Author

Topic: Hiveon. №1 OS for mining - page 107. (Read 80519 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 111
FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET
December 27, 2017, 11:50:34 AM
I've ordered my first rig with 8x GTX 1060 3GB. My initial plan was to purchase ethOS and mine with it.
Would you recommend Hive OS instead? What are its pros vs. ethOS?
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
December 27, 2017, 09:48:48 AM
how to change date and time settings ?

Code:
timedatectl list-timezones
timedatectl set-timezone "new timezone"
Activity: 4
December 27, 2017, 08:32:29 AM
how to change date and time settings ?

Activity: 9
December 27, 2017, 07:56:32 AM
@dimafern

can you add in the rig settings page:

1. some note field

2. scheduler for miner and OC settings

3. different OC settings for each miner (or commands to run before start minning and after stop minning)

4. GPU and memory clock rates info
Activity: 34
December 26, 2017, 10:39:13 PM
I like this HiveOS a lot and it looks like it is more informative and have more miner program compared to SMOS.
It seems that it also consumes more power compared with Windows based OS.

I am running RX480.
Core : 1000 Mhz
Core State : 3
Memory : 1950 Mhz
Mem State : 1

CoreVoltage : 875

My GPU are all 1625 MHZ bootstrapped that works well in Windows. Must I undo the firmware hack for Hive OS under clocking to work well?
Activity: 118
December 26, 2017, 09:34:17 PM
Hello, can someone give me screen from CCMINER lyra2z wallet please ? I could not find working setup for miningpoolhub for more than 5 hours  Angry i want to mine Zcoin.
Manny thanks  Kiss

No answer ? Please, give me tip Smiley i really like this idea, but without Lyra2z XZC its seems useless for me Sad
Activity: 1
December 26, 2017, 04:32:32 PM
Hi, sorry that my first post is already a question, but i have to Smiley Already reading and learning a lot here, but now i have to ask.

I have one RIG with 2x RX580 and 2x GTX1080. Under Windows i have the Claymore Dual Miner with the AMDs to mine ETH and LBC. For the nvidias i habe the DSTM Miner for ZEC.
Is this also possible with HiveOS? As i have seen i assign the miner directly to the RIG, so i first see no option to assign more then one miner to one RIG and select the GPUs?

Or can a create virtual RIGs? EG: RIG1_AMD -> Dual Claymore Miner; RIG1_Nvidia -> DSTM Miner. But physically it would be one RIG, how can i "login" and assign it in this way? Or is it simply not possible?

Thx in advance
Activity: 28
December 26, 2017, 07:37:04 AM
In the Hiveos I just run Sgminer as a test to see how it works for Cryptonight algorithm but i found this error "Failed to read sgminer-gm from localhost:4028". what's wrong?
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
December 25, 2017, 09:37:04 PM
Awaiting dev team response to my accusation.
December 25, 2017, 05:16:31 PM
Can you clarify if there is a HIDDEN 5% DEVFEE in Hive OS?
How you got it? any proof?
December 25, 2017, 02:43:05 PM
Can you clarify if there is a HIDDEN 5% DEVFEE in Hive OS?
December 25, 2017, 09:21:54 AM
Another problem.
I don't have hardware watchdog but hiveos do reboot my rig perfectly on problems like "GPU Hang", but the matter is sometimes after reboot the miner does not "auto start" and i should run "miner start" command to run it manually ... what's wrong?

Any idea?
Activity: 84
December 25, 2017, 04:52:24 AM
you can save a lot of $$$ just running any ubuntu machine, without paying crazy monthly fees. and everything thats in hive you can setup by yourself (all docs are online)
At first it's not "a lot of $$$".
Yes, everybody can do that if you are good linux admin and web developer and have months of free time and will to do this)
Hive is not just ubuntu which is sure for free, even you can take my distro and use some scripts from it, it's open. But it's a service in the first place. I have quite a lot of customers which were trying to do their own stats with Zabbix, custom made web scripts, etc. Now they are Hive clients) And every time you will want to add some feature to your own setup you will spend time again and again to do the task which is just in the box of Hive already.

no need to be good linux admin, all you need is proper use of google search. except wallet sync there's no processes that can take significant amount of time. if you can not add features to your rig, how you can be 100% sure its secured? Cool the only way is to build by yourself. and you will never learn to do that with hive? hive might be good for huge farms. but if you running a huge farm and don't know how to configure your miner - dude you probably should stop before somebody got everything)

So man do it yourself and stop this bullshit. Rent a server, create your custom Ubuntu linux miner system and after 2 or 3 month come back here.

Pretty sure you are using claymore.

Did you try it at least?

Time is coins so if you want to do it yourself do it. HiveOS allow me to install any rig in less than 5 minutes with auto-configuration and mining strait away.

And please create your linux system, you can find everything on google.

you don't need 2-3 months man, one night tops to build custom ubuntu/debian. no rent is necessary if all the toys will be on free heroku node. how fast you will clone os image on all your rigs depends on their amount.

the only two things i didn't tried yet is hive and ethos. trust issues  Cool
tried claymore once a year ago - don't think its relevant if you building custom miner

That's all fine and well but can you stop beating your drum? We get the point! This thread is clearly about HiveOS and there's no point continually slagging it off here.

It's like going to a furniture shop and standing around telling people not to buy something because there's a hardware store down the road for tools and they can go to the forest, pick their own tree, cut it down, mill it and make something much better themselves. Ok some might have the time and motivation to do that but others just want a table, now, thanks.

Hell start your own thread about how to roll your own linux os and monitor it for free.

sounds like you never been in hardware store)) you know that you need to pay there as well? i thought maybe im missing something, maybe the price is somehow justified - but its just a shitty negative from you so far

Dude knock it off! what's your deal? you shared your points and it's time to stop being an ahole
Activity: 349
Merit: 102
December 24, 2017, 08:45:05 PM
you can save a lot of $$$ just running any ubuntu machine, without paying crazy monthly fees. and everything thats in hive you can setup by yourself (all docs are online)
Yes, everybody can do that if you are good linux admin and web developer and have months of free time and will to do this)
Hive is not just ubuntu which is sure for free, even you can take my distro and use some scripts from it, it's open. But it's a service in the first place. I have quite a lot of customers which were trying to do their own stats with Zabbix, custom made web scripts, etc. Now they are Hive clients) And every time you will want to add some feature to your own setup you will spend time again and again to do the task which is just in the box of Hive already.

no need to be good linux admin, all you need is proper use of google search. except wallet sync there's no processes that can take significant amount of time. if you can not add features to your rig, how you can be 100% sure its secured? Cool the only way is to build by yourself. and you will never learn to do that with hive? hive might be good for huge farms. but if you running a huge farm and don't know how to configure your miner - dude you probably should stop before somebody got everything)

So man do it yourself and stop this bullshit. Rent a server, create your custom Ubuntu linux miner system and after 2 or 3 month come back here.

Did you try it at least?

Time is coins so if you want to do it yourself do it. HiveOS allow me to install any rig in less than 5 minutes with auto-configuration and mining strait away.

you don't need 2-3 months man, one night tops to build custom ubuntu/debian. no rent is necessary if all the toys will be on free heroku node. how fast you will clone os image on all your rigs depends on their amount.

tried claymore once a year ago - don't think its relevant if you building custom miner

That's all fine and well but can you stop beating your drum? We get the point! This thread is clearly about HiveOS and there's no point continually slagging it off here.

It's like going to a furniture shop and standing around telling people not to buy something because there's a hardware store down the road for tools and they can go to the forest, pick their own tree, cut it down, mill it and make something much better themselves. Ok some might have the time and motivation to do that but others just want a table, now, thanks.
'
Hell start your own thread about how to roll your own linux os and monitor it for free.

sounds like you never been in hardware store)) you know that you need to pay there as well? i thought maybe im missing something, maybe the price is somehow justified - but its just a shitty negative from you so far

Ok I should've known better than trying to come up with some shitty analogy. Merry Christmas!
Activity: 1204
Merit: 220
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ
December 24, 2017, 08:24:06 PM

Did you try it at least?

Activity: 171
Merit: 10
December 24, 2017, 02:48:59 PM

Thanks man for your job.
I like the rig.conf system, allow me to send it to my friend and manage the ring in 10 minutes.

Can you Add on the next version the possibility to download all Bios in one time?

Thank you.

rig.conf actually is not what you want i think. Use new "trusted accounts" feature so you can ask your friend to add you as admin.

usually there are same cards on the rig so it's not a big impovement to get them all as they are usually the same.

For the rig.conf: If I have 5 friends whow ask me to add me as "trusted accounts" you will ban my account no? My friends are not really It guys so I help them to build the rig (using skype) and then i configure the rig on my account. After DL the bios / mod them and configure everything.

And I would love to use my Nano edge S as 2FA if you can add it !
Activity: 5
December 24, 2017, 02:05:50 PM
I'm loosing the battle running RX cards under Hive or SmOS, works well in windows, but gives me nothing but trouble under Linux.
Any ideas/help will be greatly appreciated.
Most of the cards are getting to 300 Mhz mem and 300 Mhz Core and are staying there, if I attempt to fix via overclocking - it locks up.
Cards are BIOS patched and are working in Win10 flawlessly without any overclocking in OS.

Adapter 0: Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/580]
 Core: 300 MHz, Mem: 300 MHz, CoreOD: 0, MemOD: 0, Load: 100%, Temp: 37 C, Fan: 60%
 Core clocks: 300 613 994 1088 1150
 Memory Clocks: 300 1000 2050
Adapter 1: Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/580]
 Core: 300 MHz, Mem: 300 MHz, CoreOD: 0, MemOD: 0, Load: 100%, Temp: 37 C, Fan: 60%
Adapter 2: Ellesmere [Radeon RX 470/480/570/580]
 Core: 300 MHz, Mem: 300 MHz, CoreOD: 0, MemOD: 0, Load: 100%, Temp: 34 C, Fan: 60%
 Memory Clocks: 300 1000 2000
Adapter 3: Xeon E3-1200 v6/7th Gen Core Processor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers
 Core: 300 MHz, Mem: 2050 MHz, CoreOD: 0, MemOD: 0, Load: 0%, Temp: 51 C, Fan: 60%
Adapter 4: Xeon E3-1200 v6/7th Gen Core Processor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers
 Core: 1150 MHz, Mem: 2000 MHz, CoreOD: 0, MemOD: 0, Load: 100%, Temp: 62 C, Fan: 60%
 Memory Clocks: 300 1000 2000
Adapter 5: Xeon E3-1200 v6/7th Gen Core Processor Host Bridge/DRAM Registers
 Core: 1150 MHz, Mem: 2050 MHz, CoreOD: 0, MemOD: 0, Load: 100%, Temp: 52 C, Fan: 60%
December 24, 2017, 09:26:43 AM
Another problem.
I don't have hardware watchdog but hiveos do reboot my rig perfectly on problems like "GPU Hang", but the matter is sometimes after reboot the miner does not "auto start" and i should run "miner start" command to run it manually ... what's wrong?
Activity: 118
December 23, 2017, 11:02:34 PM
Hello, can someone give me screen from CCMINER lyra2z wallet please ? I could not find working setup for miningpoolhub for more than 5 hours  Angry i want to mine Zcoin.
Manny thanks  Kiss
Jump to: