Pages:
Author

Topic: How do I get to know detailed stuff about Bitcoin without the coding languages? - page 2. (Read 251 times)

Activity: 2548
Merit: 666
I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.
I've been a member here since 2016. That's a sign up on this forum 3 years after Bitcoin fascinated me and made me interested for the first time. 2013-2019 means 6 years of being involved in Bitcoin, and yet I have to learn a LOT about the way it works.

A lot of time passed and I did make many mistakes.. some which led to the lost of my funds, some forum mistakes but we all learn from the mistakes we make, right?

Anyways, I'm going to go straight to the point. Although I've been a BTC user for so long, I don't know much detail about the technical & mining part of it. I've always wanted to write in other, more advanced subforums here but I don't have the knowledge to, and I wish I had it.

How do I get to know the way Bitcoin works, the technical and more advanced parts of it, without having to learn the coding languages as I've never learned them before?
You can basically try reading articles found on the net about it. Most of it are catered for laymans and coders have their own forum to discuss things about so I'd doubt you would get confused as to which article you wanna read when you look them up. If you want to go deeper, go lurk in the technical discussions and try to infer some words from the discussion and then look them up. Any word that could be found in this forum could basically be looked up and defined. The hard part about that is to correlate it to some similar situations and determine how they are used though.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
Probably depends on how 'deep' you want to dig into the technicals of it.

If you want to explore the code side of it, probably purchase the Programming Bitcoin book by Andreas Antonopoulos. But of course, this assumes you know a bit of coding already.

If you just want to understand the sort of 'surface level' of the technical stuff, basically knowing how it works without knowing and understanding the code, simply reading articles and watching YouTube videos concerning Bitcoin will suffice in my opinion. Start with reading the Bitcoin whitepaper if you haven't yet, and take a look at this: https://www.lopp.net/bitcoin-information/getting-started.html. Lopp's Getting Started list also has some technical information in them.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
I feel you.

I've never had a really good understanding of code and how it all works, but I'd like to see I've gotten a decent understanding about the technical side of things.

What I've found is that you just need to sometimes go in a technical thread, or read something pretty complex and then google all the terms you don't know about, then form a glossary and eventually you'll learn all these words and reading those threads will be ever easier, it's time consuming but it is fun and you learn a lot.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 585
You own the pen
You can read some posts here to help you understand the basic principles of how bitcoin works. There are also some books and documentaries too.

Some of the posts are:

Blockchain Books, Bitcoin Movies And Documentaries
Frequently Asked Questions About Bitcoins
[General] Bitcoin Wallets - Which, what, why?
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
I've been a member here since 2016. That's a sign up on this forum 3 years after Bitcoin fascinated me and made me interested for the first time. 2013-2019 means 6 years of being involved in Bitcoin, and yet I have to learn a LOT about the way it works.

A lot of time passed and I did make many mistakes.. some which led to the lost of my funds, some forum mistakes but we all learn from the mistakes we make, right?

Anyways, I'm going to go straight to the point. Although I've been a BTC user for so long, I don't know much detail about the technical & mining part of it. I've always wanted to write in other, more advanced subforums here but I don't have the knowledge to, and I wish I had it.

How do I get to know the way Bitcoin works, the technical and more advanced parts of it, without having to learn the coding languages as I've never learned them before?
Pages:
Jump to: