Pages:
Author

Topic: Historic Cryptogenic Bullion thread - CLOSED - page 97. (Read 286609 times)

Activity: 750
Merit: 503
I've followed the concept of cryptocurrencies for a couple of years, however I'm new to actually owning them.

CGB ticked all the correct boxes for what I was looking for. A progressive development team that is in for the long haul. A relatively small coin issue size, and a well thought out concept. The recent price dip that has been faced by all the cryptocurrencies was a good time to stock up and let me slowly get 1,000+ CGB. This is a coin to buy and store.

I live in Japan, so the one difficulty I had in collecting CGB was to get the initial bitcoin to exchange for CGB. There are all kinds of rules about international money transfers here so I used Virwox exchange to upload USD via Paypal to my Virwox account, then changed those dollars to Linden Second life dollars on Virwox, then changed Linden second life dollars to Bitcoin. Withdrew bitcoin to my computer. Sent Bitcoin to Cryptsy account. Exchanged Bitcoin into CGB. Withdrew CGB to my computer, and then backed up the wallet into a cloud drive and USB thumb drive. Phew ... but worth it.

We are still only in the early stages of Bitcoin going mainstream so as Bitcoins become easier to purchase for people all over the world, more people will also discover and invest in CGB.

Wow  Shocked all that just to get hold of some Bullion! Your tiresome efforts will be greatly rewarded  Grin

Welcome to the community  Wink
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
I've followed the concept of cryptocurrencies for a couple of years, however I'm new to actually owning them.

CGB ticked all the correct boxes for what I was looking for. A progressive development team that is in for the long haul. A relatively small coin issue size, and a well thought out concept. The recent price dip that has been faced by all the cryptocurrencies was a good time to stock up and let me slowly get 1,000+ CGB. This is a coin to buy and store.

I live in Japan, so the one difficulty I had in collecting CGB was to get the initial bitcoin to exchange for CGB. There are all kinds of rules about international money transfers here so I used Virwox exchange to upload USD via Paypal to my Virwox account, then changed those dollars to Linden Second life dollars on Virwox, then changed Linden second life dollars to Bitcoin. Withdrew bitcoin to my computer. Sent Bitcoin to Cryptsy account. Exchanged Bitcoin into CGB. Withdrew CGB to my computer, and then backed up the wallet into a cloud drive and USB thumb drive. Phew ... but worth it.

We are still only in the early stages of Bitcoin going mainstream so as Bitcoins become easier to purchase for people all over the world, more people will also discover and invest in CGB.
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002
I downloaded the MAC wallet and it's very slow and gets hung up all the time.  Are you guys experiencing the same thing?

I have a very slow blockchain sync with the mac client, but that it true for all osx qt clients. Don't know what to do about that.
It took me about 4 weeks (!) to redownload the blockchain when the new wallet was released.

I have had to resolve to either setting up a windows virtual machine on my mac, or running another CGB-wallet on a windows laptop. Running the windows wallet, in a virtual machine on osx, redownloads the blockchain in an hour or so.
Activity: 61
Merit: 11

Bullion is pretty cheap and undervalued at the moment, i think i will put some in my pocket, all other Alts are going up and i expect this one to boom soon.

I hope im right.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
To the moon!
legendary
Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008
I like that it is PoW / PoS hybrid!

5aP69mggzjRfUwUnpAPHTEffbsv4anUrJL

Thx!

Sent  Grin
legendary
Are there any updates on MADEsparq?  It's been a while.

Work continues on MADEsparq and CB. Your best source for updates as they are made available is the dev blog on the website:
https://cryptogenicbullion.org/#blog
legendary
Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022
anyone here who would possibly sell me 50 CGB directly in a trade. ill pay market price, i just don't want to mess with Cryptsy. I am a well respected member here and i wouldn't risk my rep over 50 CGB. escrow if preferred, but i'm pretty sure elambert would vouch for me.

The reason i need the cgb is due to the double coin on cancel bug that allowed a user at our exchange to drain the cgb wallet, leaving us owing about 50 CGB to users who are desperately trying to withdraw. please reply here. i would be willing to send half/half. or you go first. i will pay. no reason to risk my reputation for such a small amount of coins.

r3wt, I appreciate what your doing and will be happy to assist. Please pm me your address and I will send you 50 CGB when I get to my wallet later. Thank you for making things right!
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
anyone here who would possibly sell me 50 CGB directly in a trade. ill pay market price, i just don't want to mess with Cryptsy. I am a well respected member here and i wouldn't risk my rep over 50 CGB. escrow if preferred, but i'm pretty sure elambert would vouch for me.

The reason i need the cgb is due to the double coin on cancel bug that allowed a user at our exchange to drain the cgb wallet, leaving us owing about 50 CGB to users who are desperately trying to withdraw. please reply here. i would be willing to send half/half. or you go first. i will pay. no reason to risk my reputation for such a small amount of coins.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Are there any updates on MADEsparq?  It's been a while.
legendary

Here's a 1st draft mock-up of a Cryptogenic Bullion card concept that I've been working on.

These cards are being designed as collectable 'add-on' packs or gift sets linked to FiniteByDesign's CGB hologram cards and will be available in Sterling Silver, 9ct Gold, 18ct Gold and Platinum. Each laminated card will house just over 1 gram of each metal - frozen as cryptogenic bullion.  Grin

BAD ASS.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF

Here's a 1st draft mock-up of a Cryptogenic Bullion card concept that I've been working on.

These cards are being designed as collectable 'add-on' packs or gift sets linked to FiniteByDesign's CGB hologram cards and will be available in Sterling Silver, 9ct Gold, 18ct Gold and Platinum. Each laminated card will house just over 1 gram of each metal - frozen as cryptogenic bullion.  Grin

The bids are piling up on Cryptsy.  Only 437 shy of 2K. 
I downloaded the MAC wallet and it's very slow and gets hung up all the time.  Are you guys experiencing the same thing?

I use the Mac wallet and have had no issues. Do you have more specifics on where/when the client is getting hung up or acting slow? I assume you have the latest version (1.1.6.5) downloaded directly from the website https://cryptogenicbullion.org/#download?

It gets hung up at start-up.  It takes like 3 minutes to launch.

Ok, yes, my client takes a couple of minutes to load but seems to load faster than my Bitcoin client. You are not experiencing performance issues then, just a slower than desired start-up?

Also, I found this in Merc's dev blog from the website:

Yes, just start-up issues.  Thanks.
legendary

Now accepting Cryptogenic Bullion in exchange for precious metals @ http://www.mintagemastermind.com
legendary
I downloaded the MAC wallet and it's very slow and gets hung up all the time.  Are you guys experiencing the same thing?

I use the Mac wallet and have had no issues. Do you have more specifics on where/when the client is getting hung up or acting slow? I assume you have the latest version (1.1.6.5) downloaded directly from the website https://cryptogenicbullion.org/#download?

It gets hung up at start-up.  It takes like 3 minutes to launch.

Ok, yes, my client takes a couple of minutes to load but seems to load faster than my Bitcoin client. You are not experiencing performance issues then, just a slower than desired start-up?

Also, I found this in Merc's dev blog from the website:

I downloaded the MAC wallet and it's very slow and gets hung up all the time.  Are you guys experiencing the same thing?

It gets hung up at start-up.  It takes like 3 minutes to launch.
legendary
Activity: 814
Merit: 1000
I like that it is PoW / PoS hybrid!

5aP69mggzjRfUwUnpAPHTEffbsv4anUrJL

Thx!
legendary
5mFxcs9WAfz3HZCnmAt5diyjJwpQraRauG

The 0.5% annual PoW inflation is my favorite thing about CB.

Thank you.

Sent!
Pages:
Jump to: