Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 89. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 120
Merit: 100
I think this coin got all the qualities to success. However, a quality coin does not mean it will success without a good promotion and marketing effort. Bitcoin success not just because its innovation, but also it is the first cryptcoin and any other to compete with. But now there are more than 100 cryptcoins, so to stand out of the rest, we really need a good marketing team like doge, any one agree? Any good ideas to promote CGB?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
Buy CGB with EU!
http://cryptokopen.eu
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
It's one full troy ounce of silver
Activity: 120
Physical Cryptogenic Bullion bars made from 1 troy ounce of .999 fine silver are in! I will be having professional photos done soon but here are a couple snapshots for the time being.

These look absolutely

Ok how do I buy those, they are really quite nice! Cheesy

http://finitebydesign.net/  Grin

I have one of my own, and it looks even better in person!

Hi, is this silver or gold?
Activity: 238
The Physical CGB are very beautiful.  I picked up a few, which is why I was asking about the paper wallets.

I highly recommend FiniteByDesign http://finitebydesign.net/
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Wow, they are really nice, but I think I may buy 200 Cryptogenic Bullions for the $200 instead of 10 and a decorative case...lol, Ill buy 20 of them once Cryptogenic Bullion's price shoots up Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
Physical Cryptogenic Bullion bars made from 1 troy ounce of .999 fine silver are in! I will be having professional photos done soon but here are a couple snapshots for the time being.

These look absolutely

http://finitebydesign.net/  Grin

I have one of my own, and it looks even better in person!
Activity: 70

These look absolutely

Activity: 112

These look absolutely
legendary
So what about coins in a paper wallet?   When I eventually import them some day, lets say it is a couple years in the future, will they generate a couple years worth of stake? Or will the stake be lost?

Max coin age for minting is 90 days. You don't generate more stake if you hold longer then that. So to get the highest possible interest rate you would need to import your private key 365/90=4,055 times every year. Or every 90 days to be exact.  Smiley

Ok, lets say I don't import it for a couple years.  Does it mint 1.2% * number of years held or just 1.2% total.

You would mint for 90 days only and it would be at the 1.5% annual rate.
legendary
So what about coins in a paper wallet?   When I eventually import them some day, lets say it is a couple years in the future, will they generate a couple years worth of stake? Or will the stake be lost?

You should import your private key every 90 days and accumulate 1.5% annually. If you wait years, you will receive interest for 90 days, this is the max.

Max coin age for minting is 90 days. You don't generate more stake if you hold longer then that. So to get the highest possible interest rate you would need to import your private key 365/90=4,055 times every year. Or every 90 days to be exact.  Smiley

Ok, lets say I don't import it for a couple years.  Does it mint 1.2% * number of years held or just 1.2% total.
Activity: 779
Merit: 502

legendary
Marketing idea.

I think it might be a good idea to write a blog post about POS minting and promote it on the forum, twitter and facebook. It seems that many people dont know what POS is and even more dont know how to mint. Promoting POS will probably remove a few sell orders on the exchanges and drive the price up.

Funny you should mention that, great minds, right? lol

I actually wrote a guide last week that is incorporated with the new website to be released. Here is the information for use in the interim:

Guide to Earning Proof of Stake Interest:

The question has come up a few times recently so I wanted to write a guide to direct CGB owners how to earn Proof of Stake (PoS) interest on their CGB holdings. First of all, in case the reader is not aware, CGB is a PoW/PoS (Proof of Work/Proof of Stake) hybrid. What does this mean? This means that CGB can be minted (created) in 2 different ways and each method acts to secure the blockchain and make CGB far more resistant to 51% attack than any crypto that employs either PoW or PoS solely.

First lets look at the PoW (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_work) algorithm. The mining rewards from PoW are what most of the community will be familiar with as evidenced in many of the well known cryptos such as Bitcoin and Litecoin. CGB too can be mined via PoW in the same way as Bitcoin and Litecoin. A couple of negatives about this algorithm are wasted energy (computer hashing power) and attack vulnerability (51%).

Secondly lets take a look at the PoS (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake) algorithm. Proof of Stake allows the holder of funds to earn interest at a variable rate per a specified time period. This interest is in essence a reward to the owner for allowing their holdings to be used to protect the network. If an attacker wanted to target a PoS algorithm crypto, the attacker would have to own greater than 50% of the staked cryptos making the attack pointless, as the attacker would also be the attacked. Additionally far less energy is required for PoS minting.

Again, CGB takes advantage of both afore mentioned algorithms - meaning that CGB can be earned through mining (PoW) as well as through simply holding (PoS). Also, the combination of these two algorithms means an attacker would have to control greater than 50% of the hashing power of the network as well as greater than 50% of the staked cryptos.

Now on to the main point of this write-up, how does the CGB owner earn PoS interest on their holdings?

•   Holdings must be held stationary by their owner for at least 30 days at which point the owner will accumulate 1.2% annual interest.
•   For max interest of 1.5% annually, the owner must hold their funds stationary for 90 days.
•   A locked wallet (highly recommended for security) must be unlocked for PoS minting.
•   Note: The wallet does not have to stay unlocked; it just has to be unlocked periodically. (Again, for max interest of 1.5% annually, one would unlock their wallet every 90 days).

How do I unlock my wallet?
1.   Open your CGB client and let it sync
2.   Go to “Help” tab > Debug window > Console
3.   Type in the below command without the <> symbols and press enter:
a.   For PC
walletpassphrase <'your pass phrase'> 999999
b.   For MAC
walletpassphrase <“your pass phrase”> 999999
4.   Your client will do the rest from here, just allow it to run its course and add the staked CGB to your balance
5.   Lock you client again by simply closing the client

If you have any questions on this write up or suggested edits, please submit to [email protected].

Activity: 779
Merit: 502
Marketing idea.

I think it might be a good idea to write a blog post about POS minting and promote it on the forum, twitter and facebook. It seems that many people dont know what POS is and even more dont know how to mint. Promoting POS will probably remove a few sell orders on the exchanges and drive the price up.
Activity: 455
Merit: 251
Yes, just a glitch unfortunately, otherwise my orders would have filled Sad
That's a shame - I'd been wondering about those spikes and was thinking of setting a really low buy order.  Guess that won't work after all...boooo. Smiley
legendary
Yes, just a glitch unfortunately, otherwise my orders would have filled Sad
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I saw on Cryptsy that on January 30 2014 @ 22:00, the low for CGB was 0.00000001. Uh, what's up with that?

I saw that too. However it was only a brief spike and only lasted a few minutes, so it looks like it was a glitch or something. The trading range was normal for the rest of the day. The volumes being traded were also nothing excessive. So probably a glitch.http://www.storinggold.com/A1.jpg
Pages:
Jump to: