Pages:
Author

Topic: Holding multiple altcoins - page 57. (Read 24713 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 113
December 06, 2018, 10:13:17 PM
the most important thing is the security of the wallet so that it is safe from hacking, now I only use myetherwallet because I only have a few ERC20 tokens but if later I have a lot of tokens I will save it in multi wallet to secure assets.
Agree, this is the main concern. As long as our funds are safe and nobody has control over it, then maybe we could consider it as the best option. Thank you for your response, I like that you mention using a multiwallet, Im actually using Hodler multiwallet. You might also consider to use it when you decide to have more token. So far, this wallet is the only opensource I found.
copper member
Activity: 155
Merit: 0
December 06, 2018, 09:01:36 PM
the most important thing is the security of the wallet so that it is safe from hacking, now I only use myetherwallet because I only have a few ERC20 tokens but if later I have a lot of tokens I will save it in multi wallet to secure assets.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
December 06, 2018, 08:52:00 PM
if in my opinion, it's better to hodl two or more types of altcoins. because the decline or increase in the altcoin value in the market is not the same. for example when Ether falls, not necessarily the ripple or cardano also falls. so we can still take profits when one of our coins decreases but the other coins increase.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
December 06, 2018, 08:40:59 PM
For the altcoins that is not stable and good for daily trading, I put it on my desktop wallet and ecncrypt it. But for those altcoins that I really want to hold for long term and cannot be touch or trade, I personally put it on a paper wallet and store it safe.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
December 06, 2018, 08:20:50 PM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?
If you have different kind of coins, it is better to to store it in multiple wallets. With my experience where i store my ERC20 tokens in MEW, so far i have no problem with it though i have to take good care of my private addresses very well, have to keep it in my cabinet.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
December 06, 2018, 07:52:10 PM
If you holding different kinds of altcoins better if you seperating it into different wallets because for sure once other wallet hack by the hacker you can have other wallet that have coins it is safe practice to prevent losing all of your coins.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
December 06, 2018, 07:44:06 PM
All I have for ERC20 tokens is just MyEtherWallet, I don't try any wallet because I trusted MEW fro a long time and I think it is enough for me to focus of its uses and security.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
December 06, 2018, 06:09:04 PM
Many of us prefer to hold multiple kind of coins. What do you prefer: holding it in a sigle kind of wallet or have it on a different kind of wallet?

Personally, I prefer to store in an opensource multi wallet that support all my preferred coin and even ERC20 token, its the only opensource multiwallet available called Hodler and so far I find it good. Do you think, this is really good idea?

No matter how reliable a wallet is, there is always a chance that hackers can steal your key or otherwise take possession of it. I prefer not to keep all my coins in one wallet. I keep them in dozens of different wallets.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
December 06, 2018, 03:52:43 PM
Most of my funds I store on my Cold Wallet. Also, I am holding some part on ERC20 and NEO tokens on MEW and Neon. And finally, I keep some small part of my tokens on exchanges for daily trading.
Activity: 353
Merit: 100
December 06, 2018, 01:13:51 PM
I am using multiwallet because i think it is the best rather than single kind of wallet.Because i was victim of hacking last year.Now am using ledger nano s.So you can use it. But always be safe while using wallet. Dont publish or save your private key in your social media site.
Activity: 714
Merit: 104
December 06, 2018, 12:46:29 PM
Better keep private keys of blockhains, where your coins stored.
Because with private keys you can access to your coin on any wallet software
Activity: 1270
Merit: 254
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
December 06, 2018, 12:46:20 PM
I think it is very acceptable to keep on such wallets as MEW. Of course, if you store more than 200 ETH, then it is better to store on a cold wallet
Activity: 434
GIGZI
December 06, 2018, 12:38:25 PM
I don't think it's a good idea. I'd rather change all my altcoins into bitcoins. This year's altcoins disappointed me very much. I'm losing confidence in altcoins. I hope the market will turn better next year.
it seems that the disappointment this time is not only the altcoin, but the price of bitcoin also still continues fo fall in. I think this is all a matter of time. and when it's time to get up it will also improve
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
December 06, 2018, 12:13:18 PM
Personally I prefer to use Metamask purse because of the ease of use of good security especially it supports many of the hierarchical exchanges, which can be very secure transactions.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 617
December 06, 2018, 10:24:15 AM

I collect coins from the bounties I get up to now I still have them on my wallet and I don't even use any hardwallet but just the MEW. I don't think its really this necessary to have a hard wallet for it. Besides the total sum of my coins isn't worth keeping on a vault also buying a hardwallet is already expensive to me. I don't anyone can break my password or acquire my privatekey. I hope they really can't.
Activity: 854
December 06, 2018, 10:15:11 AM
I honestly don't like holding multiple coins as it is not convenient for me. I will go for 3 for the max number of coins and tokens I own.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 301
December 06, 2018, 10:13:47 AM
I would also prefer holding multiple alt-coins,
Because they have a higher chance to gain profit even if some of them would be dump there would be other crypto that would be pump so it is much more safer.
copper member
Activity: 232
Merit: 10
December 06, 2018, 10:11:51 AM
I hold multiple coins but maximum ERC20 coins are in exchangers. I hold Bitcoin, Ethereum and XLM in blockchain wallet. Holding multiple coins are always good strategy because any coin can pump any time.
Activity: 476
The BISTOX exchange - OWN WHAT YOU TRADE
December 06, 2018, 10:10:41 AM
Storing all currencies in one wallet is not the best idea, because in case of hacking or losing your password, you will lose everything at once, but it's convenient, all -  in one place . I have about 20 wallets and it is also inconvenient to store all the keys and passwords. Recently, I transferred half of the coins to the exchange, so that you can quickly sell in case of growth.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 110
December 06, 2018, 10:08:00 AM
I think for convenience this is a completely normal idea, in the event that this wallet can really be trusted. Personally, I also prefer holding some coins, but on different wallets.
Pages:
Jump to: