Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 142. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
The rate of CGB/BTC was about .0025-.0026 when BTC/USD was around $150 - $160.  And when BTC/USD hit $195 (about a 20% increase), CGB/BTC hit .0021 (about a 20% decrease).  So the net value is nearly unchanged, as Killiz said. 

The correlation with BTC is accurate and I suspect it will stabilize and be less pressured with each subsidy halving going forward, which was the point of the design of accelerated subsidy halving.  I have said all along to those who know me (and a couple times in these forums) that I expect BTC/USD to be over $1000 within a year.  And as BTC/USD tests the $200 level, suddenly accelerated subsidy halving looks like a bright idea.  Plus, couple that with future project developments of mine as well as a developing economic web ecosystem and continued marketing initiative, then you truly have the potential to--wait for it--multiply the value of your bitcoins over time.

Try not to get caught up with the daily price movements...it will drive you mad.

In the meantime, I believe BTC/USD over $200 will soon have a rising tide raises (most) boats effect and I'm doing my best to make sure CGB is one of those boats.

-Merc

Very well said my friend! One must keep things in perspective. Only 3.5 short months ago CB was born. We have come so far in such a short time. CB has established itself as a top 10 market cap currency and has done so despite being ignored thus far by the big exchanges (BTC-e, MCX, Mt Gox, etc.). As a matter of fact, CB is the highest market cap coin that is not currently traded on one (or multiple) of the afore mentioned exchanges. Truly remarkable indeed! It is simply a matter of time and staying the course. Thank you for all that you do Merc! Truly a pleasure and honor having you in the lead dev role!

That being said, we have huge plans for CB and despite how far we have already come, we have only just begun the journey!

CB community, take a minute to step back and enjoy the astonishing growth we have experienced so far. The joys in life are not the reaching of the goal, but rather in the journey! Enjoy the ride!

Thank you so much for you and mercurys continual support, I can see seriously great opportunities for this bullion in a real world environment.
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
The rate of CGB/BTC was about .0025-.0026 when BTC/USD was around $150 - $160.  And when BTC/USD hit $195 (about a 20% increase), CGB/BTC hit .0021 (about a 20% decrease).  So the net value is nearly unchanged, as Killiz said. 

The correlation with BTC is accurate and I suspect it will stabilize and be less pressured with each subsidy halving going forward, which was the point of the design of accelerated subsidy halving.  I have said all along to those who know me (and a couple times in these forums) that I expect BTC/USD to be over $1000 within a year.  And as BTC/USD tests the $200 level, suddenly accelerated subsidy halving looks like a bright idea.  Plus, couple that with future project developments of mine as well as a developing economic web ecosystem and continued marketing initiative, then you truly have the potential to--wait for it--multiply the value of your bitcoins over time.

Try not to get caught up with the daily price movements...it will drive you mad.

In the meantime, I believe BTC/USD over $200 will soon have a rising tide raises (most) boats effect and I'm doing my best to make sure CGB is one of those boats.

-Merc

Very well said my friend! One must keep things in perspective. Only 3.5 short months ago CB was born. We have come so far in such a short time. CB has established itself as a top 10 market cap currency and has done so despite being ignored thus far by the big exchanges (BTC-e, MCX, Mt Gox, etc.). As a matter of fact, CB is the highest market cap coin that is not currently traded on one (or multiple) of the afore mentioned exchanges. Truly remarkable indeed! It is simply a matter of time and staying the course. Thank you for all that you do Merc! Truly a pleasure and honor having you in the lead dev role!

That being said, we have huge plans for CB and despite how far we have already come, we have only just begun the journey!

CB community, take a minute to step back and enjoy the astonishing growth we have experienced so far. The joys in life are not the reaching of the goal, but rather in the journey! Enjoy the ride!
legendary
Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022
Creeping up in market cap! Only $10k to go to overtake Terracoin and the # 8 spot!
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
The upcoming months will surely be interesting.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

-Merc
Activity: 750
Merit: 503
The price of CB against the Dollar has hardly changed. In fact it looks set to rise.

We haven't seen CB rise to a stable CGB/BTC level after the last reward halving. This has been pushed back with the increase in value of Bitcoin over the last few days, as people cash in their alts to ride Bitcoin on its rise.

Once Bitcoins price becomes stable, the price of CB will come back up and beyond, hopefully with a much higher value of Bitcoin along with it.  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
Does the effect of dumping wear off as subsidy decreases?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
I'm a huge supporter of this currency can't wait for the announcements Smiley

$ 436,231
$ 0.51   860,230 CGB

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Someone dumped 5000 coins and crashed the price O.o
Couple quick announcements for the community:

- CB is no longer advertising on the main banner of CryptoCoinNews. We have decided not to renew and instead to redirect the funds that were being used for advertising on CCN to the Google Ad budget as this strategy is proving to get CB exposed to a far larger cross-section of people and businesses.

- Don't forget about the annual contest to reward CB innovation from the community: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3171405

- Behind the scenes work continues and we will be making a big announcement soon...

Nice to hear from you elambert, thanks for the update, I,ve been keeping up to date here http://cryptogenicbullion.org/blog.html less clutter and straight to the point  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
Approx how long till the big announcements??  Grin
legendary
Couple quick announcements for the community:

- CB is no longer advertising on the main banner of CryptoCoinNews. We have decided not to renew and instead to redirect the funds that were being used for advertising on CCN to the Google Ad budget as this strategy is proving to get CB exposed to a far larger cross-section of people and businesses.

- Don't forget about the annual contest to reward CB innovation from the community: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3171405

- Behind the scenes work continues and we will be making a big announcement soon...

Sometimes when you make transactions your client will automatically create new addresses and split your funds between them. Why it does this I have no idea, maybe someone else can explain this.
This is why I recommend manually sending from a particular address, as one of your addresses may have a larger amount of funds held in it which you don't want disturbing, because from what I understand, stake will be reset to zero days if your wallet moves funds from it.

This is because an 'Input' amount of coins in the (or any) blockchain cannot be partially spent. Each incoming transaction in your wallet addresses is treated by the blockchain as a separate unit. You can send one (or more) out in total, and receive 'change ' if needed, in a separate address. If you wish to spend coins exactly matching some combination of your original inputs, the 'change' address is not required.

I see, thanks for explaining that Majormax

My thanks again to all who replied - that makes sense and could explain indirectly the six decimal places observation that I had about the transactions.

No problem, happy to help Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓

Sometimes when you make transactions your client will automatically create new addresses and split your funds between them. Why it does this I have no idea, maybe someone else can explain this.
This is why I recommend manually sending from a particular address, as one of your addresses may have a larger amount of funds held in it which you don't want disturbing, because from what I understand, stake will be reset to zero days if your wallet moves funds from it.

This is because an 'Input' amount of coins in the (or any) blockchain cannot be partially spent. Each incoming transaction in your wallet addresses is treated by the blockchain as a separate unit. You can send one (or more) out in total, and receive 'change ' if needed, in a separate address. If you wish to spend coins exactly matching some combination of your original inputs, the 'change' address is not required.

My thanks again to all who replied - that makes sense and could explain indirectly the six decimal places observation that I had about the transactions.

legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

Have started to see CGB move from balance to "stake" balance.

I had five transactions (all < 1.0 each and <1.0 total) from more than 30days ago, I got two "mining" payments this week (both <0.0x) , none of the coins moved across, but then after 34 days a 10.15 and a corresponding 0.09938 "mining" both jumped across to the "stake" balance.

Will be watching to see how the remainder of the coins go - just one question, is there a new block 'mined' for the 10.15 'stake' and would I be correct to assume unlike the 10, 5, 2.5, 1.25 payouts, this block netted the 0.09938 Huh

That was yesterday - today the whole balance is back to the "balance" with zero in the "stake" - is this right?

One last question, is the fractions only to six decimal places?

Thanks,

In your client click on, help- debug window- console, then type in listaddressgroupings. This will give you a list of every address used by your client to store your funds.

Each address and balance qualifies for stake separately after 30 days. This is why it may seem like random amounts are being held as stake.

I also use this action if I need to send some funds, so not to disturb multiple addresses which your client probably will do if done the normal way.

I listaddressgroupings then I choose an address from the list, type - sendfrom .

Many thanks to the people who've taken the time to reply - I appreciate your feedback.

I was already aware of the eight decimal laces, however, my CGB mining/ transfers have all been to six decimal places (the whole lot) so I wasn't sure if it was some uncanny quirk or it was intentional at six decimal places.

I did the listaddressgroupings as reccommended and got something unusual, there were two addresses listed, the first lists the balance as it is, while the second address has some "dust" in it.

Now I have in my one wallet a couple of addresses 5a... 5b... 5c... and 5d... - only this one found in the listaddressgroupings is a 5z... Still not sure how that happened, but hey, more coins is good right?

(5a was created with the wallet, 5b is to transfer from ConEx.PW 5c is a public donation address and 5d is a spare address) - where 5z fits in I have no idea...

Edit: Or you may have multiple funded addresses, all ranging from 0-30 days that you don't want to spend from.
legendary
Activity: 3696
Merit: 2219
💲🏎️💨🚓
Have started to see CGB move from balance to "stake" balance.

I had five transactions (all < 1.0 each and <1.0 total) from more than 30days ago, I got two "mining" payments this week (both <0.0x) , none of the coins moved across, but then after 34 days a 10.15 and a corresponding 0.09938 "mining" both jumped across to the "stake" balance.

Will be watching to see how the remainder of the coins go - just one question, is there a new block 'mined' for the 10.15 'stake' and would I be correct to assume unlike the 10, 5, 2.5, 1.25 payouts, this block netted the 0.09938 Huh

That was yesterday - today the whole balance is back to the "balance" with zero in the "stake" - is this right?

One last question, is the fractions only to six decimal places?

Thanks,

In your client click on, help- debug window- console, then type in listaddressgroupings. This will give you a list of every address used by your client to store your funds.

Each address and balance qualifies for stake separately after 30 days. This is why it may seem like random amounts are being held as stake.

I also use this action if I need to send some funds, so not to disturb multiple addresses which your client probably will do if done the normal way.

I listaddressgroupings then I choose an address from the list, type - sendfrom .

Many thanks to the people who've taken the time to reply - I appreciate your feedback.

I was already aware of the eight decimal laces, however, my CGB mining/ transfers have all been to six decimal places (the whole lot) so I wasn't sure if it was some uncanny quirk or it was intentional at six decimal places.

I did the listaddressgroupings as reccommended and got something unusual, there were two addresses listed, the first lists the balance as it is, while the second address has some "dust" in it.

Now I have in my one wallet a couple of addresses 5a... 5b... 5c... and 5d... - only this one found in the listaddressgroupings is a 5z... Still not sure how that happened, but hey, more coins is good right?

(5a was created with the wallet, 5b is to transfer from ConEx.PW 5c is a public donation address and 5d is a spare address) - where 5z fits in I have no idea...
legendary
Hi,

Although I've got more housekeeping to do with one of our new nodes, I wanted to bring the block explorer back now rather than later.  I'll set up a FastCGI explorer later and make it the primary explorer and this explorer will eventually be a backup: 

http://explorer.cryptogenicbullion.org:2750/chain/CryptogenicBullion

Cheers!

-Merc

Great news! Thank you for squeezing this project into your queue Merc!!!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Hi,

Although I've got more housekeeping to do with one of our new nodes, I wanted to bring the block explorer back now rather than later.  I'll set up a FastCGI explorer later and make it the primary explorer and this explorer will eventually be a backup: 

http://explorer.cryptogenicbullion.org:2750/chain/CryptogenicBullion

Cheers!

-Merc
Jump to: