Author

Topic: Hiveon. №1 OS for mining - page 106. (Read 80519 times)

Activity: 577
Merit: 27
December 28, 2017, 10:45:58 AM
I think I mess around with Core State all the way from 7 to 1. The lower the Core State, the less stable the system is. I understand Linux is a different OS so what ever I do on Win10 may not work so well. I will try to down clock the core voltage in the bios and flashed it. I am not familiar with the mV hex value from 65282 to 65288?

My GPU runs well around 925-950 mV on Win10. What hex value do I set?

Lastly, I just want to say your OS is rock solid. It auto restart miner, it tracks the performance of the rig recording the error it sees, it almost NEVER crash the OS till I cant reboots it. It really good.

I believe all farm operator should use it. It is a no brainer. SMOS doesn't even come close.

Thank you for a warm reply) You can set 950 or 925mv, no problem. You could see the voltage table for the GPU with wolfamdctrl -i 0 --show-voltage (there is hint for it in linux execute scetion). I think it just takes the voltage from DPM state and nothing more...
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
December 28, 2017, 10:42:14 AM
Sorry about that, I didn't phrase my question correctly. I left out the important part. The GPU are hashing tiny bit higher hash-rate but consuming 20 Watt more per card. I have thought about that as well, under clocking the RX GPU and loading it into the Bios. My PSU is a 1200 Watt system and 6x GPU system is nearing its safe limits.
If you set CoreState 2 does it change? CoreVolt seems not to have big effect on power consumption.

I think I mess around with Core State all the way from 7 to 1. The lower the Core State, the less stable the system is. I understand Linux is a different OS so what ever I do on Win10 may not work so well. I will try to down clock the core voltage in the bios and flashed it. I am not familiar with the mV hex value from 65282 to 65288?

My GPU runs well around 925-950 mV on Win10. What hex value do I set?

Lastly, I just want to say your OS is rock solid. It auto restart miner, it tracks the performance of the rig recording the error it sees, it almost NEVER crash the OS till I cant reboots it. It really good.

I believe all farm operator should use it. It is a no brainer. SMOS doesn't even come close.
Activity: 118
December 28, 2017, 10:25:35 AM
Another problem.
I don't have hardware watchdog but hiveos do reboot my rig perfectly on problems like "GPU Hang", but the matter is sometimes after reboot the miner does not "auto start" and i should run "miner start" command to run it manually ... what's wrong?
It seems to fixed in 0.5-16. If it still persists, PM me on fb or telegram and i could look at it via ssh.

Thanks for help on FB - wallet working now.

Unforcenetly hashrate on pool side is about 40% than it should be, so need more time to testing and figure it out - try other ccminer forks, but first i need to setup remote control.
December 28, 2017, 10:23:26 AM
Sorry about that, I didn't phrase my question correctly. I left out the important part. The GPU are hashing tiny bit higher hash-rate but consuming 20 Watt more per card. I have thought about that as well, under clocking the RX GPU and loading it into the Bios. My PSU is a 1200 Watt system and 6x GPU system is nearing its safe limits.
If you set CoreState 2 does it change? CoreVolt seems not to have big effect on power consumption.
Activity: 34
December 28, 2017, 10:11:56 AM
I am running RX480.
Core : 1000 Mhz
Core State : 3
Memory : 1950 Mhz
Mem State : 1
CoreVoltage : 875
My GPU are all 1625 MHZ bootstrapped that works well in Windows. Must I undo the firmware hack for Hive OS under clocking to work well?

Proper overclocking can be tricky with AMD cards. A lot of guys have success but still there are problems reported.
The 100% working solution is to flash your bios and with everything and do not touch that from web panel. There are upload and download bios buttons for that.
But I don't understand from your post does it consume too much watts or the hashrate is low?

Anyway,  I have started a paying account up on your Hive ecosystem and added a few more rigs. I am a small farm operator and I am thinking of migrating the rest since Windows sucks and creating a lot of issues with forced upgrades and driver overwrites.
December 28, 2017, 09:22:05 AM
I'm loosing the battle running RX cards under Hive or SmOS, works well in windows, but gives me nothing but trouble under Linux.
Any ideas/help will be greatly appreciated.
Most of the cards are getting to 300 Mhz mem and 300 Mhz Core and are staying there, if I attempt to fix via overclocking - it locks up.
Cards are BIOS patched and are working in Win10 flawlessly without any overclocking in OS.

300mhz means it's not mining or it can't set itself to higher performance levels.
If you say it works in windows then there is no problem with risers and so on.
- try to run it with 1 GPU, just to check if the problem still persists
- check GEN1-2 setting for PCI bus in bios, it's often reported to help setting gen1
- i'm almost sure this relates to some MB settings... don't know it's model so try to google.
December 28, 2017, 09:14:40 AM
What size usb is needed to run Hive OS I want to give it a shoot I'm looking for something life this for my amd rigs I tried pimp, ethos, and smos I'm currently running pxa fork of nvOS for my nvidia and love it but checking out hive looks good for my amd rigs

As small as 8gb required. Though usb flash drives are more for testing as die, you'd want to use SSD in production.
December 28, 2017, 09:10:39 AM
I am running RX480.
Core : 1000 Mhz
Core State : 3
Memory : 1950 Mhz
Mem State : 1
CoreVoltage : 875
My GPU are all 1625 MHZ bootstrapped that works well in Windows. Must I undo the firmware hack for Hive OS under clocking to work well?

Proper overclocking can be tricky with AMD cards. A lot of guys have success but still there are problems reported.
The 100% working solution is to flash your bios and with everything and do not touch that from web panel. There are upload and download bios buttons for that.
But I don't understand from your post does it consume too much watts or the hashrate is low?
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
December 28, 2017, 09:09:52 AM
What size usb is needed to run Hive OS I want to give it a shoot I'm looking for something life this for my amd rigs I tried pimp, ethos, and smos I'm currently running pxa fork of nvOS for my nvidia and love it but checking out hive looks good for my amd rigs
December 28, 2017, 09:05:38 AM
I have one RIG with 2x RX580 and 2x GTX1080. Under Windows i have the Claymore Dual Miner with the AMDs to mine ETH and LBC. For the nvidias i habe the DSTM Miner for ZEC.
Is this also possible with HiveOS? As i have seen i assign the miner directly to the RIG, so i first see no option to assign more then one miner to one RIG and select the GPUs?

Possible.
You open your rig, under primary miner there is "Second miner" link. There you select the second miner, dstm for example.
To specify gpu used by each miner please set them in "wallet" or in "tuning" dialog in the rig. You are looking or "Claymore config override". There are tips for each miner about the config options like "-di 34ab use GPUs 3, 4, 10, 11", just click on (i) icon to see that.
December 28, 2017, 08:59:30 AM
Another problem.
I don't have hardware watchdog but hiveos do reboot my rig perfectly on problems like "GPU Hang", but the matter is sometimes after reboot the miner does not "auto start" and i should run "miner start" command to run it manually ... what's wrong?
It seems to fixed in 0.5-16. If it still persists, PM me on fb or telegram and i could look at it via ssh.
December 28, 2017, 08:58:27 AM
Hello, can someone give me screen from CCMINER lyra2z wallet please ? I could not find working setup for miningpoolhub for more than 5 hours  Angry i want to mine Zcoin.
Manny thanks  Kiss
I've created a big fat example for Miningpoolhub. Check it out, that should help you. But I din't know where is lyra2z on miningpoolhub, if you know pool url and port that should be easy.
December 28, 2017, 08:55:56 AM
Can you clarify if there is a HIDDEN 5% DEVFEE in Hive OS?
No, there is NO FEE, but there is monthly payment for > 3 rigs. It would be a shame to have some hidden miners as this is detected very easily.
If you write such things in red letters and have no proof then you are just a scammer.
December 28, 2017, 08:51:36 AM
1. some note field
2. scheduler for miner and OC settings
3. different OC settings for each miner (or commands to run before start minning and after stop minning)
4. GPU and memory clock rates info
1. there is already a description field there for you
2. no plans for this
3. will done be soon
4. there are amd-info and nvdiai-smi commands for that
December 28, 2017, 08:48:39 AM
Still nothing ? iam managing 50+- rigs, please let me use your OS and pay you...
Currently i'm doing a video about the wallets in english. That should help. Or give me a PM message to FB or Telegram, I will correct your wallet settings if it's not working. It really depends on the pool so I can't give you the correct values here.
Activity: 118
December 28, 2017, 07:45:37 AM
Hello, can someone give me screen from CCMINER lyra2z wallet please ? I could not find working setup for miningpoolhub for more than 5 hours  Angry i want to mine Zcoin.
Manny thanks  Kiss

No answer ? Please, give me tip Smiley i really like this idea, but without Lyra2z XZC its seems useless for me Sad

Still nothing ? iam managing 50+- rigs, please let me use your OS and pay you...
Activity: 546
Merit: 111
FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET
December 28, 2017, 05:01:16 AM
I've ordered my first rig with 8x GTX 1060 3GB. My initial plan was to purchase ethOS and mine with it.
Would you recommend Hive OS instead? What are its pros vs. ethOS?

The best is to test both. You can test them on USB it easy.

- EthOS is not free.
+ HiveOS is free for 3 RIG / try it and you will keep it.

I am thinking of trying HiveOS first. Have nothing to lose right.

Is it harder to configure HiveOS than ethOS? Video on HiveOS website makes it look really simple. However reality is usually totally different. Smiley
Activity: 4
December 27, 2017, 06:01:34 PM
hi,

any support for R9 280, R9 290?

thanks
Activity: 4
December 27, 2017, 01:59:58 PM
how to change date and time settings ?

Code:
timedatectl list-timezones
timedatectl set-timezone "new timezone"

thx bro one more question  how to change keyboard change ?
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
December 27, 2017, 12:25:40 PM
I've ordered my first rig with 8x GTX 1060 3GB. My initial plan was to purchase ethOS and mine with it.
Would you recommend Hive OS instead? What are its pros vs. ethOS?

The best is to test both. You can test them on USB it easy.

- EthOS is not free.
+ HiveOS is free for 3 RIG / try it and you will keep it.

Jump to: