
Jump to: