Author

Topic: Hiveon. №1 OS for mining - page 108. (Read 80519 times)

Activity: 349
Merit: 102
December 23, 2017, 10:09:40 PM
you can save a lot of $$$ just running any ubuntu machine, without paying crazy monthly fees. and everything thats in hive you can setup by yourself (all docs are online)
At first it's not "a lot of $$$".
Yes, everybody can do that if you are good linux admin and web developer and have months of free time and will to do this)
Hive is not just ubuntu which is sure for free, even you can take my distro and use some scripts from it, it's open. But it's a service in the first place. I have quite a lot of customers which were trying to do their own stats with Zabbix, custom made web scripts, etc. Now they are Hive clients) And every time you will want to add some feature to your own setup you will spend time again and again to do the task which is just in the box of Hive already.

no need to be good linux admin, all you need is proper use of google search. except wallet sync there's no processes that can take significant amount of time. if you can not add features to your rig, how you can be 100% sure its secured? Cool the only way is to build by yourself. and you will never learn to do that with hive? hive might be good for huge farms. but if you running a huge farm and don't know how to configure your miner - dude you probably should stop before somebody got everything)

So man do it yourself and stop this bullshit. Rent a server, create your custom Ubuntu linux miner system and after 2 or 3 month come back here.

Pretty sure you are using claymore.

Did you try it at least?

Time is coins so if you want to do it yourself do it. HiveOS allow me to install any rig in less than 5 minutes with auto-configuration and mining strait away.

And please create your linux system, you can find everything on google.

you don't need 2-3 months man, one night tops to build custom ubuntu/debian. no rent is necessary if all the toys will be on free heroku node. how fast you will clone os image on all your rigs depends on their amount.

the only two things i didn't tried yet is hive and ethos. trust issues  Cool
tried claymore once a year ago - don't think its relevant if you building custom miner

That's all fine and well but can you stop beating your drum? We get the point! This thread is clearly about HiveOS and there's no point continually slagging it off here.

It's like going to a furniture shop and standing around telling people not to buy something because there's a hardware store down the road for tools and they can go to the forest, pick their own tree, cut it down, mill it and make something much better themselves. Ok some might have the time and motivation to do that but others just want a table, now, thanks.

Hell start your own thread about how to roll your own linux os and monitor it for free.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
December 23, 2017, 08:18:59 PM
you can save a lot of $$$ just running any ubuntu machine, without paying crazy monthly fees. and everything thats in hive you can setup by yourself (all docs are online)
Yes, everybody can do that if you are good linux admin and web developer and have months of free time and will to do this)
Hive is not just ubuntu which is sure for free, even you can take my distro and use some scripts from it, it's open. But it's a service in the first place. I have quite a lot of customers which were trying to do their own stats with Zabbix, custom made web scripts, etc. Now they are Hive clients) And every time you will want to add some feature to your own setup you will spend time again and again to do the task which is just in the box of Hive already.

no need to be good linux admin, all you need is proper use of google search. except wallet sync there's no processes that can take significant amount of time. if you can not add features to your rig, how you can be 100% sure its secured? Cool the only way is to build by yourself. and you will never learn to do that with hive? hive might be good for huge farms. but if you running a huge farm and don't know how to configure your miner - dude you probably should stop before somebody got everything)

So man do it yourself and stop this bullshit. Rent a server, create your custom Ubuntu linux miner system and after 2 or 3 month come back here.

Did you try it at least?

Time is coins so if you want to do it yourself do it. HiveOS allow me to install any rig in less than 5 minutes with auto-configuration and mining strait away.

you don't need 2-3 months man, one night tops to build custom ubuntu/debian. no rent is necessary if all the toys will be on free heroku node. how fast you will clone os image on all your rigs depends on their amount.

the only two things i didn't tried yet is hive and ethos. trust issues  Cool
tried claymore once a year ago - don't think its relevant if you building custom miner
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 23, 2017, 07:53:35 PM
"Error sending stats
CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT (28) Operation timeout. The specified time-out period was reached according to the conditions."
Here is some screenshots as proof.

you are pinging nanopool... not hive
check this please
http://forum.hiveos.farm/discussion/15/rig-is-offline

What i did to resolve this matter was reset internet modem and in this way, that matter got solved. I must to say that i don't have such problem with LAN cable connection.
While i faced to this problem for several times, i'll ping hiveos and report the result here.
Activity: 577
Merit: 27
December 23, 2017, 07:46:02 PM
"Error sending stats
CURLE_OPERATION_TIMEDOUT (28) Operation timeout. The specified time-out period was reached according to the conditions."

you are pinging nanopool... not hive
check this please
http://forum.hiveos.farm/discussion/15/rig-is-offline
Activity: 28
December 23, 2017, 07:44:22 PM
There is a strange problem. I'll lose connection around 1 or 2 hours after start mining. During this matter, my internet was connected and there was not even 1 timeout ping time!
I'm using wifi and cryptonote amd 11.0 as miner program.

"Error sending stats

Ping time
https://screenshots.firefox.com/nLkgoLeHy5PA3pvL/null

Monitor section
https://s.nimbus.everhelper.me/share/1336893/lhliv2lai1k4011ir4hc

Miner command (it's show the Rig works yet!)
https://screenshots.firefox.com/rMWtKKVqYdY28N5y/192.168.8.100

Need your help!  Huh
December 23, 2017, 05:46:07 PM
Ok folks, here is the recent major feature on the web.

Trusted Account and Access Levels explained on the video.
Give me a comment on youtube are you ok to listen to my english.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm5BoBeSkvQ

And a proof that wifi is working... If yours does not, i can do nothing, sorry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6vBRuGMNR8

If somebody is not subscribed yet to the Youtube channel, please do it right now!) All future videos will have English version, I promise. Well, most of)
https://www.youtube.com/hiveos
December 23, 2017, 05:41:44 PM

Thanks man for your job.
I like the rig.conf system, allow me to send it to my friend and manage the ring in 10 minutes.

Can you Add on the next version the possibility to download all Bios in one time?

Thank you.

rig.conf actually is not what you want i think. Use new "trusted accounts" feature so you can ask your friend to add you as admin.

usually there are same cards on the rig so it's not a big impovement to get them all as they are usually the same.
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
December 23, 2017, 05:37:56 PM
0.5-13 2017-12-22
- dstm 0.5.7
- Claymore CryptoNote 11.0
- ccminer Gh/s bug prevented. Ccminer fails and begin to report giga hashes though it's not mining. Now hive agent inspects GPU load % and if it's 0 then it does not believe ccminer anymore and sets hashrate to 0.
- WiFi online status is checked with other service now, so no more delays at startup. Also that could cause not working WiFi after reboot, please check again if you had problems before. And this relates to systems with multiple network interfaces.
- Added AMD OC Mem State selection, some GPUs found to require this to undervolt
- AMD bios downloads have pretty names now like "vbios-0-RadeonRX470-4G--113-1E3471U_O69.rom"
- Added force option to AMD bios flashing
- OpenVPN now will accept client.conf with embedded certificates in one file
- Removed "127.0.0.1 cryptonight.usa.nicehash.com" from etc/hosts as Nicehash is back again
WatchdogInUa updated binary to support PWR command

Thanks man for your job.
I like the rig.conf system, allow me to send it to my friend and manage the ring in 10 minutes.

Can you Add on the next version the possibility to download all Bios in one time?
Activity: 171
Merit: 10
December 23, 2017, 05:33:19 PM

Did you try it at least?

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136
December 23, 2017, 04:15:05 PM
you can save a lot of $$$ just mining with any ubuntu machine, without paying crazy monthly fees. and everything thats in hive you can setup by yourself (all docs are online). besides that you have to at least learn basics.

Not sure how $3 a month is "crazy monthly fees".  For the time saved it seems kind of worth, especially if you have no experience with linux.  Personally I don't use it but it looks feature rich and regularly updated.
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
December 23, 2017, 03:56:34 PM

December 23, 2017, 03:37:43 PM
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
December 23, 2017, 03:28:23 PM
you can save a lot of $$$ just mining with any ubuntu machine, without paying crazy monthly fees. and everything thats in hive you can setup by yourself (all docs are online). besides that you have to at least learn basics.
December 23, 2017, 03:24:22 PM
Sometimes i see offline status on my RIG (telegram notification or so) but at that moment my RIG is connected to the internet connection and the internet connection got worked perfectly!
When i used "agent-screen" command i saw this message:
"Error sending stats

What's the matter?

Just what it said... Timeout with server connection. Some server mirrors are planed in future.
December 22, 2017, 04:28:20 PM
it doesn't help "ccminer exited, waiting to cooldown a bit"
try to downgrade, if you think that it's a version problem, but ccminer was not changed in any way with this release.
http://forum.hiveos.farm/discussion/42/version-downgrade
Activity: 9
December 22, 2017, 04:26:02 PM
it doesn't help "ccminer exited, waiting to cooldown a bit"
December 22, 2017, 04:18:27 PM
Alexis doesn't  works any more

upgrade overwrites files, sorry. put it again there
Activity: 9
December 22, 2017, 04:17:33 PM
Alexis doesn't  works any more
December 22, 2017, 01:35:23 PM
0.5-13 2017-12-22
- dstm 0.5.7
- Claymore CryptoNote 11.0
- ccminer Gh/s bug prevented. Ccminer fails and begin to report giga hashes though it's not mining. Now hive agent inspects GPU load % and if it's 0 then it does not believe ccminer anymore and sets hashrate to 0.
- WiFi online status is checked with other service now, so no more delays at startup. Also that could cause not working WiFi after reboot, please check again if you had problems before. And this relates to systems with multiple network interfaces.
- Added AMD OC Mem State selection, some GPUs found to require this to undervolt
- AMD bios downloads have pretty names now like "vbios-0-RadeonRX470-4G--113-1E3471U_O69.rom"
- Added force option to AMD bios flashing
- OpenVPN now will accept client.conf with embedded certificates in one file
- Removed "127.0.0.1 cryptonight.usa.nicehash.com" from etc/hosts as Nicehash is back again
WatchdogInUa updated binary to support PWR command
Activity: 35
December 21, 2017, 04:57:34 PM
2 PandaPanda:
It's some rare problem. Though hardware watchdog would help in this situation.

I have 16 rigs running the same setup - Biostar H81S2 mainboard with 5 x Sapphire Nitro RX470 and 8GB ram.  Pretty normal miner's setup.  Not sure why i'd be having issues.  Is there a way to fix this?  Why is it that Windows can do a reboot when hash rate drops and everything works perfectly again?  This is the only issue that's stopping me from moving my farm to HiveOS.

It would also be nice if you could add email alerts if hash rate drops or miner goes offline, as well as adding GPU mining for XMR-Stak so we can mine monero with our GPUs.  Thanks again.
Jump to: