Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding multiple altcoins - page 25. (Read 24713 times)

Activity: 1722
Merit: 309
March 26, 2019, 07:46:41 PM
Have come to realise that holding multiple altcoin  is  the best way to make it in Crypto  and like the popular saying , don't put all your eggs in one basket, I like to always store differently
It's not only the best way but it can decrease the risk and remember about each coin has its own potential. To avoid our amount being centralized and we can decide to do that. Keep our altcoins in the various wallets.
Yes, it is really hard to check them all if we don't have a single applications that it can help to monitor our coins progress.
But if you'll go into trading, you'll probably can't accommodate them all and can't even more profitable. 
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
March 26, 2019, 07:36:33 PM
Have come to realise that holding multiple altcoin  is  the best way to make it in Crypto  and like the popular saying , don't put all your eggs in one basket, I like to always store differently
It's not only the best way but it can decrease the risk and remember about each coin has its own potential. To avoid our amount being centralized and we can decide to do that. Keep our altcoins in the various wallets.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 263
March 26, 2019, 07:19:21 PM
There is not one right coin. Having multiple coins is right. It gives you the chance to make up losses of one coin with gains from another coin. That's why you want to hold several coins.
If we hold lots of coins with the current market conditions, of course that will lead to this, but that is what we have to do when it is because we don't really get a deep loss because it is covered by several other coins that go up, but if we only hold 1 coin, the only thing we can do is hold the coin until it really gets a high price.
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
March 26, 2019, 06:30:51 PM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

did not understood what is this. it is cold wallet? or it is just interface for watching for price changes? anyway hold all money in one place is not good idea.
It's is the only fully open source multiwallet. It provides you the full control over your private key. You have to try it since this allows you to hold multiple coin all at one app. If you want a better version of it, you can have the Hodler pro, it's is based on J3 samsung smartphone. You can read more about here: www.hodler.tech/pro
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
March 21, 2019, 06:21:15 PM

But still be careful with the market because the downtrend can happen in anytime and make sure that you can choose the right coin to invest. I agree that crypto is getting stronger and I am sure that crypto can reach all people from all country because they can have a new way to make a profit. And if they can make a profit, then they can make the better life in the future which we always want.

There is not one right coin. Having multiple coins is right. It gives you the chance to make up losses of one coin with gains from another coin. That's why you want to hold several coins.
Activity: 358
Merit: 10
March 21, 2019, 06:19:12 PM
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
March 21, 2019, 05:58:33 PM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?
ERC20 token I usually store it in ETH wallet, while the coins can be traded, I usually store them on the floor for easy trading at any time. The  exchange wallet is also a bad place.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 126
March 21, 2019, 05:56:21 PM
indeed a lot of bitcoin is better but you have to know the coins that you hold are good for you to hold taua no, because the more here the more new altcoins become garbage. but for the advice I chose the altcoin you can use ethereum, litecoin and bitcoin because the three coins are very promising results
Diversifying the portfolio with several reliable cryptocurrencies is absolute. It does not make sense to keep only Bitcoin, because Bitcoin no longer moves easily, and altcoins are different in this regard.
Yes, Bitcoin doesn't move like of those altcoins but considering the fact that it have more potentials than of them, people would love to take the risk of holding BTC than of altcoins. I do hold BTC since before and also having with some altcoins, everything will be fine for me since I hold only those valuable coins in the market and get rid all nonsense coins specially those we've receive coming from bounties.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 250
March 21, 2019, 05:45:38 PM
indeed a lot of bitcoin is better but you have to know the coins that you hold are good for you to hold taua no, because the more here the more new altcoins become garbage. but for the advice I chose the altcoin you can use ethereum, litecoin and bitcoin because the three coins are very promising results
Diversifying the portfolio with several reliable cryptocurrencies is absolute. It does not make sense to keep only Bitcoin, because Bitcoin no longer moves easily, and altcoins are different in this regard.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS
March 21, 2019, 05:38:28 PM
You never need to stop your investments on one coin.
By investing in different coins you can be sure that at least some of them will have a future in the future.
I think that those who believe in their coins and in the cryptocurrency market will come to success.
TWW
Activity: 1456
Merit: 109
March 21, 2019, 05:24:08 PM
Holding multiple altcoins is a great option when reducing the total loss rate when investing in fixed Altcoin, but this will make the profit impossible to maximize when not all Altcoin grows, in the same way, the moment with a fixed growth rate the same. So this is not the best solution but the best solution.
we will see all altcoins grow in the same way when the market experiences a high increase. then there is no need to wait for the pump from a certain asset community. but usually a pump like that won't last long.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
March 21, 2019, 05:21:08 PM

I choose the coins/tokens based on how good the project is, not based on how I can store them.
This being said, I have paper wallets, wallet seeds, wallet.dat files, ... name it.
I was near to the point to buy hardware wallet, but then the market crash has come so such investment will have to wait.

Basically, we will really not invest on a project that has no future. What I'm trying to say is that, would it be a good idea to store it all in one app. I actually decided to do ut, but just getting recommendation from tge community. But even without any answer, I found my current wallet now as really fits me. But still wanting to hear from everyone since I'm a newbie holder. Thank you for your response.

The only multi-currency wallet I know is the ledger nano. For personal hot wallets I hold them differently. I use imtoken for ERC-20 coins, I use lobster for XLM, kcash wallet and blockchain wallet for bitcoin and Bitcoin cash. I am open to learn about any good wallet that can accommodate all
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
March 21, 2019, 05:08:27 PM
Holding multiple altcoins is a great option when reducing the total loss rate when investing in fixed Altcoin, but this will make the profit impossible to maximize when not all Altcoin grows, in the same way, the moment with a fixed growth rate the same. So this is not the best solution but the best solution.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
March 21, 2019, 05:05:30 PM
Holding multiple altcoins makes people excited, also they are sharing their risks, in the bull term 20 % of them if can move, so no problem.

That's a good practice because diversification is key to minimize risks and achieve the best potfolio in risk-return metrics.
Activity: 798
Merit: 14
March 21, 2019, 01:45:19 PM
Such wallets will allow you access to your coins at the same time. I think it's good provided the security it's offering is high what matters is safety of one's funds irrespective of where it's stored.
Activity: 532
Merit: 5
March 21, 2019, 01:41:21 PM
Holding multiple altcoins makes people excited, also they are sharing their risks, in the bull term 20 % of them if can move, so no problem.
Activity: 130
March 21, 2019, 01:39:02 PM
I invest in BTC as well, plus XRP, XLM, ADA, TRX and others. Digital assets will be a big part of our financial future, but I don't think there will be only one winner. Most digital assets of today will die off, but a lot will find a purpose and thrive.
Activity: 546
March 21, 2019, 01:33:07 PM
I think that this is nothing bad, and I see that now there are really a large number of projects that have great chances to live. See how things are developing now? I think you understand what I mean? The world is changing and we are already seeing changes.
Activity: 336
A nexgen decentralized ride hailing
March 21, 2019, 01:27:17 PM
holding on single wallet it too risk when you save many asset (money) there
better sphread on some wallet than on single one
i prefer using cold wallet like ledger nano to save mine
Well, if there is a small amount of money why you do not need to invest , for me it is more convenient , but of course if you store large amounts of money then choose ledger
Activity: 686
March 21, 2019, 12:49:43 PM
I like the main cold wallets better, I feel more secure, probably when all the tokens are in 1 place it is convenient, but I feel safer to keep the coins in different places.
Pages:
Jump to: