Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding multiple altcoins - page 5. (Read 24713 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 11
July 16, 2019, 10:29:06 PM
I understood that it is better to hold maximum 5 different coins and to monitor them, than to hold a lot of them and to have no time on any
It is good way to decentralize portfolio and somehow will help investors to maximize their marginal profits. It is always true that invest in good coins will reduce risks of loss, especially if you buy them at bottom price range. However, it does not guarentee that you will get profits with them, and the point is how long you have to wait to get profits. Spreading to some coins will help you get sparsely chances to take profits between your five coins.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
July 16, 2019, 03:54:05 PM
I understood that it is better to hold maximum 5 different coins and to monitor them, than to hold a lot of them and to have no time on any
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
July 11, 2019, 05:22:29 PM
I would prefer holding multiple coins in a.single wallet rather than holding multiple coins in different wallets. That way it will be easier to track the progress of my coins rather than checking different wallets one by one.
Activity: 271
July 11, 2019, 04:28:42 PM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?
I think its good to hold it up like that and hope that the market will recover this year as to provide us with good redenption as to recovering prices for cryptocoins this year 2019
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
July 09, 2019, 04:56:17 PM

I tripped over www.cointracker.io for showing your crypto public addresses and portfolio. But it does not have much in the way of any altcoins.

Just DASH, BCH, and ETH, etc. Less than a dozen...coins..very few of any altcoins.

Is there another one that has a decent amount of altcoins to track with the public addresses in the manner of www.cointracker.io?

Anyway, this one is free and again is OK..but need another in the same manner to track my altcoin empire!

As to hodl'ing altcoins, I myself am not buying but have little invested for what I have in about 5 or they are BCH and BSV and Bitcoin fork

type coins I'm not gonna touch or move, because of IRS and Tax Implementation, etc. That would not be worth it as of now, a real pain.

Thus, hodl'ing what few I have left since 2018 (dumped Dash/Garlicoin (thank god!) some other oddball ones at least when the price was higher in 2018)

As to what is left. Meh! Let it ride, I could get lucky. (or not)

Bitcoin: "Doing the opposite of what people expect, since 2009!" (tm: Bitcoin)

later

Brad
Activity: 742
July 09, 2019, 03:15:47 PM
I've prefer having different wallet for a different purpose. If my purpose is for long term, I've keep it in different wallet, I will not combined it to the alts which I am not sure I will hodl it for long.
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 08, 2019, 06:24:51 PM
I never prefer to keep all your alts in a single space. I am not saying that make wallet for every other alts. But make atleast 2-3 main wallet to slacces all the asset you have. Cause this market is full of scsmers and hacekrrs so better keep you wallet safe form them. But there is now many wallet available which support almost all chain. But still distribution is very important. And one more think if you got enough money then go for hardware wallet. That's it.
Activity: 285
Merit: 100
July 08, 2019, 03:47:17 PM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

If you want to hold multiple altcoins so you can do it very easily. If you want to put your altcoin in a different wallet so you can do it but if you have some money so you can buy a hardware wallet then you can put your all token in one device. I'm using a hardware wallet to hold my altcoin. I suggest you can put your altcoin in the different wallet because if your wallet hack but you can lose your so token.

wow pretty much altcoin but the sum is not much. Why do you invest in altcoin garbage with a few tens of dollars, that you are expecting that it will increase several dozen times?
Activity: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
July 08, 2019, 03:18:31 AM
I also holding multiple altcoins in my myetherwallet and I already have 100+ different kinds of tokens supported by ethereum but there are lots of it which has a low value but I believe that some of it have the potential to increase soon so I stay put and patiently waiting for the right time.
Activity: 193
July 08, 2019, 02:12:09 AM
holding lots of altcoins may be one of the efforts to reduce the risk of loss on an asset. because we can benefit from other assets. but holding an unpopular altcoin in the long run is very bad. focus on just a few coins. if you invest in a long term, it might not matter to have a lot of assets. but if in trading I'm sure you will have trouble.
Personally, I don't invest all my money into altcoins. At the same period, I will allocate my funds into at least three parts. The first one for bitcoin, the second one for USDT, and the last one for altcoins. For the last part (for altcoins), I will separate it into piecies with top altcoins. Doing this, I might maximise my chances to catch all trend of market. Sometimes, coins rise in USDT pairs, sometimes only bitcoin rises, and sometimes most of altcoins rise in ALT/ BTC pairs.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
July 07, 2019, 11:40:49 PM

Bitcoin O.K.

Litecoin 0.K.

LISK ....meh! but then again got it at the ICO and so WTH HODL. Dubious but it stakes.

Siacoin....meh!...same as above...got it from dubious equipment I sold for same and this is extra SC coin. So WTH HODL.

FujiCoin....dead!...coin is dead unless protocol change...a scrypt-n pow coin no less. Sigh. Worthless and held too long. Very little invested..so meh!

Bitcoin SV...meh! Kinda stuck, if I wind this out, it is a 'taxable event' thus it still sits on the Bitcoin Blockchain like a 'dubious' leech.

Bitcoin ABC...meh! (same as above)

Bitcoin Diamond, Bitcoin Gold, etc, etc (see above)

So the danger with me an Altcoins is stuff I shouldn't keep has very little invested and/or dubious with IRS on how to withdraw from Bitcoin Blockchain

I suspect MOST people, with the exception of maybe some top ten altcoins, also is a mixture of stuff gotten over the years and kinda looks like the above.

Anyway, how I see the sh*tcoins besides Bitcoin and (maybe?) Litecoin I am in HODL mode with.

Brad
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 06, 2019, 05:03:46 PM
I think that you also need to keep the coins wisely.  Because if you keep for a very long time, you can lose and if you sell quickly, then you need to invest in a certain project.  The world of cryptocurrency is very complex and requires experience.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 516
July 05, 2019, 06:39:31 PM
Holding multiple altcoins can be advantageous or not depending on the kind of coin. I personally prefer holding multiple altcoins in my wallet or portfolio so that if the market recovers and prices increase, I can get more profits.
HODL is the best solution and everyone has the same opinion, that is want to get a profit right but don't enter the wrong basket with an empty token or ALT that does't have a future dude. It's better to always see the developments in your portfolio, that is the best solution your might get a lot of profit.
Activity: 350
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
July 05, 2019, 06:29:17 PM
Holding multiple altcoins can be advantageous or not depending on the kind of coin. I personally prefer holding multiple altcoins in my wallet or portfolio so that if the market recovers and prices increase, I can get more profits.
Activity: 812
Merit: 253
●Social Crypto Trading●
July 05, 2019, 06:00:10 PM
Wouldn't a ledger be better for this? They add new coins all the time and if you have eth tokens you can keep them all safe. This is a lot of trust to put into a program like this. I don't even know if it is safe.
IT is like having multiple privatekeys. You can't just install any wallet but how do you know what to install? Ledger is tried and tested so I use that. Other coins I sue their official wallets. I never use third part wallets.
Activity: 910
Merit: 255
July 05, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
well. i prefer to use hardware wallets. i use trezor. it is quite simple and useful but it doesn't support every coin i have. for the ones that it does not support i use the wallets that officially announce by the team of the altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
July 05, 2019, 04:17:00 PM
if you can hold it in one wallet, it is the easiest way, but since the security is also the question, i prefer to hold my coins in different wallets, to diversify the risk from losing one key or another
lost of your key, or hack to your account is not impossible, so i have to take risk precautions
Activity: 123
Merit: 1
July 05, 2019, 04:05:37 PM
Get some $ESH that's Switch.ag token which gets you dividends of the exchange every month. it's basically free money and they just started a mega campaign, the probably getting listed on cmc in like a week or so, really recommend to invest now.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 104
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
July 05, 2019, 03:12:56 AM
Holding multiple altcoins is not an issue but we should really endeavour to keep track of them, that is visiting the coins group etc to be aware of latest happenings. If one can't keep up, then holding just few will be better so as not to miss out on swaps etc thereby holding useless coins thereafter.
Secondly, I don't think holding all coins in one wallet is worth it, I prefer spreading mine in different wallets to diversify risks.
Activity: 93
Merit: 1
July 05, 2019, 01:37:13 AM
In my opinion, it is a good time to buy, Bitcoin rose fast and alts too, good alts now already at least 5X from early this year. I missed the opportunity to accumulate then while I will buy now... Hope it is still a good time, and maybe as Libra is a double edge sword it will bring more people to cryptocurrency and invest?

The projects I invest now:

BitTorrent
Stellar
Historia Network
RavenCoin
Mithril
DGB
Pages:
Jump to: