Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding multiple altcoins - page 55. (Read 24713 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 11
December 08, 2018, 12:06:44 AM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

I hold different coins from signature campaign with different wallet and I import it in TRUST to easy manage and it's fun to see my coins daily without using private key and it is easy export for trading time .
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
December 08, 2018, 12:00:51 AM
You can holding multiple altcoin at ne myetherwallet, never use many wallet for holding many kind of your altcoin, but more safety is better for using many wallet kind because when one your wallet stole you have save your asset the other wallet.
Activity: 1149
Merit: 347
December 07, 2018, 11:57:55 PM
I am old and I prefer to download the wallet and have full access to blockchain and private keys except when we have a big and heavy blockchain or when I have interest to stay only a few weeks with the coin. No ETH token is currently of interest to me for day-to-day use.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
December 07, 2018, 11:41:01 PM
I think if I have multiple altcoins with a large amount, I will use ledger nano to save because it will more safe to keep in that wallet than to use the exchanges or in the mew itself. We don't know what will happen later and all we can do is prevent from the hacker, and if we can use an offline wallet and gather it in that wallet and only us that will know the passphrase, I think we don't have to worry with anything. As long as we can save in one place and we don't tell other people, then the various altcoins will be safe, and we can send it to the exchanges when the price increase higher.
Activity: 1009
Merit: 328
December 07, 2018, 11:14:20 PM
For me, holding many kind of different coins is good for investment. At least it should be able to close the loss if some of the coins that we keep facing a loss and the other reach success. And about the wallet, if possible keep our coins in a hardware wallet, that would be so much secured.
holding different kinds of altcoins is really a good idea or maybe strategy that we needbti do on this very huge dip. We all know that the coins are really affected on the market dip and it almost lost its value, so if we are going to buy more coins and hold it until such time that the price will back to its normal shape or normal run maybe we can earn on those altcoin that we are holding.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
December 07, 2018, 10:58:10 PM
For me, holding many kind of different coins is good for investment. At least it should be able to close the loss if some of the coins that we keep facing a loss and the other reach success. And about the wallet, if possible keep our coins in a hardware wallet, that would be so much secured.
Activity: 420
Merit: 10
December 07, 2018, 10:10:38 PM
I don't think there is a problem if you hold a number of altcoins, this will actually produce good profits for the future, if the market has risen and the price of coins also increases, of course the altcoins you have can make you have more profits
copper member
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
December 07, 2018, 09:57:50 PM
Is good to have your coins in one wallet for security purpose and at the same time still risky too cause if you lost or someone else have access to it then the tokens are bye gone so the mother of the story is to keep your private key or passphrase well to avoid losing your funds, and be very sure his save the wallet is before you used them.
Activity: 840
December 07, 2018, 09:50:12 PM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

I am prefer holding several different kind of coin. I just want to reducing my risk in volatile market. i think its good for my investment in bear market because some my coin increasing the price in bear market
Activity: 403
December 07, 2018, 07:55:59 PM
For me it is ok to hold multiple altcoins, it has more chance to have some value rather than investing on a right project, In holding some altcoins you have to give research on it and have a visions of its value and price in the later stage.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
December 07, 2018, 07:14:10 PM

Holding multiple altcoins don't require to have more e-wallet if you hold ERC20 Token. And that is a good idea if you are using MEW (MyEtherWallet) to store all of your ERC20 Token. The Holder e-wallet I never use, but I think this e-wallet is not better than MEW.
It possible to have single wallet if someone store their altcoin like on exchange that have so many kind of altcoin, like binance. Surely except for the new altcoin, she will need the own coin purse and/or eth address if it ERC token.
Activity: 104
Merit: 1
December 07, 2018, 07:13:37 PM

I prefer to hold coins in just one type of wallet, ETH wallet. In my opinion it would be difficult to hold coins in different types of wallets. When I will hold a coin I will choose a coin that can be predicted to sell and be valuable later on, so I only have two or three coins that I hold so that I have just one wallet.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
December 07, 2018, 07:07:39 PM

Holding multiple altcoins don't require to have more e-wallet if you hold ERC20 Token. And that is a good idea if you are using MEW (MyEtherWallet) to store all of your ERC20 Token. The Holder e-wallet I never use, but I think this e-wallet is not better than MEW.
Activity: 294
December 07, 2018, 07:03:38 PM

Everyone has their own preferences, but I think there is no significant difference where to keep the coins in one purse or different wallets.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
December 07, 2018, 06:26:55 PM
I do not advise people to keep holding coins without proper follow-up. If you can monitor, then you should hold, but without that, just select god ones and hold.
Activity: 490
Merit: 14
December 07, 2018, 06:13:40 PM
With multiple altcoin you have higher chances to gain. Let's imagine that there a new ethereum will appear.
You increase your chances to receive higher ROI
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
December 07, 2018, 06:08:16 PM
I also hold a lot of altcoins, but not in the same wallet, it is the safest thing I can do, of course to avoid some coins disappearing, it's very difficult for me to believe in one wallet
Activity: 378
December 07, 2018, 05:32:52 PM
I'd prefer to hold it with a muticurrency wallet like ledger nano s.

It is convenient if most of the coins you hold can be stored within a single wallet which is trusted and reliable. I have seen that hodler wallet ran a signature campaign here but I still prefer to stay with ledger nano s.

Is this wallet comfortable in daily usage? Isn't it too long to insert it into a notebook, remove it and insert again? It seems to me that such a wallet is convenient only for the storage but not for daily operations. Am I right?
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
December 07, 2018, 11:32:25 AM
I prefer to have only a single wallet because more wallets mean more passwords and other stuff so I like to keep things simple. I think it works ok this way.
Actually my thought, I would not want to have a lot of password which is really a hassle thing. This is why I tried to find a good multiwallet but most of it or all of (it aside from hardware wallet and Hodler wallet)gives no full control for the users. Its good that a team is now developing a opensource multiwallet This will surely give the user the confidence on their assets.
Lyd
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
December 07, 2018, 10:34:22 AM
I prefer to have only a single wallet because more wallets mean more passwords and other stuff so I like to keep things simple. I think it works ok this way.
Pages:
Jump to: