Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding multiple altcoins - page 4. (Read 24713 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 11
August 14, 2019, 02:28:21 PM
I think that altcoins are best used for short-term transactions, rather than holding for a long time. 90% of altcoins have not made a profit over the past year and are unlikely to bring.
Activity: 248
August 14, 2019, 01:36:35 PM
holding a multiple account is not really good, becuase we must control price of all coin we hold.
i prefer to hold just only 5 coin that is BTC, ETH, BNB, EOS and LTC.
that is so simple and always make a huge profit for me.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
August 14, 2019, 01:31:43 PM
I have a mess of LISK that (after ICO more purchases) duh, I'd need $1.91 LISK to get out what I have in LISK.

The joys of 20/20 hindsight...always so clear. meh!

I have a significant amount of Siacoin I mined, before selling my Obelisk SC1 miners for what I had into them (whew!)

kinda was waiting for the 1 year to pass on HODL'ing them so only 20% cap gains thingy in the USA.

Not sure how wise this is, but got what I needed out of the equipment that any of this is extra, after the electric, till I sold the Obelisk SC1's.

Was told by my nice CPA lady in the USA to now even THINK about touching/looking or otherwise acknowledging the 'bastard children'

Bitcoin/Litecoin or other forks. At least until the IRS comes out this year on its 'supposed' guidelines. So that is out.

Have a mess of 'dead coin' Fujicoin (FJC) I mined for some profit, before the FJC went deader than dead, on the KNC Titans.

My last mining of any kind was shut off on 2/14/19 or exactly 6 months ago from today, as long as I've just realized this.

I also fell (hopefully not the victim) to the Litecoin Halving and bought a mess at around $85 price and some change averaged out.

Unsure how what is all gonna work out. But hey, no loss on paper yet.

So anyway, that is my situation. Hopefully, all altcoins will not go full beanie baby and worthless, but as a percentage of my Bitcoin

holdings, I feel it is worth the risk just to hold. Probably the wrong choice.

But then again, this is how crypto works. It is always 'binary' either win/lose on whatever choice. Never any gray areas worth crypto.

I was either the right choice or the wrong move, on whatever actions.

Seems to be how it rolls.

Anyway, my view on HODL'ing multiple coins is, if it is not significant to your Bitcoin HODL'ings, I'd say it is worth the risk.

Then again, we could further this discussion even further and debate the HODL strategy of Bitcoin itself. Also, a win/lose binary situation.

Crypto: Always Drama!

anyway, my approach, be modest on altcoins and keep your expectations low.

If you want to be full out crypto stupid, then your best 'bet' is Bitcoin IMHO.

by the by, the above is transparent because the SEC and the IRS are already fully aware of me, thus no biggie to be detailed on above.

(2013 banker called SEC for investigation, just because I used $$$ to Buy Bitcoin Equipment in 2013, ah the good old days, when I was a desperado,

the SEC guy was like, on the phone, "why am I here", in that I had fully complied with the 2014 IRS Guidelines showing them my nice CPA made 2014 tax returns.

Needless, to say, I changed banks on the realization that I needed a 'commercial bank' vs a regular bank, for these purposes. Told the new bank about this when I

got an account, they were in hysterics about the other bank competitor and could give a frack all these years I have checks labeled with my name and BTC under my name.

To keep track of my checking use for the business etc. I have trained them the new bank well since 2013! Smiley

Anyway, I'm already tag'd and snag'd so I can say what the hell I want on my holdings here on Bitcointalk. Smiley

So chump or champ, you guys can tell me how badly I mucked up on HODL'ing the above altcoins someday in the far future!

later

Brad
Activity: 798
Merit: 17
Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media
August 14, 2019, 01:12:59 PM
Now it’s risky to invest in any altcoins. not only did they fall when bitcoin grew. Bitcoin is already falling, ETF again transferred, here the market wins back
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
COVIR.IO
August 11, 2019, 08:26:38 PM
Holding multiple altcoins now is very risky to me.. Market is bad and no one can predict the actual what will happen Tommorrw. There are some token I even sent to exchange and they later delist the token l, is that gain or lose. To avoid lose don't hold much altcoins else you will blame yourself at the end...

Seeing the current price of altcoin, investing in altcoin is risky. But I think if we choose altcoin which is in the top 10 or top 50 coinmarketcaps, now is the right time to buy because the price is cheap. In my opinion, the dominance of bitcoin will not last long because it can turn off altcoin and investor interest in altcoin will be reduced drastically.
Activity: 315
Merit: 2
August 11, 2019, 07:53:45 PM
In order to curb the fear of exposing one's wallet to hackers, you should opt for hardware wallers. It is jot expensive. Consider the amount you might lose if your wallet is hacked, compared to what you will do to avoid it.
Activity: 468
Merit: 100
Experience the Future of DeFi
August 11, 2019, 07:39:13 PM
I also have multiple coins but I prefer to store it in different wallets so that when one gets hacked I still have the other. I put some my coins in different exchange also so that I can trade them from time to time.
Activity: 559
Merit: 102
August 11, 2019, 06:29:56 PM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

I prefer to store mine in a single wallet that is very secured and safe, I believe the wallet you store your coins shouldn't be any issue but rather how safe the wallet is
Activity: 139
Merit: 1
August 11, 2019, 04:54:27 PM
I will prefer to use a well recognized multicureency wallet to be Wilson a safer side ! This way , it’s better to safe gayer your asset to avoid stores that touches the heart !
Activity: 201
Merit: 1
August 11, 2019, 03:47:39 PM
Holding multiple altcoins now is very risky to me.. Market is bad and no one can predict the actual what will happen Tommorrw. There are some token I even sent to exchange and they later delist the token l, is that gain or lose. To avoid lose don't hold much altcoins else you will blame yourself at the end...
Activity: 826
Merit: 105
August 11, 2019, 12:54:30 PM
Oh my god. DGB :')
Part of my memory is about DGB's price.
I think it's good when collect all the kind of coins into a platform. But you have to check carefully. Cause problems with security are very likely to happen without your noticeability.
Activity: 244
Merit: 14
StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective
August 11, 2019, 12:12:11 PM
Yes, that's a good idea. I also prefer to keep it in a multi-cryptocurrency wallet. It's easier to check. And does not require much application space on a smartphone. For me, a multi-cryptocurrency wallet is also safe, as long as we store phrases and passwords in a safe place.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 344
August 11, 2019, 07:31:42 AM
I will strongly advise you use a hardware wallet like Ledger Nano or Trezor especially for long term hold. About the holder wallet you proposed, I have no idea about their trust rating so can't recommend at this time. If you need recommended multi wallets, you should research on Atomic wallet , Trust wallet and Ethos, Atomic wallet being my favorite multi assets software wallet. 
Activity: 536
Merit: 15
July 19, 2019, 02:55:04 PM
I think the best way to hold multiple altcoins is to you different kinds of wallets, because if you store all of them in a single wallet and you get hacked then all your money is gone. Also make sure that your private key is not stored in a vulnerable place and don't clink on necessary links.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
July 18, 2019, 02:26:23 PM
yes You can holding multiple altcoin kinds on your wallet, but you have be careful with your asset excatly erc20 token asset but always alert for security
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
July 18, 2019, 01:13:35 PM
Holding multiple alts need tracing it.
I am apply for many airdrops last year, and allways lost pump moments
it's not wrong to hold multiple altcoins, but we have to see if the altcoin that we hold has enormous potential for the future or not. however, it won't be good if you hold so many altcoins, but there is no good development of all the coins.
You are right but I don’t think all coins are that much profitable at all. There as only few coins in market that we can trust to invest out money and those coins are
Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Neo are the coins which are famous and mostly investors hold these coins for having huge potential.
Activity: 700
send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c
July 17, 2019, 01:29:04 AM
I am holding several altcoins too but I prefer holding them in several wallets, reason being that if anything should go wrong, it won't affect my total holding because that could be devastating. Security could be compromised.
well, indeed if we have plans to hold longer, it's better to use a different wallet.
i also did that, i thought it would be safer. indeed it will be a little inconvenient but it's better than losing coins.
Activity: 452
Merit: 101
July 17, 2019, 01:01:34 AM
Watch every coin price movement is very hard. Maybe sell it immediatelly after recieve the altcoin is the best way. Altcoin that we can get from airdrop is not so much. If you hold multiple altcoins, it seems that you can't manage it by yourself but you need assistance. Maybe member of your family can help you to do it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
July 17, 2019, 12:50:41 AM
copper member
Activity: 176
Merit: 0
July 17, 2019, 12:47:46 AM
I am holding several altcoins too but I prefer holding them in several wallets, reason being that if anything should go wrong, it won't affect my total holding because that could be devastating. Security could be compromised.
Pages:
Jump to: