Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 19. (Read 286590 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010
FYI - Comkort's wallet issue has been resolved and CGB trading has now resumed.

Good job, thanks.
Buying a few CGB each day from 150 ghs btc mining profit  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
FYI - Comkort's wallet issue has been resolved and CGB trading has now resumed.

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Excellent discussion going on! I have no time to reply. Just wanted to post some cool things I came across recently.

Development Workshop - Point of Sale Methods

DogePoS - Open source Point of Sale suite!!!!! Hoping to be able to test this and modify it to accept other crypto.

http://www.bigbtc.ca/ BIGbtc Bitcoin Integration Group. Provides services related to the business adoption of crypto in Canada!

Barrie VIP Merchants Bitcoin Meetup another interesting find. There were only a few views it looks like, and it was posted May 13 (2 months ago). I guess date is still TBD, assuming this is still in the works.

Have sent a note to BIGbtc, I think there is a lot of room for collaboration.
IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
And
the power of patient community?

Guys, IMZ has tried community coin-exchanges with three coin communities. Two failed -- but check out cryptocointalk dokdo. Read the earlier pages. It has progressed to a small but vibrant informal bourse. We could lead the world in this model with just three or four enthusastic coiners.
M
IMZ
legendary
See IMZ in the cafe. See him having Net:

Gotta back PSD on physically held bullion. GFC junkies are aware of the etf drama, the bullion equivalent of fractional reserve.

Killiz! Wa ha ha -- Crypto Town in the middle of nowhere. Actually sort of ya. We aimed for hybrid adoption but the town chosen is small. We knew what would happpen -- sigh -- but an attempt from a 'standing start' was what we chose.

Who mentioned UK data from coinmap? The cryptomall project checked the australian coinmap data -- Warning will robinson!! Low quality!

The mall is not dead. An associate has taken the wheel.

Mark Australia
legendary
Please read. Good payment provider to research for CGB and to get involved:

txtCOINSnow offers a simple way for merchants and nontechnical users to accept, trade and safely buy products and services using crypto-currencies. The system automatically calculates local currencies from the various types of crypto-coins in your account based on current exchange rates and coin values.

http://info.txtcoinsnow.com/

Sounds a lot like MPesa for crypto. There is a BitPesa but that just focuses on Bitcoin. This seems like the same thing targeting the alt coin market. I am all for ease of use and think this will be a critical space in allowing for mass adoption. Good find!
legendary
Hi Elambert, PSD, Nice article in the magazine! I'm wondering whats next regarding CGB marketing and how are the replies doing on your extra dev request?

Hello menno!
Glad you liked the article, PSD did a phenomenal job with it and dedicated a lot of time to putting it together. We are all very proud of the outcome! The article is stage one in our new marketing campaign - more to come soon. Regarding dev assistance, we have had some interest and are moving forward. More on this will be revealed as soon as possible. Stay tuned my friend!
legendary
Please read. Good payment provider to research for CGB and to get involved:

txtCOINSnow offers a simple way for merchants and nontechnical users to accept, trade and safely buy products and services using crypto-currencies. The system automatically calculates local currencies from the various types of crypto-coins in your account based on current exchange rates and coin values.

http://info.txtcoinsnow.com/
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Hi Elambert, PSD, Nice article in the magazine! I'm wondering whats next regarding CGB marketing and how are the replies doing on your extra dev request?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
CGB Investors

Q. Does the minting function work?

A. Yes it does.   Smiley (like a champ!)

Small problem is unlocking the wallet.  No button.
Easy to fix just use the console command.

Code:
walletpassphrase  

And since there is almost no one minting you will find a block very fast. Free coins for anyone who bothers.

I really don't understand why people keep their coins on the exchanges. You are giving away your pos blocks, but even worse, you are giving a lot of coins to cryptsy who are minting and dumping.

I had never thought about exchanges that hold pos coins doing the minting.  This is a very intersting point.  In my case, I only have a few cgb and i hold them in my own wallet, so I wasn't falling prey to this, but thanks for bringing it up!
IMZ
legendary
Formal Apology: it looks like IndiaMikeZulu's long run of commercial development has been ended. I have been without Net at my farmhouse for nearly a month. (In town today -- wow! Real Net is much much more fun the Trickle 'o Net!)

I second BTcat's point. You can tell a lot about a coin by reading, say, one in ten of the pages on its Bitcointalk ANN thread, which I used to do last year when I was IMZ's coin-chooser guy. Some coin-communities are a madhouse, and some are outright hostile to 'outsiders' (Gee!! Community Devlopment Tactic!!)

Go the physical bullion thing!! We are going in Spring, as arranged, to see the guy in Perth. I ask all Australian CGB-ers to express any interest they have in buying physical bullion. The ten-ounce silver bars are a great 'Beginners' Choice.' (I sure am a beginner.) They are about $250 Aus.

Mark Blair, Western Australia
08 9857 1000
legendary
Someone asked me what's so special about CGB:

It's one of the few coins that never has any problems, technically and no social drama's. Community is always friendly and mature, quite the opposite from many other coins where people are acting rude, childish or totally unprofessional. Many coin dev's lack the ability to do proper marketing and take their coin serious. CGB is very different, ethics is very important for businesses and investors to get involved. That's why CGB will succeed is my believe  Wink

Thanks guys  Cheesy
Activity: 779
Merit: 502
CGB Investors

Code:
walletpassphrase

And since there is almost no one minting you will find a block very fast. Free coins for anyone who bothers.

I really don't understand why people keep their coins on the exchanges. You are giving away your pos blocks, but even worse, you are giving a lot of coins to cryptsy who are minting and dumping.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
CGB Investors

Code:
walletpassphrase
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Trickle of  Net;

Thanks, bahamapascal. You understand aright: the time is now.

It is tiny and clunky but you can nuy the products of Cherry Valley Farm Australia with CGB.

Next: the Auustralian proto cgb for physical bullion project is undetway. I sold $125 of silver bullion for CGB yesterday. Details tofollow.
Net still v bad

Mark, Australia

Hey Mark! Good to year from ya! That's great to hear about the Farm, and especially the bullion sale. We were thinking of a global CryptoMall dedicated to the exchanges who will make such bullion trades possible. The key behind this is establishing the market, and a "crypto to gold" ratio, just as Silver to Gold is tracked. Investors can have more confidence that their crypto can easily be sold for precious metals or the metals for crypto. Just get to the safety of one or the other can you can then adjust your holdings for a preferred balance.

Much progress has been made on the CryptoTown documentation, but I have still not caught up to the workshops.

papersheepdog, Canada
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

Really nice work, and an interesting article about CGB!
Nice work team!, and I hope that this marks the start for the renewed investors interest in our favorite bullion Smiley

Looking forward to the ongoing marketing campaign!
legendary
Activity: 1672
IMZ
legendary
Trickle of  Net;

Thanks, bahamapascal. You understand aright: the time is now.

It is tiny and clunky but you can nuy the products of Cherry Valley Farm Australia with CGB.

Next: the Auustralian proto cgb for physical bullion project is undetway. I sold $125 of silver bullion for CGB yesterday. Details tofollow.
Net still v bad

Mark, Australia
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

Just stunning, fantastic development sure to push adoption  Smiley

God, I sure hope so.  Is there a site where I can see CGB-BTC exchange rates in a single click?  I mean without having to click through the cryptsy markets?
Activity: 346
Merit: 255

Just stunning, fantastic development sure to push adoption  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: