Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding multiple altcoins - page 59. (Read 24713 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 256
December 06, 2018, 05:33:48 AM
A multiple-currency wallet is the best. However, I do not store all of my coins in a single wallet. I would never do that, or perhaps I could not. I have accounts in several exchanges. And so I cannot but use several wallets as well. But my coins for long term hodling will also be in different baskets. Just for the sake of security and accessibility. I have a local wallet as well for my bills payment and load supply.
Activity: 946
Merit: 105
December 06, 2018, 05:30:32 AM
I prefer holding them in their native wallet if they are in a large amount and in a dedicated key-address pair of ERC20 tokens.
You should be extra sure how open sourced (malicious codes) and how secure (against external threats) are such open source wallets.
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
December 06, 2018, 05:17:29 AM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

I choose the coins/tokens based on how good the project is, not based on how I can store them.
This being said, I have paper wallets, wallet seeds, wallet.dat files, ... name it.
I was near to the point to buy hardware wallet, but then the market crash has come so such investment will have to wait.

Basically, we will really not invest on a project that has no future. What I'm trying to say is that, would it be a good idea to store it all in one app. I actually decided to do ut, but just getting recommendation from tge community. But even without any answer, I found my current wallet now as really fits me. But still wanting to hear from everyone since I'm a newbie holder. Thank you for your response.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
December 06, 2018, 05:16:19 AM
Holding more altcoins is recommended because we cant predict which one altcoin rise in the future and which one dies. So by doing this you could reduce the risk.
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
KNL Ecosystem - Invest. Trade. Earn.
December 06, 2018, 05:12:47 AM
It does not make sense to keep everything on one single wallet, because if you would get tricked, you will lose everything. Never forget to use the diversification and to hold your coins on different wallets and different exchanges.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
December 06, 2018, 05:11:17 AM
Multiple altcoins, in a single wallet. Why not? I have plenty of tokens to manage in my ethereum wallet and there is no such a great coin can do that!
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
December 06, 2018, 05:01:46 AM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

I choose the coins/tokens based on how good the project is, not based on how I can store them.
This being said, I have paper wallets, wallet seeds, wallet.dat files, ... name it.
I was near to the point to buy hardware wallet, but then the market crash has come so such investment will have to wait.

What I like the most? The means I can save on plain paper: especially wallet seeds, but paper wallets are also okay. Such means of "storage" are the cheapest and the most versatile imho.
And yes, obviously, each and every one with its own wallet.
Activity: 379
Merit: 10
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
December 06, 2018, 04:57:17 AM
According to your hobbies, I have a lot of wallets to trust! And I don't think I should store all the encryption in one wallet!
Etherwallet
Imtoken
Myetherwallet(MEW)
Hardware wallet you can choose Ledger Nano
December 06, 2018, 04:44:14 AM
I'd prefer to hold it with a muticurrency wallet like ledger nano s.

It is convenient if most of the coins you hold can be stored within a single wallet which is trusted and reliable. I have seen that hodler wallet ran a signature campaign here but I still prefer to stay with ledger nano s.
Yes, I also found it when they did a signature campaign. Looks like the team could be trusted and has good project history.  I've heard that they'll be releasing a hardware wallet also in the first quarter of 2019. They actually get good reviews about their wallet that's why I started using it. Thank you for your response.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
December 06, 2018, 04:37:46 AM
I'd prefer to hold it with a muticurrency wallet like ledger nano s.

It is convenient if most of the coins you hold can be stored within a single wallet which is trusted and reliable. I have seen that hodler wallet ran a signature campaign here but I still prefer to stay with ledger nano s.
December 06, 2018, 04:23:35 AM

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?
Pages:
Jump to: