Pages:
Author

Topic: How could war affect crypto? - page 12. (Read 1504 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
April 14, 2018, 01:12:12 PM
Well, it can definitely lead to people withdraw money from the crypto and hence dip the price. But overall nothing is going to change in the long term. By the way the situational is better now between the west and ruskies after the recent strikes in syria.
Activity: 3178
Merit: 977
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
April 14, 2018, 11:37:22 AM
I don´t think it will have any noticeable effect, the crypto market is very small and there is not a stron correlation with the rest of the economy. It is very different IMO.
Do not agree with you one bit. Do you even know what war does to people? One of the biggest characteristics of the crypto market is people panic selling/buying which can happen at any particular point of time due to some reason or another(good or bad). For example, Bitconnect value literally crashed when the scam was unveiled due to people panic selling like crazy. One of the biggest characteristics of was is causing panic among people which will obviously have an effect on the crypto market(Big one for sure). However, this effect might be positive or negative for the market on the whole.
Activity: 238
Merit: 9
April 14, 2018, 11:31:59 AM
I don´t think it will have any noticeable effect, the crypto market is very small and there is not a stron correlation with the rest of the economy. It is very different IMO.
Activity: 160
Merit: 0
April 14, 2018, 11:30:46 AM
When there is war there is destruction. When it struck the nation structure will fall. No one is exempted. Everyone is effective. House, Atm, roads, buildings, and more. If one nation love crypto then war is present the above reasons are valid to stop the crypto for a while.
Activity: 225
Merit: 1
April 14, 2018, 11:29:17 AM
Practically, the war affects people psychological aspects, e.g mood on doing trading, panic selling, etc. It also affects the crypto through the trading of weapons, uprising crypto prices, and as a long term investment since you can't really trust the safety of your assets in conventional modes.
Activity: 728
Merit: 101
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
April 14, 2018, 11:29:07 AM
In Ukraine there is a war. I can say that crypto makes it really easy to hide money. Nobody knows who is the owner of the wallet which consists millions of dollars in cryptocurrency.
Yes obama said it that cryptocurrency is like a swiss bank. its anonymous even though its decentralized and its not transparant cause the private key and we only know address of the person who do the transaction not the identity of the person who doing it. I do agree War could drive economy but for crypto i think there will be many illegal transaction that could be happening using cryptocurrency.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 20
RiveMont
April 14, 2018, 11:27:43 AM
It is simple, war will divert investment into alternative assets like gold, silver and cryptos, crypto is a new and attractive class so im expecting big money coming in to crypto now.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
Hodlers Network
April 14, 2018, 11:24:45 AM
in my opinion the war is not a significant effect in crypto my friend
because, there is no connections between crypto and this war

Activity: 574
Merit: 251
April 14, 2018, 11:17:39 AM
I think war will boost the price of gold and digital assets like bitcoin because they are store of value so people will be likely to convert their cash into gold, bitcoin and food to make their assets secure. It is useful to secure your wealth through the war and bitcoin is one of the safest way to do that.
Activity: 1358
April 14, 2018, 11:06:54 AM
If two countries are at the war maybe slight affect of crypto just slight go down in the market, but if world war happens maybe it will huge down the crypto and possible one of the top 100 coins in coinmarketcap will have no value.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
April 14, 2018, 11:02:35 AM
But those who will accept Bitcoin will still have to convert their Bitcoins to cash because most war torn countries are still heavy in cash in their day to day living.
Activity: 1458
Merit: 509
April 14, 2018, 10:59:28 AM

How could war affect crypto?
The war could have affected the stability of the internet all of the countries and it means there will be a lot of problems when we are trying to accessing our digital assets. Without internet and that will be useless.
It could give a lot of impact to the crypto based on my opinion regarding the fact internet is a must for crypto.
Activity: 602
Merit: 105
April 14, 2018, 10:58:46 AM

In no way. War can only affect the stock  market, but not the crypto. There is a very little correlation between crypto and stock markets.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
April 14, 2018, 10:57:35 AM
I do not think that cryptocurrency can have a significant impact on the war.. perhaps, depends on what kind of a war : between what parties and for what reason. although it is impossible to exclude that the cryptocurrency is also an opportunity to store money and conduct monetary transactions more secretly than with real money.
Actually the power of crypto is enormous and it proves that crypto can cause something very unusual, for example war. If applied rationally it is most likely that crypto is used to aid war equipment. it could be the cost of a war, the impact of crypto is very broad because crypto has a very wide market share and in the world that nowadays crypto has been calculated as something very important.
Activity: 159
Merit: 10
April 14, 2018, 10:53:18 AM
My view is that a small local war may stimulate the rising of gold and digital money in a short period of time, because people in the war zone have a very urgent risk of danger, and in the tense situation in South Korea and North Korea last year, South Korea had a large amount of money to buy bitcoins.
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
April 14, 2018, 10:51:36 AM

I think it could affect cryptocurrencies if the war affects the team management and development. If a coin is based on a country and that country has war issues, I think it could affect that coin's value.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
April 14, 2018, 10:42:24 AM
I don't know. because I live not in a war country. I doubt the crypto will continue to work during the war. however there will be many facilities that will be destroyed what else internet connection will die because of damage here and there.

Why should cryptocurrencies don't work?
I think bitcoin is the best choice during a war. When there is a war in your country and your wealth is in danger, bitcoin is the best choice as a global currency.
Assume that your are forced to leave your country, you can use your bitcoins in every country. So your wealth is safe.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
April 14, 2018, 10:40:39 AM
I do not think that cryptocurrency can have a significant impact on the war.. perhaps, depends on what kind of a war : between what parties and for what reason. although it is impossible to exclude that the cryptocurrency is also an opportunity to store money and conduct monetary transactions more secretly than with real money.
Activity: 1330
C O M B O
April 14, 2018, 10:34:38 AM

I don't know. because I live not in a war country. I doubt the crypto will continue to work during the war. however there will be many facilities that will be destroyed what else internet connection will die because of damage here and there.
Activity: 213
Merit: 11
[ CINDX ] REFORM HOW SELL & BUY CRYPTO
April 14, 2018, 10:36:34 AM
Bitcoin, like gold, is a safe-haven asset.
Then when the war comes, people will buy Bitcoins in large quantities.

Yes, I agree with this thought. Like world war 2, many people were invested in gold at that time.
For now, I think Bitcoin is the safest asset to throw the money and make it safe.  
Pages:
Jump to: