Pages:
Author

Topic: Hoax is a hoax - page 3. (Read 2037 times)

legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
November 24, 2019, 06:03:34 PM
^^^ Get off your horse and walk it.     Cool
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
November 24, 2019, 06:00:26 PM
Get on your horse and take the world for a spin?
legendary
November 24, 2019, 05:55:48 PM
He thinks he's on a carnival ride travelling 66,600 MPH, spinning 1,000 MPH in an elliptical orbit around a 864,340 mile wide thermonuclear bomb while tilted at 66.6 degrees, and he says I'm mad?

I'm crazy? hello?

Well, even if you were mad, you wouldn't be mad at him. You'd be mad at all those scientists and engineers who won't let you prove that the earth is hollow.

Grin
legendary
November 24, 2019, 05:48:31 PM
He thinks he's on a carnival ride travelling 66,600 MPH, spinning 1,000 MPH in an elliptical orbit around a 864,340 mile wide thermonuclear bomb while tilted at 66.6 degrees, and he says I'm mad?

I'm crazy? hello?
legendary
November 24, 2019, 05:40:31 PM
Slow down, I'm struggling to keep up here.

Dinosaurs are a hoax. Some fossils are hoax, but the way the ones which aren't a hoax are created is a hoax. Planets are a hoax. Space is a hoax. Stars are a hoax. Am I correct?

Question to the group: Is notbatman a hoax? Can someone so monumentally disconnected from reality even be real? Answers on a postcard.

A real hoax?     Cheesy
legendary
November 24, 2019, 05:39:02 PM
The globe is a hoax, the earth doesn't move.

But there's all those concav(ish) valleys on moving globe earth?

Cool
legendary
November 24, 2019, 05:29:04 PM
The globe is a hoax, the earth doesn't move.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18586
November 24, 2019, 03:43:23 PM
Slow down, I'm struggling to keep up here.

Dinosaurs are a hoax. Some fossils are hoax, but the way the ones which aren't a hoax are created is a hoax. Planets are a hoax. Space is a hoax. Stars are a hoax. Am I correct?

Question to the group: Is notbatman a hoax? Can someone so monumentally disconnected from reality even be real? Answers on a postcard.

legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3041
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
November 24, 2019, 03:32:50 PM
So are fossils created by the devil in order to (literally) fuel his gasoline habit?
Actually, it's worse even than that:

Quote from: YseultCeirw
Fairly certain that crude oil is a genuine eldritch horror.

• lied in wait in the Earth's crust for literally millions of years
  • made from the dead bodies of creatures nobody in recorded history has ever seen alive
  • almost immediately granted us advanced technology
  • naturally occurring, yet has a scent incomparable to any other natural substance
  • pitch black liquid
  • kills anything it touches
  • using it to make anything kills everything it DOESN'T touch, but very slowly
  • inexplicably addictive to the money-poisoned
  • Is the cause of the mass extinction event we're currently experiencing, and that 95% of people are completely unaware of or outright deny.
legendary
November 24, 2019, 02:20:57 PM
@DaftAjax the earth is flat, motionless and covered by a dome; outer space is a hoax. NASA is a propaganda agency, their planets are a hoax, just paintings and CGI, the real objects in the sky are just wandering stars; small bits of electrical plasma above us. Space alien colonies are a hoax.

@styca organic material can be tuned to stone (fossilized) rapidly in an energetic hydrolyzed process; lime can be made from ash and water for example.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
November 24, 2019, 01:50:43 PM
Most fossils are real but they're created rapidly like concrete; the devil is in the details. The devil is also into gasoline but that's another argument.
So are fossils created by the devil in order to (literally) fuel his gasoline habit? Or did God create them? Or are they a waste product of the concrete industry? Or are they created naturally over a period of time by the replacement of organic matter with minerals?

Actually scratch that last one, it's clearly ridiculous. Roll Eyes

Being serious for a moment, yes, actually some fossils are created rapidly - it depends in part on the size of the organism being fossilised - very small stuff can become fossilised in mere weeks. So the process doesn't have to violate the creationist world-is-a-couple-of-thousand-years-old argument.
Activity: 532
Merit: 284
November 24, 2019, 12:15:00 PM
^^^^

BADecker and nobatman: Questions the accuracy of Carbon dating... Questions the Earth's existence 5M years ago... Questions the existence of dinosaurs... Questions the evolution...
also BADecker and nobatman: Does not question the existence and validity of God.

When you put it that way, I guess "cultures" and "traditions" are hoaxes as well. Well, you know I don't know how old these things are, or how it came to be in just 10, 000 years of existence. Oh, I almost forgot, the Pyramids and Stone Henge are hoaxes as well. Well, you know, few "stupid" people just "perfectly" planned, aligned, and built it, no big deal.

This just came to mind: if I want to believe that it's only been 10, 000 years since we are here on Earth, then we must be a "colony" from another planet or from a superior civilization (where the so-called God resides). I wonder why they didn't teach us everything, Oh! That's the "apple" right?  Grin
legendary
November 24, 2019, 10:40:24 AM

Tree rings are the joke in climatology, but I think they'd be fine for establishing average compositions of C14 for various years in the past. On a regional basis.

If we only knew for a fact that tree rings were an accurate representation of the past.

Cool
legendary
November 24, 2019, 10:36:15 AM
@styca, yes dinosaurs are a hoax.
If fossils are a hoax, is gasoline a hoax too? What about plastic?

1. The comment is not directed at you.
2. I said "dinosaurs are a hoax".
3. You said "fossils are a hoax".

Prepare your brain cell, concept incoming...

Some fossils (dinosaurs) are a hoax.

Keyword "some".

...?

Most fossils are real but they're created rapidly like concrete; the devil is in the details. The devil is also into gasoline but that's another argument.
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
November 24, 2019, 08:32:26 AM
I've seen a lot of "Evolution/Vaccination/ISIS/Global warming/XXX is a hoax" threads, so I came to conclution that we need a more generic one.

Dear antivaxxers, feel free to comment this chart:

Ah, so this is where your laughably ignorant 'chart reading' thing came from.  The one which I smacked down hard on another thread specific to vaccines.

(Teaser:  The guy is showing that two basically straight lines look like one another.  Yeah, no shit.  If he had any intellectual curiosity he would muse about the minor squigle, but he doesn't.  Corp/gov tells him how he should think about vaccines so for some reason he wants everyone else to do the same.  Insecurity I suppose.)

Anyway, why do you need to call up phony straw men about things which nobody believes?  If you have a disagreement about vaccines, or instance, state your case about vaccines.  Calling up some 'margarine of 'flat earth' or whatever straw-man shows that you've got nothing.

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18586
November 24, 2019, 07:08:08 AM
If fossils are a hoax, is gasoline a hoax too? What about plastic?
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386
November 23, 2019, 09:49:35 PM
If there wasn't any C-14 in the atmosphere back beyond 5,000 years ago
There was.

There are indications that there wasn't anything other than a hint of C-14 in the atmosphere back then.
Only if you believe Answers in Genesis or some similar creationist nonsense. All the actual evidence points to carbon 14 production rates being higher 5,000 years ago than they are today.

Hey, man. Just got back from shopping. But I can't wait to hear the method you used. What was it? Time machine? Simple time viewer; and how did you take the samples back then? Revived a cave scientists frozen in the ice from 5,000 years ago? Ancient aliens? Bible-like books or clay tablets from back then?

Now don't disapoint me with some hogwash circular evidence that says that because we know that there was C-14 back then, that the reliability of carbon-dating shows us exactly how much C-14 there was.

Cool

Are you saying that the chemistry of C-14 was different 5000 years ago?  Electrons behaved differently, filled different configurations, beta decay was occurring at different rates, weak forces were different?

If weak forces were not the same, all known chemistry would not work and you would have no life as observed today (or 5000, or 5M years ago).

I suppose that is possible, but I was referring to the idea that we don't know how much if any C-14 was in the atmosphere back 5000 years ago... like I sorta posted, and you sorta quoted.

Cool

Isn't carbon dating calibrated using things like tree rings to make sure we start with the correct initial content of C14?

If you want to question carbon dating you have to question the actual decay rates, but that will get you nowhere fast.

Tree rings are the joke in climatology, but I think they'd be fine for establishing average compositions of C14 for various years in the past. On a regional basis.
legendary
November 23, 2019, 06:00:14 PM
T-Rex arms prove the dinosaur hoax.

Radiocarbon dating "accuracy" is a hoax.

legendary
November 23, 2019, 10:41:41 AM

What about the rest of it though? What about arms, ancestors, fossil fuels, the passage of time, and reality? Hoax or not?
Is this forum a hoax? Am I a hoax? Am I a person? My Wikipedia entry suggests that I'm actually a small coin minted in the 8th or 9th century. Are coins a hoax? Is the 8th century a hoax? How can we ever know? We've already established (sort of) that facts are a hoax and evidence is a hoax - right?

Please answer these important questions.

The answer is simple and easy. Everything is perfect to an exactness of zero imperfection. But, we aren't strong enough to see or understand the perfection... except by faith, perhaps.

Regarding what people see and understand, there are those who are more accurate than others.

Cool
Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
November 23, 2019, 10:12:05 AM

What about the rest of it though? What about arms, ancestors, fossil fuels, the passage of time, and reality? Hoax or not?
Is this forum a hoax? Am I a hoax? Am I a person? My Wikipedia entry suggests that I'm actually a small coin minted in the 8th or 9th century. Are coins a hoax? Is the 8th century a hoax? How can we ever know? We've already established (sort of) that facts are a hoax and evidence is a hoax - right?

Please answer these important questions.
Pages:
Jump to: