Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell? - page 22. (Read 14650 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 260
October 01, 2017, 03:45:51 AM
If i don't have time to sell coin, i just hold it, because every coin will pump again. No one can say how long i should hold my coin, because it vary from pump to pump. I use my personal inuition and knowledge.
Activity: 105
Merit: 100
October 01, 2017, 02:50:35 AM
I do decide to sell when my profit expectation reached my target percentage. I used to set atleast 30-50% of my investment but if i feel that investment could still go higher i still hold but if i dont feel it i sell it.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 500
September 29, 2017, 11:23:09 AM
I usually sell when I reach 7-10% profit in a day and limit trade when the market is showing down. I think this will reduce the anxiety of everyone and they should calm down when selling at cheap rates
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
September 29, 2017, 11:19:40 AM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?

Well, what I did was when the value is high its time to sell while when the value is cheap, I guess its time to buy. This was the basic rules in doing trade in the market. Just simple as that Wink
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
September 29, 2017, 09:18:09 AM
If i know it will go down and will be so long to recover i usually sell then wait for it to go down then i buy and wait for it to go up.
Activity: 182
September 29, 2017, 08:54:08 AM
It is all about the day how the trend is I check the news weather there will be panic in the market will raise. I immediately Book my profit This is how I deside.
Activity: 297
September 29, 2017, 08:12:13 AM
When the price is high, that's when I sell. When the low price I will hold it, menuggu high price.

Yes, that is the right decision. We can sell bitcoin when its price was really high and when its price is getting low we need to wait until its price rise again. When you sell your bitcoin on its low price maybe that is your regret because bitcoin price was fluctuating and it is rapidly increasing the price. So just wait and earn a high profit.
In my opinion, there is no other good way of deciding the time of selling than making his own mind like the amount of profit he wants to earn from Bitcoins.

I sell the Bitcoins quite often but when I do sell my Bitcoins I make sure that I am getting at least 60% of the profit on each single Bitcoin.
Activity: 308
Presale is live!
September 28, 2017, 10:31:15 PM
I decide it's time to sell rarely. I'll choose a time over 6 months so the graphs I look at are quite zoomed out so I wait until huge news and see if a bull trend catches on and jumps out of the Bollinger Bands.
Activity: 633
Merit: 101
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
September 26, 2017, 08:07:34 PM
I'm trying not to be greedy, i sell when the price is higher than when i buy. Sometime i'm waiting for higher price but the dump started.
But by split my coin to sell at different price, i still can get big profit
Activity: 1162
Merit: 258
1xbit.com
September 26, 2017, 07:54:46 PM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.

What's your strategy?
If what you say happens is already a trader risk, maybe if it happened to me, I would look for another coin because if I insist on buying maybe not profit. I only take profit if the price is higher than what I bought, if I set up too high while the price is still higher then I will sell it even though only making a small profit.
Activity: 406
Merit: 105
September 26, 2017, 07:08:06 PM
as for me. i will keep monitoring if the price gone higher then that's the time i will sell my coins but still depends on the situation. i'd rather keep my coins for emergency purposes in the future that way it is more valuable.
Activity: 379
Merit: 251
September 26, 2017, 06:49:21 PM
I decide when it's time to sell when there is a bull rush. This usually occurs after something good, like that Sign Guy and Draghi Chairman of the EU said Bitcoin can't be regulated. But only a little every several years otherwise it's buy and hold for long term.
Activity: 672
Merit: 127
September 26, 2017, 07:08:58 AM
We should learn how to buy first. Then we will know how to sell them in the market. Research also the coins that you are buying if it has a potential to grow. Follow the news in crypto and learn from others. Also learn from your own experience. That's the way of my trading. Cheers!!!! Cool
Activity: 368
Merit: 104
September 26, 2017, 05:28:38 AM
I always research before selling because my aim is to make always profit for at least 30 to 40% on the investment I made otherwise I will hold until I make the profit on it. This is my minimum target for selling the coins in the market.
Well, it is important that the coin you choose to invest, if it is truly potential, profits from 30% to 40% will probably come true, but vice versa if it is not potential, the best is that we should sell it as soon as possible when we have a profit, so we need to research carefully before investing. And I think the time to sell has been decided since we invested, we have relied on a lot of factors to determine the goals we want to achieve, if the goal is achieved, we will sell and vice versa
I think you are talking about getting a fixed ratio of profit. That is amazing id you are really trying and working under this idea. Besides holding, in trading, it is so important to put you bitcoins and then at the end of day if you are getting that much fixed ratio, just sell and buy more.

Activity: 644
Merit: 261
September 25, 2017, 10:43:07 PM

What's your strategy?

I just set up a target price and wait for it to be hit. I wouldn't mind if the price went higher because I accepted the fact that I cannot always sell at the top or buy at the bottom. Crypto trading is so volatile and if I don't set a target price and missed an opportunity to sell when I was in profit then I would be disappointed that's why after buying, I would immediately set a target profit because who knows someone or a group may pump the coin and we know that pumping a coin just last for a few minutes and if during that time, I was not able to set a selling price and it was reach then I lose my opportunity to sell during that time.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
September 25, 2017, 10:26:03 PM
I simply follow my needs. Maybe my advantage is that I don't buy bitcoins but earn them so I'm not so worried about the loss when the price goes down. I sell my coins or use bitcoin debit card when I need some extra funds but I'm always careful not to spend everything. When you sell it's important not to lose the funds you have invested.

Why we should not buy bitcoins. That will increase in future for sure. So everyone will looking to buy the bitcoins whenever they get the money. I do selling bitcoins whenever I am in need of money unless that I won't sell my coins and save it for future. You will definitely knows most of the people hold the bitcoin for long term. I am considering that as much savings as well as investment to grow.
Those people who did not brave enough or don't want to buy bitcoin usually feel insecure.
They are don't really believe in bitcoin and full of fears to lose their money value. You can do both earn and keep buying at once btw.
You should never sell your bitcoin as it is gonna so worthy in the future just hold it as long as possible.
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
September 25, 2017, 10:12:57 PM
BUY LOW - SELL HIGH

Based on this motto, the time to sell is when the price rises and time to buy is when the price is low. Wink

And that is what I always aim to do. The hard part is holding when you are stuck. You just want to sell and take your losses and keep trading when sometimes it just requires a bit of patience to wait until the price rebounds. Anyways, I haven't made much trading as it is hard to time the market and prefer to stick to the old buy on HODL. Tongue

It's very difficult to predict the price movement so a long-term passive investing strategy might be better Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003
September 25, 2017, 10:02:27 PM
BUY LOW - SELL HIGH

Based on this motto, the time to sell is when the price rises and time to buy is when the price is low. Wink

And that is what I always aim to do. The hard part is holding when you are stuck. You just want to sell and take your losses and keep trading when sometimes it just requires a bit of patience to wait until the price rebounds. Anyways, I haven't made much trading as it is hard to time the market and prefer to stick to the old buy on HODL. Tongue
Activity: 560
Merit: 112
September 25, 2017, 09:32:06 PM
I always monitored bitcoin through bitcoin ticker so this is the way I always do. I don't say it might worked to anyone else but it works for me. I put alerts on it, example if it reaches 4500$ greater than it alarms the same way when I made an alert 4300$ below. That's the first alert so i made the same alert but on 4501$ above and 4299$ below. I always sell at 4450$ as minimum but I have sell at 4900$ before. I always have time to it because I'm at home most of the time. Sometimes I verified my prediction to bitcoinwidom.com if bitcoin will be going up or not.
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
September 25, 2017, 09:17:16 PM
When the price is high, that's when I sell. When the low price I will hold it, menuggu high price.

Yes, that is the right decision. We can sell bitcoin when its price was really high and when its price is getting low we need to wait until its price rise again. When you sell your bitcoin on its low price maybe that is your regret because bitcoin price was fluctuating and it is rapidly increasing the price. So just wait and earn a high profit.
Pages:
Jump to: