Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 16. (Read 286590 times)

legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
I emailed about CGB to added to Crypto-Trade, they have just finished a complete upgrade/makeover after 1 year of operation and the new CryptoTrade v2 is looking fantastic.  

Got a reply and they said CGB will be added to their new voting page. Only 2 coins so far to vote on and I think they are just there so it wasnt empty Cheesy.  

One HUGE benefit with CT is that verification is neither asked for or required for users to trade FIAT, so if enough support could be found a potential CGB/USD could be added in addition to a CGB/BTC (they already offer BC/USD, LTC/USD, CINNI/USD to name a few).

They also have a commission free voucher system that allows creation of a voucher code instead of withdrawing to address.  eg: i can "withdraw" to generated code 2 CGB, give that code to someone, later on they can redeem the full value of the code I made for them to their CT account instantly.  

Some other features of CryptoTrade are its messaging system, Securities/Investment platform, and an API.  Smiley

Winning altcoin gets added next week I believe, so CGB has a great chance right now to be added on established exchange with some great features and benefits not found elsewhere.

Thanks digit! I have not used Crypto-Trade, but your recommendation speaks volumes. Please let us know when voting for CGB opens and we will rally to make this happen.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010
I emailed about CGB to added to Crypto-Trade, they have just finished a complete upgrade/makeover after 1 year of operation and the new CryptoTrade v2 is looking fantastic.  

Got a reply and they said CGB will be added to their new voting page. Only 2 coins so far to vote on and I think they are just there so it wasnt empty Cheesy.  

One HUGE benefit with CT is that verification is neither asked for or required for users to trade FIAT, so if enough support could be found a potential CGB/USD could be added in addition to a CGB/BTC (they already offer BC/USD, LTC/USD, CINNI/USD to name a few).

They also have a commission free voucher system that allows creation of a voucher code instead of withdrawing to address.  eg: i can "withdraw" to generated code 2 CGB, give that code to someone, later on they can redeem the full value of the code I made for them to their CT account instantly.  

Some other features of CryptoTrade are its messaging system, Securities/Investment platform, and an API.  Smiley

Winning altcoin gets added next week I believe, so CGB has a great chance right now to be added on established exchange with some great features and benefits not found elsewhere.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

Two: Comments, please: ten minutes ago, I was talking to my trader about analysing this: Bitcoin and Friends drop in price on the spot when bad news surfaces -- arrest of Dread Pirate, The China Thing, Gox -- but it doesn't spike on good news. For example, acceptance by Dell computers is great news.

Mark, Australia

2. Trust comes on foot and leaves on a horseback.

Adoption doesn't necesarily raise the price on shortterm, it would be based on hype and enthousiasm which is often full of empty air, it's about real usage, spending and saving longterm. Someone buys a bitcoin, buys a computer, Dell sells a bitcoin, it could even out and do nothing to the price. But they may want to hold a reserve so could be selling a little less bitcoins than they receive. If all customers also keep a little extra in the wallet... it all adds up and slowly makes less btc available on the market. Ofcourse all the news that comes out around the big company helps to attract more people to learn about bitcoin, plus offering 10% discount when using btc is like a honeypot. It does take time to grow. Many pumpage is proven false and the prices get kicked back to where it should be based on natural growth.

Agreed. It could even be price negative depending on how they are accepting the Bitcoin. If its being sold for fiat immediately, this could actually provide a negative price pressure to balance the positive news.

Getting hammered on bad news and hearing crickets on good news is something that reminds me of the gold and silver markets since the spike in 2011. It has been nothing but a managed decline since using a similar pattern. It's hard to say anything for sure, but we can almost safely assume that anything which can be manipulated at this point, is manipulated out of necessity. As with most things in our society right now, its 100x more important that something looks good, than actually is good. As we are on the edge of dollar collapse and the rise of the next big monetary system, its important to the kleptocracy (see video posted just above Smiley) that the existing infrastructure be made to look attractive, while all alternatives like gold, silver, and CGB are hammered to simply look bad.

papersheepdog, Canada
legendary
Activity: 1960
2. Trust comes on foot and leaves on a horseback.

Adoption doesn't necesarily raise the price on shortterm, it would be based on hype and enthousiasm which is often full of empty air, it's about real usage, spending and saving longterm. Someone buys a bitcoin, buys a computer, Dell sells a bitcoin, it could even out and do nothing to the price. But they may want to hold a reserve so could be selling a little less bitcoins than they receive. If all customers also keep a little extra in the wallet... it all adds up and slowly makes less btc available on the market. Ofcourse all the news that comes out around the big company helps to attract more people to learn about bitcoin, plus offering 10% discount when using btc is like a honeypot. It does take time to grow. Many pumpage is proven false and the prices get kicked back to where it should be based on natural growth.
IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Wheeeee!!!!!! In town. Got Net.

One: IndiaMikeZulu, PSD, is struggling to catch up on some projects that were sidelined by months of Good Samaritan work -- and one was a Theory of Crypto-Price Analysis. Interestingly, I was gonna ask for opionons today on this:

http://www.coindesk.com/trend-spotting-identify-trends-bitcoin-price-charts/

We have been discussing a 'thinkatorium' -- a day-trading enterprise -- for a year or more now. There is too much data for one person. We are libertarians, so we tend to look for mutually beneficial alliances. Members of the thinkatorium don't need to be physically together. It's a matter of checking the quality of data: the answer is the quality of data. Then you share that data with people you trust (and you guys can see how this would run in parallel with our Big Picture idea of a consultancy).

Two: Comments, please: ten minutes ago, I was talking to my trader about analysing this: Bitcoin and Friends drop in price on the spot when bad news surfaces -- arrest of Dread Pirate, The China Thing, Gox -- but it doesn't spike on good news. For example, acceptance by Dell computers is great news.

Mark, Australia
Interesting article, quite technical (centralization vs decentralization) "Networks vs. Hierarchies: Which Will Win? Niall Furguson Weighs In" - Michael Krieger

I challenge anyone to get through that in one sitting. I am only half way through. You can also skip to the end for a really cool video : Bitcoin threatens kleptocracy and through that bitcoin saves capitalism with Andreas Antonopoulos.

Wow I never paid attention or noticed but that guy is a machine. Total topic ownership.

edit: another cool article.

papersheepdog, Canada
I just got an idea but I'm not sure if its a great one Smiley

Maybe it exists already. Has anyone heard of a guide to analysing cryptocurrencies?

All the specs, what they mean, different technologies and maybe a tech tree of their relevance in the big picture. This should in no way get into specific examples or data. I could see this as being useful for investors to better understand what sets CGB apart. It would also likely make its way into the CryptoTown project as a major component.

I have no time right now for anything like that so I'm just throwing it out there. Cheers!

papersheepdog, Canada
Activity: 779
Merit: 502
Don't be fooled by the pricedip, only about 1% of all existing CGB's have been sold this cheap during the past month on cryptsy.  Wink

True. It would only cost 2,31 BTC to buy the 100 lowest sell orders on cryptsy (5763,2cgb). And that would bring the price up 61,7%.  Smiley
legendary
Don't be fooled by the pricedip, only about 1% of all existing CGB's have been sold this cheap during the past month on cryptsy.  Wink

edit: It's a rough estimation I made perhaps not very exact but you can check the charts for more precise info.
Net thing driving me nuts!

There is a 'list of proof of stake coins' on bitcointalk.

Mark, Australia

I mean, CGB just passed a milestone while entering its permanent long term inflation target. What other coins have also done so? We could look through lists and calculate each one to see where it's at in its life cycle but that will take a long time. Was hoping others might just know other coins in the same boat. Do your neighbors all have the same internet issues? Maybe they know some better way?
IMZ
legendary
Net thing driving me nuts!

There is a 'list of proof of stake coins' on bitcointalk.

Mark, Australia

• Quark (6MO)  
  • BlackCoin (1WK)  

Please add to the list!  

Are you looking for alts that do not have a PoW phase any more?
The newer generation PoW / PoS hybrids generally have a very short PoW state and then jump to PoS only with a high interest rate. Please see Mintcoin for instance; https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-mint-mintcoin-pos-5-no-ico-fair-distro-community-maintained-450381

Check various multipool site stats for altcoins which are supported but not mineable anymore. This could perhaps give many suggestions of PoW / PoS hybrids that are now PoS only. I cannot check more right now, but I'm sure that there must have been a couple dozen alts with an "instamining phase" PoW of hours - days -weeks that are now PoS only. Such alts may have a official multipool mining other altcoins and reinvesting the profits to support there coin on the crypto markets.

Yes I was thinking about Mintcoin but not sure. All valid factors. Sometimes we have a PoW stage which spreads coin through mining, and then to a PoS schedule which rewards early holders. I would say it could be useful to have two lists: One list where the PoW expansion phase has reached its long term rate, and another where we narrow it down to PoS schedule having also been completed (or was static like CGB).

papersheepdog, Canada
legendary
Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022
Have a mining question that hopefully someone can assist with on Reddit...

http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptogenicBullion/comments/2b38oi/solo_mining_help/
IMZ
legendary
Net problem still critical.
Big welcome to Raizor.

Hey, PSD. Big beautiful wild female emu came to within 12 feet to scoff some wheat.
Mark Australia
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

• Quark (6MO)  
  • BlackCoin (1WK)  

Please add to the list!  

Are you looking for alts that do not have a PoW phase any more?
The newer generation PoW / PoS hybrids generally have a very short PoW state and then jump to PoS only with a high interest rate. Please see Mintcoin for instance; https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-mint-mintcoin-pos-5-no-ico-fair-distro-community-maintained-450381

Check various multipool site stats for altcoins which are supported but not mineable anymore. This could perhaps give many suggestions of PoW / PoS hybrids that are now PoS only. I cannot check more right now, but I'm sure that there must have been a couple dozen alts with an "instamining phase" PoW of hours - days -weeks that are now PoS only. Such alts may have a official multipool mining other altcoins and reinvesting the profits to support there coin on the crypto markets.
Got Net.
Go, us

Mark Auatralia

Hey Mark!

Good to hear from ya. I hope that means your internet situation has been upgraded  Tongue

Spreading my time pretty thin and staying busy over here. The level of support is picking up.

Have a look at the Universal Perspective workshop and let me know what you think.

How's the winter treating you guys? Wild emus doing ok? Grin
Forgot to mention this so I'll just post it here!

CGB Reaches PoW Baseline Target (after 1 year)!
Low 2%/yr monetary base expansion now locked in.

Please also see the Reddit post for further discussion.

CGB has recently hit its baseline inflation target, completing its ~1 Year PoW mining schedule!  

• Approximately 15 CGB are mined per day!
  • Currently about 955K CGB exist!
  • Every year we add 5500 CGB (PoW) and an additional maximum of 15000 CGB (PoS).

We would like to add and organize more of the above, as well as collect a list of all coins that have reached their baseline goal! I will start with the only ones that I recall at the moment.  

• Quark (6MO)  
  • BlackCoin (1WK)  

Please add to the list!  
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
Great news keeps coming the CGB way Wink
Big welcome to Raizor and I'll be looking forward for the coming wallet improvements!
legendary
Wonderfull news for CGB. Keep up the good work  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
Big welcome to Raizor!
Pages:
Jump to: