Author

Topic: Hiveon. №1 OS for mining - page 111. (Read 80519 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
December 16, 2017, 02:45:04 PM
My GPU does not have any video output ports as they are mining version and I need to connect via onboard VGA. The matter is that when it'll show "Started hiveos" after that I'll only see a blink "_" and nothing more! what's wrong?
There might be driver conflict to start graphics interface.
During boot, you might see IP address, try to access it with SSH or VNC.

I did unattached all my mining cards and only connected via onboard VGA and after this solution, i saw Hiveos console and it asked me for "RIG ID". Let me test your solution. I'll write my answer here.
Thanks

Once you see it ask for your rig id you just need to go online to hiveos.farm and signup, then create a rig and it'll give you an id number and password to enter on your rig.
There is a video on that same website

I see but the matter was about to use Hiveos on a Rig which has onboard vag and the mining VGA does not have video out put and on this way we should run it for first time with out any mining vga and after va full setup we can attach cards and use only via ssh or remote software because it'll not be able to show on a monitor while onboard vga and mining vga are active on a same Rig.
It would be great if Hiveos developers can fix this matter.
Activity: 7
December 16, 2017, 09:07:34 AM
My GPU does not have any video output ports as they are mining version and I need to connect via onboard VGA. The matter is that when it'll show "Started hiveos" after that I'll only see a blink "_" and nothing more! what's wrong?

I did unattached all my mining cards and only connected via onboard VGA and after this solution, i saw Hiveos console and it asked me for "RIG ID". Let me test your solution. I'll write my answer here.
Thanks

Once you see it ask for your rig id you just need to go online to hiveos.farm and signup, then create a rig and it'll give you an id number and password to enter on your rig.
There is a video on that same website
December 16, 2017, 06:05:15 AM

Thanks
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
December 15, 2017, 11:13:44 PM
I honestly need to sit down and give this a try

It looks really nice
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
December 15, 2017, 10:45:23 PM
Awesome app so far...

eth_pool Config help

Could you post a same setup for a wallet with eth_pool this is a sample from command line.

EthDcrMiner64.exe -epool http://10.0.0.2:8081/barn5

barn5 is the rig name.

Also, any interest in developing an optimizer like benchmark app on installed.   And how about an auto switcher function for most profitable?

Thanks
Activity: 7
December 15, 2017, 10:19:11 PM
Hi, just started using the OS. I havent used any of the other mining distros before just ran my own ubuntu installations. But so far I really like what you're offering here, has a lot of good features. Still testing for now..
One question though, any chance of supporting Lyra2z on AMD. I see its in ccminer but not available under sg-miner?
Cheers
Activity: 577
Merit: 27
December 15, 2017, 06:58:11 PM
There might be driver conflict to start graphic interface.
During boot you might see IP address, try to access it with SSH or VNC.
December 15, 2017, 06:43:37 PM
My GPU does not have any video output ports as they are mining version and I need to connect via onboard VGA. The matter is that when it'll show "Started Hive" after that I'll only see a blink "_" and nothing more! what's wrong?
Activity: 231
December 15, 2017, 11:05:11 AM
thank you man.
December 15, 2017, 11:00:33 AM
Compatible 280x and 7900 series or no?
Nope. Different drivers required. Though some people have succeeded to reinstall them.
Activity: 231
December 15, 2017, 10:59:12 AM
Compatible 280x and 7900 series or no?
Activity: 290
Merit: 250
December 15, 2017, 10:15:43 AM
Hi
Please add xmr stak amd v2 in os Wink
Very thanks
December 14, 2017, 12:32:10 PM
Hive os does not boot from my flash drive... because of a kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (0.0).
My motherboard is MSI z170a gaming pro carbon.
Common booting problems are described here: http://forum.hiveos.farm/discussion/6/booting-problems
Activity: 15
December 14, 2017, 12:23:52 PM
Hive os does not boot from my flash drive... because of a kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on unknown-block (0.0).

My motherboard is MSI z170a gaming pro carbon.

legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
December 14, 2017, 09:52:52 AM
Always nice to see sleek OS being made.  Thanks for making it free for home miners, im sure a lot of people will appreciate, although with a small number of rigs you could just put win10 on it.  But ill test this out soon, looks good.
Activity: 50
December 14, 2017, 08:22:07 AM
I found one small feature is missing; "Profiles". It'd be awesome to have profiling feature so we can create different profiles which is technically a mixture of a wallet, miner program, and if possible overclocking settings.

Awesome idea!
December 14, 2017, 08:17:03 AM
After last night server maintenance I am unable to access the website from home/office. It's very odd that I can reach the website via phone LTE or Proxy on my laptop. What could be the reason? Cloudflare blocking me?
i'm not using cloudflare, don't think you are blocked. that's strange. try to ping, try your laptop with other wifi.
Activity: 84
December 14, 2017, 12:20:09 AM
I was checking it out last night. Pretty tempting to try. looks sleek and intuitive. I found one small feature is missing; "Profiles". It'd be awesome to have profiling feature so we can create different profiles which is technically a mixture of a wallet, miner program, and if possible overclocking settings. It was always my dream to have these all together.

Like when you want to mine a coin which is core intensive, we just select the miners, select the profile (miner program, wallet, and overclock settings) and BOOM!

Anyhow, I am gonna try it out this weekend.

Btw, the website is down right now  Cry

OC profiles are in plans. Right now some other task in priority. Though you can count on that in a month or so.

There was server hardware upgrade so it's down for a while. Please follow Telegram channel or Facebook group for live announcements.

Looking forward!

After last night server maintenance I am unable to access the website from home/office. It's very odd that I can reach the website via phone LTE or Proxy on my laptop. What could be the reason? Cloudflare blocking me?
December 13, 2017, 10:03:56 PM
I was checking it out last night. Pretty tempting to try. looks sleek and intuitive. I found one small feature is missing; "Profiles". It'd be awesome to have profiling feature so we can create different profiles which is technically a mixture of a wallet, miner program, and if possible overclocking settings. It was always my dream to have these all together.

Like when you want to mine a coin which is core intensive, we just select the miners, select the profile (miner program, wallet, and overclock settings) and BOOM!

OC profiles are in plans. Right now some other task in priority. Though you can count on that in a month or so.

There was server hardware upgrade so it's down for a while. Please follow Telegram channel or Facebook group for live announcements.
Activity: 84
December 13, 2017, 10:00:33 PM

Jump to: