Pages:
Author

Topic: Hiveon. №1 OS for mining - page 17. (Read 80583 times)

Activity: 251
Merit: 4
February 04, 2021, 05:50:19 AM

#update
disabled dhcp on the repeater, now all fine.
You can enable DoH (DNS-over-HTTPS) feature in worker settings. It will enable resolving DNS via Google, CloudFlare, AliDNS services.
February 04, 2021, 05:08:03 AM
I need a sincere answer about this hive OS

1. Can I flash bios in hiveOS without any third-party interference?
Flashing BIOS can be done via Hive OS web GUI.
For BIOS  modding you should use tools such like Red BIOS Editor, Polaris BIOS Editor and so on which exits only as Wndows executable.

2. Is there a windows software version for Hive? Instead of running OS that's on Linux I prefer mining on windows software, more easier for beginners I believe
Version for Windows appeared as Beta in middle of 2018 but now it's totally obsolete and not supported.
Currently only on Linux.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
February 02, 2021, 08:08:12 PM
Do you guys have any idea how to control my "corsair PSU hx1200i platinum"?
This PSU fan isn't automatically spinning and now it's hot how can monitor and control this PSU on hiveOS?

I can remotely adjust the fan speed of this PSU on windows OS but I can't do anything on HiveOS.
Activity: 420
Merit: 13
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
February 02, 2021, 06:18:25 AM
I need a sincere answer about this hive OS

1. Can I flash bios in hiveOS without any third-party interference?
2. Is there a windows software version for Hive? Instead of running OS that's on Linux I prefer mining on windows software, more easier for beginners I believe
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
February 02, 2021, 06:13:49 AM
Hello,

I moved the rig to another location, where I can feed the net only via a wifi repeater in bridge mode. I have access to the rig, I can modify anything under hiveos but can not connect to the pool. I can also ping the pool.

Teamredminer:
[2021-02-02 11:07:19] Pool eu-eth.hiveon.net connecting to address 0.0.0.0.                                                                                                                                                                                                                
[2021-02-02 11:07:19] Pool eu-eth.hiveon.net failed to connect to address 0.0.0.0.
[2021-02-02 11:07:19] Pool eu-eth.hiveon.net failed to connect.

Tried phoenixminer too, it also can't connect to the pool.

Does anyone has an idea why? Earlier, when I connected wired to the net all went fine, rig was mining.

#update
disabled dhcp on the repeater, now all fine.
Activity: 1
January 30, 2021, 04:46:13 AM
MB: MSI B450-A Pro Max
GPU's: 4x RX580
CPU: 2200G/2600X
HiveOS version: 0.6-195@210127

Hey guys, I've just set up my third rig, and have encountered an issue with running it with the onboard graphics on my 2200G, the system runs fine when plugging into the GPU but I can't get it to output an image when connected to the onboard graphics.

I also encounter an issue when running the OS (through the GPU display output), where it picks up the four cards, but only one will have a load while the other three don't have any load on them - none have any memory load on them. and the Website and phone app show the rig as offline.

I've tried replacing the risers as I have spares, and have tried changing the PCIE slots the risers are plugged into and I have tried the GPUs in my other rigs so know they work for sure, but I've had no luck getting this rig up and running, any advise or anything I can try out to fix this?

Much appreciated,
YT
Activity: 12
January 28, 2021, 07:58:09 AM
anyone encountered GPU fault detected: 146? got this after upgrading to the latest version from latest ISO([email protected]) version.
rig is still mining, even with that error, using Phoenixminer 5.5c, tried a backup USB drive with latest hive ISO and the error was gone.

gpus: rx570 8gb

pic not mine
https://forum.hiveos.farm/uploads/default/original/2X/1/1c8f5c76cdbbfd8b06e346f3254b69f79968ea05.jpeg
Activity: 577
Merit: 27
January 27, 2021, 08:51:24 PM
0.6-195@210127 🐧

What's new?

SYSTEM 🖥
⚙️ Updated some system tools for AMD GPUs (amdmeminfo to v2.1.5 and amdmemtweak to v0.1.9.3-hiveos - added IDs for some Radeon Pro / FirePro GPUs)
⚙️ Fixed PCI ID database (abbreviated some long names)

MINERS👷‍♂️
GMiner v2.44 (improved compatibility with Ethash pools; improved handling of device freezing; improved auto-tuning; added two kernels for Ethash, miner support 5 kernels for Nvidia GPUs, miner automatically select optimal kernel, also you can select specific kernel by --oc, see miner manual for details)
January 27, 2021, 06:07:45 PM
0.6-194@210126 🐧

What's new?

SYSTEM 🖥
⚙️ Improved OC/UV for AMD Vega10 family GPUs (removed dependency from 'Aggressive mode' switch; fixed accuracy when setting HBM voltage value)
⚙️ Updated PCI ID database (updated to version of 2021.01.11; changed some TM to pretty names)

MINERS👷‍♂️
T-Rex v0.19.9 (added option dag-build-mode to fine tune DAG build mode, mostly to help with various stability issues, see miner manual for details; fixed stability regression for Pascal GPUs on ethash, kawpow, octopus; fixed summary report for displaying mining pool difficulty that isn't always updated; cosmetic changes: improve error descriptions, display block number when mining solo at some pools)
lolMiner v1.20 (added new split & dual mining options - this allows more freedom or better latency and stability on ETH+ZIL dual mining as well as split mining, i.e. let some cards mine ETH while other (3 and 4G) cards mine ETC; significantly improved Ethash mining speed on R9 390 and Etchash speed on R9 290; fixed a bug with 4G cards crash on mining ETC when trying to falsely enter zombie-tune; fixed "Address already in use" API bug)
XMRig v6.8.0 (added DMI/SMBIOS reader; improved MSR subsystem code quality)
PhoenixMiner v5.5c (added new -mcdag parameter to reset the memory overclock on Nvidia cards during DAG generation, default the value is 0, which means turned off; option -tt is now strictly for controlling the fan behaviour: E.g. -tt 60 sets auto-fan speed with target temperature 60C; -tt -70 sets fixed fan speed 70%; and -tt 0 turns off the fan control; new -hwm parameter that allows controlling the frequency of the hardware monitoring, which was also done by -tt in the previous versions of PhoenixMiner; other small improvements and fixes)
Activity: 31
January 27, 2021, 10:25:13 AM
HiveOS give no conneciton error on web page and ios application lately.
We have this proble for one month from time to time.
Why dont you fix it ?
We cannot access to our rigs.

Have the same errors, it's really annoying ...
Activity: 47
Merit: 3
January 27, 2021, 10:13:32 AM
HiveOS give no conneciton error on web page and ios application lately.
We have this proble for one month from time to time.
Why dont you fix it ?
We cannot access to our rigs.
Activity: 162
Merit: 102
January 24, 2021, 05:33:47 PM
can we get the new drivers too?
so we can use large single allocation for B mode on NAVI
Latest Stable Image has AMD OpenCL 20.40 and previous Stable Image 20.30 - both allow single allocation.
Latest Stable you can download from web site - https://hiveos.farm/install/
or you can replace by hive-replace tool (from ssh/Hive Shell console, see available options: hive-replace -h)

thx i was wondering
i just loaded up a random distro and have been shluping it up without the creature comforts of a mining OS
maybe i should check their package manager before i switch
January 24, 2021, 05:33:24 AM
Latest Stable Image has AMD OpenCL 20.40 and previous Stable Image 20.30 - both allow single allocation.
Latest Stable you can download from web site - https://hiveos.farm/install/
or you can replace by hive-replace tool (from ssh/Hive Shell console, see available options: hive-replace -h)
Activity: 162
Merit: 102
January 22, 2021, 08:18:27 PM
0.6-193@210118 🐧 

What's new?

MINERS👷‍♂️
TeamRedMiner v0.8.0 (rewritten ethash kernels and new mining modes for all gpu types; Key features: Polaris reintroduced B-mode: power efficiency and slight hashrate increase. B-mode must be enabled with --eth_aggr_mode or --eth_config=Bxxx; Vega 56/64: greatly improved base kernel for efficiency. New B-mode that can shave off additional 1-2W on top of the A-mode kernel. B-mode must be enabled manually with --eth_config; Radeon VII: huge boost with its new C-mode but requires a special Linux setup. Can now do 100 MH/s; 5700/5700XT: can shave off as much as 8-9W(!) of power using the new B-mode and dropping core clk+voltage. B-mode now the default mining mode; 5600XT: new B-mode has a much smaller effect. A-mode remains the default mining mode; DAG cache is NOT compatible with the new B/C-modes. ETH+ZIL switchers have to choose between caching the epoch 0 dag and using the new mining modes; users are highly recommended to take a few minutes to read the 0.7-to-0.8 migration guide (https://bit.ly/35SLIu2)  and the new ethash tuning guide (https://bit.ly/3bQAv0E); ethash 4GB kernels NOT rewritten)
Folding@Home Client v7.6.12 (removed unnecessary debian deps on bzip2 and zlib1g; fixed GPU slot initialization problem; fixed start up failure when OpenCL is not present; fixed GPU allocation)
⚙️ TT-Miner: fixed config generation for PROGPOW092 algo

DrX
Activity: 233
Merit: 20
January 20, 2021, 03:52:17 AM
So did anyone else's farms go offline today around 7pm Eastern Standard Time?
It was still using power, but HiveOS said that everything was offline. Weird.

Not sure if the HiveOs servers were down, i have these cuts on my hash rate, there was 1hr cut about 24h ago.
I think it still continues to mine..

Thanks for your response. Yeah it lasted about an hour. Between 7pm and 8pm EST of January the 15th.
I just noticed that all of my machines were marked offline but I was still able to shell into them during this time and everything appeared to be mining still. I didn't take any chances in case there was a hack or something (like happened to Nicehash several years ago) so I  stopped the mining process leaving the machines running.
It sounds like you were effected too the only difference is that you continued to mine to their pool and probably won't get paid for it if it's showing the 1 hour cut to your hash rate. I stopped almost immediately after noticing it.

I'm not using their pool, i'm mining to miningpoolhub and didn't see any difference in the hashrate there but i'm not sure if MPH registers 1hr cut or does it has to be longer to be noticed there.
Would be nice that the @OP could comment?
My friend had same cut at same time.

There was again 15min cut 10 mins ago

Ok, asked on the HiveOs site chat and they answered that its know statics problem only, doesn't effect mining.
January 19, 2021, 07:47:18 PM
Wonder if other vega owners are facing similar issues or am I the only one.

Moved to raveos, my hash is back where it was.
GG.

update: got more hash as amdmemtweak now also works

Once again I made sure that you are definitely doing something wrong.
I have a hynix, with a higher hashrate and less consumption than yours.
January 19, 2021, 07:37:41 PM
0.6-193@210118 🐧 

What's new?

MINERS👷‍♂️
TeamRedMiner v0.8.0 (rewritten ethash kernels and new mining modes for all gpu types; Key features: Polaris reintroduced B-mode: power efficiency and slight hashrate increase. B-mode must be enabled with --eth_aggr_mode or --eth_config=Bxxx; Vega 56/64: greatly improved base kernel for efficiency. New B-mode that can shave off additional 1-2W on top of the A-mode kernel. B-mode must be enabled manually with --eth_config; Radeon VII: huge boost with its new C-mode but requires a special Linux setup. Can now do 100 MH/s; 5700/5700XT: can shave off as much as 8-9W(!) of power using the new B-mode and dropping core clk+voltage. B-mode now the default mining mode; 5600XT: new B-mode has a much smaller effect. A-mode remains the default mining mode; DAG cache is NOT compatible with the new B/C-modes. ETH+ZIL switchers have to choose between caching the epoch 0 dag and using the new mining modes; users are highly recommended to take a few minutes to read the 0.7-to-0.8 migration guide (https://bit.ly/35SLIu2)  and the new ethash tuning guide (https://bit.ly/3bQAv0E); ethash 4GB kernels NOT rewritten)
Folding@Home Client v7.6.12 (removed unnecessary debian deps on bzip2 and zlib1g; fixed GPU slot initialization problem; fixed start up failure when OpenCL is not present; fixed GPU allocation)
⚙️ TT-Miner: fixed config generation for PROGPOW092 algo
Activity: 29
January 19, 2021, 01:17:13 PM
can we manaul update miner? need to try new teamredminer  Cheesy

Update is already available just click the upgrade button.
Activity: 14
January 19, 2021, 12:17:36 AM
can we manaul update miner? need to try new teamredminer  Cheesy
Activity: 20
January 18, 2021, 05:52:43 AM
Wonder if other vega owners are facing similar issues or am I the only one.

Moved to raveos, my hash is back where it was.
GG.

update: got more hash as amdmemtweak now also works
https://i.ibb.co/D7RNWjR/rave321.jpg
Pages:
Jump to: