Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell? - page 25. (Read 14650 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 260
September 16, 2017, 04:48:30 AM
For me because I'm not online all day and I have an offline work. What I do is set the price I want to sell. And I'm looking at it when I'm home tonight. There is also a win.

Good strategy, the only drawback is that you need to keep the money in the exchanges instead of the wallets...

it is always feels good that when you come back to check the exchange account the orders are all filled. you don't need to worry about the ups and downs by placing these orders

Bitcoin value changes day by day and it's the most important in the selling you will check the value you know the price and it will easy to sell it and you will get the profit for the bitcoin. Bitcoin is the profitability for the future purpose and you will gain for the bitcoin.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
September 16, 2017, 04:12:33 AM
For me because I'm not online all day and I have an offline work. What I do is set the price I want to sell. And I'm looking at it when I'm home tonight. There is also a win.

Good strategy, the only drawback is that you need to keep the money in the exchanges instead of the wallets...

it is always feels good that when you come back to check the exchange account the orders are all filled. you don't need to worry about the ups and downs by placing these orders
Activity: 756
September 16, 2017, 03:20:45 AM
Just set the limit to sell $150 higher, and buy when the price go down about $100. It will work if we forget our emotional.
You should always set a target in order to have a clear mind about when to sell or buy. It is advisable to sell of your coins when you have reached your value than waiting for more profit because often it leads to loss since we all know greed is an evil thing, so better avoid it.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
September 15, 2017, 02:36:25 AM
I think there are 2 moment for you to decide selling:
- Profit: If you already make a number profit so i think you should stop before the price is falling down cause you're earning enough as you expect.
- Main investment : When you're just buying a coin and 5 minutes later they down for 5% , please immediately sell it to make sure that you can keep the basic investment to trading. (cause that moment, price isn't at the bottom).
Activity: 168
September 14, 2017, 11:09:30 PM
If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

yes I do that, do the buying and selling orders and wait a while. I think it is a risk in trading, unless you are really ready to monitor the movement anytime.
Activity: 364
September 14, 2017, 09:15:26 PM
Buy, then wait until the price go up. Then sell. That is the easiest and the most simple way to sell, but it's effective. Some traders already know when they are going to buy and sell. Me ? I don't do trading because I think it's too risky everytime I make transactions. But there's a lot of people who succeed and have a lot of money because of trading. You need to understand the market and keep study. Because trading is one of the most popular way to get succeed in Bitcoin.  Wink
everything not simple like that? What is best time to buy? That's important. If you buy so high so can make your money stuck for long time
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
September 14, 2017, 07:02:44 PM
Buy, then wait until the price go up. Then sell. That is the easiest and the most simple way to sell, but it's effective. Some traders already know when they are going to buy and sell. Me ? I don't do trading because I think it's too risky everytime I make transactions. But there's a lot of people who succeed and have a lot of money because of trading. You need to understand the market and keep study. Because trading is one of the most popular way to get succeed in Bitcoin.  Wink
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
September 14, 2017, 06:16:44 PM

It's a good strategy if you want to avoid the hard feeling of seeing the price when falling back. What I do to decide when the right time of selling is not depending on my need. If there's a need to buy something or sustain with financial then I have no choice but to sell some of my mBTC's but if there's not I don't sell and just wait for the movement of price.

If you're not up to it, the price movements that is, better to just keep it safe in your wallet and as much as possible, if you have a day job, avoid withdrawing and use your salary for your expenses. We're not gonna be sure whether bitcoin will shoot up or go down like now so selling would depend on how you assess your needs and expenses

Also avoid try to monitor the price daily, this will make you sell your bitcoins at lower price now. If you decided and you really want to pursue yourself in selling your bitcoins make sure that it is not going to give you a regret when you see the price of it starts to increase because if you will have a regret, you can't recover it again at lower price.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
September 14, 2017, 02:33:17 PM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?
You were the one who got into the market and bought all the coins yourself so you should make that decision on when to sell yourself. It’s a matter of choice and not about any economic indicator, if it suits you to sell then go by it.
Yes thats right it will always depends on you when to sell if you have target price and then if its reach on that price then sell it with no doubt. Some people selling it then if they saw that the price is still stable then they sell it they have doubts that why they sell it. No doubt in selling that is a must.
Rightly said, I think the best technique to decide the best time to sell is this that you make a graph yourself which indicates that how much profit you want to earn from single Bitcoin. When you see the price of Bitcoin going that much high that it matches the amount of your profit, simply sell it and enjoy the money you had in return.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 14, 2017, 08:34:42 AM

It's a good strategy if you want to avoid the hard feeling of seeing the price when falling back. What I do to decide when the right time of selling is not depending on my need. If there's a need to buy something or sustain with financial then I have no choice but to sell some of my mBTC's but if there's not I don't sell and just wait for the movement of price.

If you're not up to it, the price movements that is, better to just keep it safe in your wallet and as much as possible, if you have a day job, avoid withdrawing and use your salary for your expenses. We're not gonna be sure whether bitcoin will shoot up or go down like now so selling would depend on how you assess your needs and expenses
Activity: 2996
Merit: 600
September 14, 2017, 07:44:51 AM

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
September 14, 2017, 06:59:43 AM

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005
September 14, 2017, 06:16:36 AM
For me because I'm not online all day and I have an offline work. What I do is set the price I want to sell. And I'm looking at it when I'm home tonight. There is also a win. Once again, when I see that fast enough I do not put the automatic sell first. Because my tubes might have been bigger, I was watching. That way I'm really paying for it. But now the Bitcoins have fallen at the same time the fall of the Altcoins and since investing my Bitcoins on Altcoins it is falling. It is difficult to accept but I really need to wait until I recover from my losses. Because if i'm going to sell it now I'm going to lose more

This is good strategy setting limit and selling. But still, we have to watch how the market will is going on every day at least once. If you are not a day trader, then it's ok, but if you invested money in any altcoins or bitcoins we have to watch the price chart then only it will help us to take the right decision. I will also fix one target amount for all coins once the price crossed that price I will sell my coins.
Activity: 98
Merit: 11
September 14, 2017, 06:08:36 AM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

What's your strategy?
When you decided to invest your money in bitcoin it was a personal decision and choice and I think the latter too is about making the decision, if it suits you to sell at a specific price then that’s fine, if it doesn’t suit you its still ok.
Activity: 1111
Merit: 255
September 14, 2017, 05:10:30 AM
For me because I'm not online all day and I have an offline work. What I do is set the price I want to sell. And I'm looking at it when I'm home tonight. There is also a win. Once again, when I see that fast enough I do not put the automatic sell first. Because my tubes might have been bigger, I was watching. That way I'm really paying for it. But now the Bitcoins have fallen at the same time the fall of the Altcoins and since investing my Bitcoins on Altcoins it is falling. It is difficult to accept but I really need to wait until I recover from my losses. Because if i'm going to sell it now I'm going to lose more
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
September 14, 2017, 04:06:28 AM
i decide to sell my altcoins. when i noticed that i have a good and high profit to me. when i realized that the value of my altcoins doesnt rise high more. and lastly i decide to sell my altcoins when i really needed money. even if it low or high when i need it then i sell it.
your step is very precise, you must sell altcoin when it is good price and is in need. holding the coins too long is also not good because at any time the price of coins can drop drastically so when the price has reached the highest point better sold.
You have rightly said. Holding the Bitcoin for quite a longer time can result in loss but it can also result in having a lot of profit as well. I think if you want to play a safe game, then better is not to go for long term holding. You need to have something in your mind that you will sell you Bitcoins when this much profit I’ll be getting.

Holding is good but it can go the other way too if the price of bitcoin crash in future then your holding would go in vain so the best thing would be to sell your coins when it hits your target price as getting too greedy can also have negative impact on your profits so better to sell when price goes higher and buy it back when price drops.
Activity: 966
Merit: 517
September 14, 2017, 03:50:33 AM
i decide to sell my altcoins. when i noticed that i have a good and high profit to me. when i realized that the value of my altcoins doesnt rise high more. and lastly i decide to sell my altcoins when i really needed money. even if it low or high when i need it then i sell it.
your step is very precise, you must sell altcoin when it is good price and is in need. holding the coins too long is also not good because at any time the price of coins can drop drastically so when the price has reached the highest point better sold.
You have rightly said. Holding the Bitcoin for quite a longer time can result in loss but it can also result in having a lot of profit as well. I think if you want to play a safe game, then better is not to go for long term holding. You need to have something in your mind that you will sell you Bitcoins when this much profit I’ll be getting.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
September 13, 2017, 09:58:57 AM
yeah when you need cash you better sell it. actualy in cryptocurrency you can earn good profit not only buying but also selling in some point.

You should focus on making regular profits and that is possible only with trading and its also better then only holding your coins as holding will never give you regular profits so whenever you are making some profits without waiting longer you should sell your coins and buy them back price goes down again.
I think it is only the matter of difference in strategy. One may want to get regular profits so they must have to indulge themselves in trading, especially day trading. If you have enough money and want to use extra money then holding is amazing as the prices always tend to go higher. Stick to your strategy in either cases.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
September 13, 2017, 08:11:55 AM

What's your strategy?
I always monitoring the price of my coins in blockfolio. For me monitoring the chart and the price of the coin is a good way for us to create a wise and good decision to sell our coins.
that'll become a boring job and way to do, how about switching over to bot, you set up the price you have targeted and just leave until few days.
by the way, monitoring will increase your anxious and doubtfulness about whether you need to make decision at that time or not. more confusing ofcourse.
Activity: 910
September 13, 2017, 08:11:08 AM
when it is time to sell, then you should sell.  But there has no such a real time that we should sell  ,BTC will have  bright future  in the  next 100 years.  This is my belief
Pages:
Jump to: