Pages:
Author

Topic: How can a betting shop be so dubious like this - page 4. (Read 416 times)

Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
Based on the article you provided

The defendants pleaded not guilty to the charges after it was read to them in the English Language.

When it's very clear that it is outright theft, here in our country it is called qualified theft when you're stealing from your bosses, if your business is related to money and gambling you should hire people who have good moral character and you should do background checks.

The employers in the article are going to jail and they will also be fined for their crimes, they should give back the money and plead guilty the complainant may forgive them and withdraw the case or they will have a shorter prison time.
It's not the owner's fault but the employers' but it will surely tarnish the reputation of the betting station.
Activity: 574
Merit: 308
Everyone here is to be blame right from the gambler, the agents and the betting platform too. I personally won't give any agent chance to ask me to come back later for my money if I win any ticket from them. They can only give you excuses when you demand for cash. Give them your bank details to send you your money instantly. This is why I recommend betting on your personal account to avoid issues like this with agents and shop owners.

The betting platform ought to have done something to protect their brand. As far as I know, the agents are working for them and they are being paid. Why not call them to order when cases like this occurred? If they continue like this without taking action on agents doing things like this, the reputation they have built for years will be destroyed and would definitely lose some customers. The agents are unprofessional and they deserve whatever sentence they got. The amount is too small compared to what they attempt to steal from the young man.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
The betting platform is not to be blamed as the victim gambled using a betting agent? But he went to their betting site headquarter with no help given.

He used the betting agent of the betting platform to gamble and he won $11800 when I converted the local currency to dollar. He said the owner of the betting shop travelled abroad but he met the workers. The workers wanted to scam the man by not giving him any money.

The people involved that wanted to scam the man have been taken to court. They were granted bail with two sureties and the case has been adjourned to match 4 2024.

Some people are just very dubious

https://punchng.com/bet-naija-attendant-friend-arraigned-for-allegedly-stealing-n16-7m
Pages:
Jump to: