Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell? - page 21. (Read 14650 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 517
October 07, 2017, 07:00:01 AM
If i don't have time to sell coin, i just hold it, because every coin will pump again. No one can say how long i should hold my coin, because it vary from pump to pump. I use my personal inuition and knowledge.
With this little knowledge you have right now, I think it is quite authentic and valid. Every wise and smart trader will advise you to make a strong strategy of how you sell and buy. Especially for selling, either you use margin based or you are just holding without any daily tension. See the price charts carefully, do your homework, make plan and then sell accordingly.
It is quite an easy task for you if you have to decide about the buying and selling of your bitcoins. According to my personal experiences, selling a bitcoin is not at all a good option under any possible circumstance.

Yeah buying is quite beneficial and you should focus on it so that you can have an increment in the collection of your BTCs at the end of the day instead of losing them for pity things.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
October 06, 2017, 07:11:13 PM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?

I decide when to sell whenever the price is high, because who want to have a lower profits if you can have a higher one if you just keep it for a while. In this business you need to have a lot of patience because some coins worth nothing at first but after a month or a couple of months their value will rise back up and you can get even triple the price it was before. So you need to keep it first and do mot be so greedy when it becomes to money. The right time for the right price.

Selling at higher price can be profitable at all time because you can eventually wait for the right time. Having patience can be so hard for those holding a volatile coin and yet so challenging when the price will surge at a certain price that will give you more earnings since from the beginning you been waiting for that good price to come.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
October 06, 2017, 05:56:50 PM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?

I decide when to sell whenever the price is high, because who want to have a lower profits if you can have a higher one if you just keep it for a while. In this business you need to have a lot of patience because some coins worth nothing at first but after a month or a couple of months their value will rise back up and you can get even triple the price it was before. So you need to keep it first and do mot be so greedy when it becomes to money. The right time for the right price.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
October 06, 2017, 12:04:56 AM
This may be the best way to manage bitcoin and to benefit from the need for a good plan, and of course planning and analysis is required in this trading or investment activity because to minimize the losses that will occur when conducting business.
Activity: 602
Merit: 252
October 05, 2017, 10:39:49 PM
Before I sell, I do glance at some of the news to check whether there are forks ahead. If it does affect pricing within the first few hours of it's implementation I would sell my BTC an convert in to fiat currency. Then if the pricing starts climbing again, I'll buy in some BTC and hodl until the pricing reach a stable zone. Thus, generating some profit with that being said, some of the profit might or can be invested in altcoin for future usage and investments. Key points: check for the latest news, check price chart often, and hodl.
That's a good way to keep track of the price moves and proceed the selling. I used to change only on emergency requirements, during which price will not be given consideration. If it's  a planned selling, then used to fix a price and on reaching the same used to sell.
Activity: 237
October 05, 2017, 10:24:24 PM
Before I sell, I do glance at some of the news to check whether there are forks ahead. If it does affect pricing within the first few hours of it's implementation I would sell my BTC an convert in to fiat currency. Then if the pricing starts climbing again, I'll buy in some BTC and hodl until the pricing reach a stable zone. Thus, generating some profit with that being said, some of the profit might or can be invested in altcoin for future usage and investments. Key points: check for the latest news, check price chart often, and hodl.
Activity: 602
October 05, 2017, 09:53:12 PM
It depends, when I invest I try to buy when the price is low depending on monthly or three monthly prices, and sell when they reach the peak price, never panic while buying low and selling high, just wait for the correct time.

Deciding when its time to sell is a very tough and hard decision because you really dont know the equivalent of it.Just be wise to monitor if you want a bigger profit and read some news about what you want sell.Be patience about it and hold if you think that there is a chances to multiply of what you want to sell.Just be updated if you want a better profit.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Investor on the move ~ Where's the profits???
October 05, 2017, 07:35:44 PM
It depends, when I invest I try to buy when the price is low depending on monthly or three monthly prices, and sell when they reach the peak price, never panic while buying low and selling high, just wait for the correct time.
Activity: 434
Merit: 263
October 05, 2017, 07:33:25 PM
I think that it's really difficult to find the point of enter to the market but it's more difficult to decide when you will close your position. I think it depends of your own aim often.
Activity: 82
October 05, 2017, 06:25:17 PM

What's your strategy?

Well for, as a seller I think i might be decide during the free time, I think for way that there is high price of bitcoin, I gonna be so incredible if we are getting online at all times so we need to wait for the seek of high value we need. Basically it is easy for us to wait for that particular time, then i think there is a increasing value, sometimes it will fall then it will rise again, well we have to focus on in order to achieve what is the higher value.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002
October 05, 2017, 06:19:16 PM
It depends a lot, sometimes when i invest 0.10 btc in a trade, i set my stop profit when it reaches 0.11, so i make a fixed profit from almost all trades. And it depends, i made a trade of 1 btc a few months ago, and i put it to take profit at 1.10 btc. Obviously this rates were when the price was so much volatile, in July i guess, but now the market is much more quiet than before.

I dont think so as today also the market is fluctuating more then 100$ everyday it is just you have to set the price for buying and selling and get profit.
Activity: 650
Merit: 500
October 05, 2017, 05:09:52 PM
It depends a lot, sometimes when i invest 0.10 btc in a trade, i set my stop profit when it reaches 0.11, so i make a fixed profit from almost all trades. And it depends, i made a trade of 1 btc a few months ago, and i put it to take profit at 1.10 btc. Obviously this rates were when the price was so much volatile, in July i guess, but now the market is much more quiet than before.
Activity: 102
October 05, 2017, 05:06:17 PM
It depends on a lot of things. Your needs. The situation. The price. The market movement. It's up to the person who's selling to know which of these reasons apply as all here are valid for one to sell the coins they have. Sometimes we're left wih no choice but to sell if we're in need of money. So as long as it benefits you, sell.
For me, i will decided to sell my bitcoin based on the situation, that i really need it,  because of the price that getting higher. Well it is time to sell bitcoin, when we will see a good percentage of profit that we may get into our investment, and it is good to sell, when my profit expectations will be reach my only one target of percentage. Also i will sell my bitcoin when i get 60 to 70 percent above of profit that I'm going to earned.
Activity: 280
Organic PR on Tier 1 media
October 05, 2017, 03:13:44 PM
when I saw good percentage of profite regarding on my investment then I decide it's time to sell.
that's good option, do you set any aim for profit percentage ? because when i invest i aimed for a profit and price of bitcoin, when price come to my plan then i sell my coin.
Activity: 414
October 05, 2017, 02:06:56 PM
when I saw good percentage of profite regarding on my investment then I decide it's time to sell.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
October 05, 2017, 03:01:32 AM
I do decide to sell when my profit expectation reached my target percentage. I used to set atleast 30-50% of my investment but if i feel that investment could still go higher i still hold but if i dont feel it i sell it.
This is a very good idea to set some target in your mind, like how much profit you want to earn from your Bitcoin right at the time of buying Bitcoins. This will ease your mind and you will not face any difficulty in deciding the right time of selling your Bitcoins. I personally sell my Bitcoins at the time when I get 50-60 % of profit.
Activity: 994
Merit: 256
October 02, 2017, 05:04:05 AM
If i don't have time to sell coin, i just hold it, because every coin will pump again. No one can say how long i should hold my coin, because it vary from pump to pump. I use my personal inuition and knowledge.
With this little knowledge you have right now, I think it is quite authentic and valid. Every wise and smart trader will advise you to make a strong strategy of how you sell and buy. Especially for selling, either you use margin based or you are just holding without any daily tension. See the price charts carefully, do your homework, make plan and then sell accordingly.
Activity: 145
🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟
October 01, 2017, 04:43:00 AM
I do not sit all day on the Internet and do not follow the price movement, I just look at how high the price of the coin is from the moment of purchase and decide whether it is profitable for me to sell it now.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
October 01, 2017, 04:40:41 AM
I decide it's time to sell rarely. I'll choose a time over 6 months so the graphs I look at are quite zoomed out so I wait until huge news and see if a bull trend catches on and jumps out of the Bollinger Bands.

You really are trading for a very long time, how many percent of these trades do you earn? A lot of small amount of profit ends the trade.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
October 01, 2017, 04:16:16 AM
I realized that some events have an ambiguous effect on the price of bitcoins. For example, bans or permits for holding ICOs in countries always lead to  falling or increasing in price. Has anyone noticed such trends? I think understanding of such events is the key to deep understanding of this issue.
Pages:
Jump to: