Pages:
Author

Topic: HODL is not advisable! - page 16. (Read 4434 times)

Activity: 260
Merit: 15
September 04, 2018, 05:01:15 PM
In my very own experienced there is no good outcome when you HODL too much.
First of all do you know what HODL means?

At some point I would agree with you, but that depends on what you HOLD and how you take your HODLING. I prefer holding prominent altcoins with good future potential, backed with real life use case.

Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.

I have been trading for a decade, and from what I have learnt, I would suggest to drop the idea of scalp trading, cause it might ruin your wealth.
Activity: 910
Merit: 260
September 04, 2018, 02:28:43 PM
The hold is important for your future growth and purposes. If you hold the coin you know the price information day by day. Then easy to manage the coin. So if the price will be increasing then sell. Next time it will go down. You know what time to buy and sell the coin. Time to acct and complete the work on time. You always have a plan every time. People hold the coin if price down. So people time to sell and time to buy it. The hold is important of your future saving and growth.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 273
September 04, 2018, 12:31:25 AM
You may have a point but I do not agree when you say that HODL is not advisable. HODL is proven effective by so many experienced crypto fanatics, even expert traders. So I guess HODL is advisable to a certain extent. To demonstrate it to you the importance of HODL, you may just take a look at the previous year. Take a look at Bitcoin, Ethereum, LiteCoin, and other solid coins.

If you are not very confident with day trading, just HODL.   
Activity: 448
Merit: 11
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
September 04, 2018, 12:20:28 AM
LoL both are beneficial and profitable, it comes always with the matter of coin/token types. if you don't have too much time to watch market then proceed to Hodling, if you can take your risk in trading that is also good. i used to trade in weekly airdrop coins because their market is more volatile than ICO, in short Scalp trading is good if you have more time in front of your screen.
Activity: 1344
Merit: 102
September 03, 2018, 11:58:20 PM
Well it's not advisable to hold a shit coin you will lost your money for sure, for me hodl is a one of strategy to earn profit so it depends to the coin that you hold if that is potential or not.
Activity: 529
Merit: 101
September 03, 2018, 11:18:32 PM
I don't agree with your all points. Some people don't research, they only follow what people say. HODL is not for everyone and it is not for forever. I am a trader too but still, I am hodling some coins. Because every coin is not good to trade! If you don't have enough time to trade or if you don't know how to trade well then yes holding is the good solution for you. Think about a Bitcoin holder, MTC holder and even recent Pundix and Arbitrafe (ARB) holder! They made the massive profit only by holding. So, It is necessary too. If you hold good coins like The bitcoin, Ethereum, ADA or NEO or other proved altcoins, then you will get profit one day. But Each loses in the trade won't recover! So, both are important in the crypto life. This is my personal opinion btw.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
September 03, 2018, 10:39:07 PM
HODL is used when referring to hold the cryptocurrency rather than selling it.
Holding cryptocurrency is no good because it means you don’t have a knowledge about trading, for me, you can do scalping trading and increase your holding by it and gain profit.
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.
You are not correct my friend.
If you had some loss due to HODLING some coins then it is your mistake that you didn't choose the correct coin to HODL upon. Profits can really be multiplied in huge amounts if we HODL the coin for long intervals but the coin should be potential and should have a good volume. If you are pretending to Hodl a low volume coin than probably it would loose its value as per time intervals and short term trading can be preferred in these kind of low volumr coins.
Coins like ETH, BTC, etc have the potential to multiply our profits if we pretend to hold them for long terms.
Activity: 101
Merit: 0
September 03, 2018, 09:41:30 PM
Why? not all coins are become badcoins,some coins are
needed to  wait a year,like bitcoin. So,much better to hodl some, let's say 70/30 u can sell 70% of your coins and hodl the 30% we don't know the coming year and the team of the project are hardly working on thier project:)
hey, I also like your strategy, maybe with this strategy you can trade a lot of assets in the market, because capital from this result can still buy assets again.
Activity: 101
September 03, 2018, 09:40:47 PM
I suggest that all in the Crypto community must learn the basic trading fundamentals. There are free tutorials anywhere. Don’t be lazy, think big.

Unfortunately not everyone wants to do trading and just prefer holding as they may be busy in real world. And even you think you're trading doesn't mean you're a real trader that really have this knowledge. And even profit will takes time in holding than trading we can be still be certain that it's worth the effort. Don't brag over your so called knowledge.
You might be right, but I'm also busy in the real world and can't afford to continue to see cryptocurrency prices in front of a computer and predict asset prices on the market every day every day
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
September 03, 2018, 04:38:09 PM
In order to earn on a crypto market you need knowledge. Of course, the easiest way to buy coins for HOLD. Because coins from the top 10 are good projects and most likely they will give a good profit in 1-2 years. So you can just buy any of them (and better bitcoin and ether) and this is guaranteed to bring profit.
With trade everything is completely different. It is not enough to trade in specific currencies, as this doesn't guarantee a profit. It is necessary to have knowledge, which will bring you profit.
Of course, most market participants don't want to waste their time and energy on training. But this is their own business. Who really wants to earn, he learns how to do it.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
September 03, 2018, 04:02:54 PM

HODL is hold on for dear life. The term's easy HODLING means not selling coins that we have even when the price's falling, so we have to be patient in investing long term. If you're the type of person who keeps following Bitcoin price movements, it's certainly not easy to be seduced by the FUD persuasion. In essence if you sell it now, other traders will definitely take our money.
Activity: 812
Merit: 260
September 03, 2018, 03:10:35 PM
You are absolutely right in my point of view. People are misusing the HODL  means! Most of the people suggest holding instead of trading! Where trading is very much better than hodl! I think most of the people will disagree with you, because everyone's minds set on hodl, they can't think bigger, can't take the risk! But if we think wisely, then everyone will realize how much money they lost by holding coins for long time. But if they take trading seriously and try to learn it properly, then I am sure they will forget HODLING!
Well, hodling depends on our current situation if we don't much of the time to do even short term trading then it is fine to do hodling in our life, but at some time hodling has some negative advantage too especially if we do have plan to get our investment in just a short period of time, what is best is to give ourselves time to make at least short trading.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
September 03, 2018, 02:51:11 PM
You are absolutely right in my point of view. People are misusing the HODL  means! Most of the people suggest holding instead of trading! Where trading is very much better than hodl! I think most of the people will disagree with you, because everyone's minds set on hodl, they can't think bigger, can't take the risk! But if we think wisely, then everyone will realize how much money they lost by holding coins for long time. But if they take trading seriously and try to learn it properly, then I am sure they will forget HODLING!
Activity: 602
Merit: 118
September 03, 2018, 01:24:07 PM
You might be right, because with HODL it cannot give a significant positive impact on cryptocurrency growth, except by making a purchase. But, HODL is also a good strategy, especially in dealing with a market situation that continues to decline.
Activity: 504
Merit: 127
Match365> be a part of 150BTC inviting bonus
September 03, 2018, 12:39:24 PM
I think you should look back at the past when bitcoin was only 20 usd and right now bitcoin is so much higher than 20 usd. Not advisable? Think twice.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
September 03, 2018, 12:25:37 PM
Hold for a newbies is very advisable due to they are on learning stage yet, But telling hold is not advisable, I think it is not a good idea. Because
most of the community who got earned here was because they hold some of their coins patiently. Particularly now is the right time to hold some
coins you have then if you have some capital to buy a potential coins were it got dumped then hold and wait til it rise up again.

The beginners should really better choose holding as here they do not risk. If you are the guy with a good experience, you can combine different activities and get the profit.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
September 02, 2018, 09:56:30 PM
Grin That shows the level at which a lot of newbies just want to get rich quickly in this market. Maybe they should ask what those who have been holding since around 2010 has passed through in the market movement and someone who just came yesterday feels he or she is entitled to the moon.
This is the reason why they raise their expectations too high for silly reasons and then get frustrated at the end. If they cannot withstand it, like I always say, they should go learn how to trade but also have to understand there is no shortcut to trading as that can make them lose more if they do it without knowledge.

True, it is as if for them the only thing that exist is the present and just a few weeks of the past of bitcoin, it is as if they purposefully forget about all the years of existence of bitcoin and the great benefits that those that held get, this is the same problem with all of those that claim that bitcoin is dead when bitcoin has a price of 7000 dollars which is higher than the price of most months in the life of bitcoin.
Activity: 126
September 02, 2018, 02:41:33 PM

Yes, trading may sometimes bring more money, but hodling isn't about losing money either. Moreover, hodling is preferable for inexperienced investors because you don't lose money, which might be the case with trading. So, I wouldn't impose my opinion on others because it might be bad for some people.
You are right it is not good to have day trading than long term trading, it needs allot of patience and a lot of time to trade for day because you will have to remain active all the day, it needs time and patience, day trading needs high amount of knowledge, the more time you will spend the more it will get you income, so trading for long term is really an advisable earning resources.
Activity: 66
September 02, 2018, 02:03:32 PM
In a market like the present one we're facing right now, hodl is like a suicide mission. The only winners in this present market are the flippers. If you can flow with trends and be quick in taking profits, you will always smile to the bank despite the ugly market situation
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
September 02, 2018, 01:38:48 PM
For me the bitcoin is good to hold because every time i holded it and in return the value of my investment become double i believe that crypto is the world major investment opportunity now and i want tot get millionaire in crypto world the globalization has made this easy and the world is connected through bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: