Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you decide when it's time to sell? - page 20. (Read 14650 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 256
October 09, 2017, 03:19:06 AM
Maybe when the price goes up and with the price increase it can already get profits that match the target profit in a trade or investment of course at that time can sell the right bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
October 09, 2017, 02:27:48 AM
I decide that it's right time to sell by watching the graph, if the graph and anyone can see that it be is experienced enough, the graph goes to a high and then go down a little bit and then again go to that high again, this indicates the resistance and if enough funds get invested in it then the graph goes up, but it is rare that the investors will follow the increasing bitcoin price and the bitcoin price falls due to lack of investors investing in it, in the end it all depends on your ability to read the graphs, if you are able to do so then you can do pretty well in trading without any doubt.
Activity: 719
Merit: 250
October 09, 2017, 02:08:23 AM
I sell when I at least profited like 20% to 40% from my capital.
I don't want to hold it for too long because sometimes from holding too long you didn't know that you already missed the ceiling.
Better you also know what coins are profitable in short and long term.
Everytime I do trading I consider to sell my holdings when Ive already earn profit. This is my goal when trading an altcoins. But I also hold some altcoins for a long term basis it depends on how you balance your daily trading.
Activity: 242
Merit: 100
October 09, 2017, 01:58:28 AM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
When I see that there will be no growth or the coin has gone into a deep dump and the rise will not be very long, then why keep the money dead weight. In general, everything depends on the situation, sometimes I sell, so that the profit can be invested in another coin, since it is not attractive to sit on one coin.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
October 09, 2017, 01:19:46 AM
I sell when I at least profited like 20% to 40% from my capital.
I don't want to hold it for too long because sometimes from holding too long you didn't know that you already missed the ceiling.
Better you also know what coins are profitable in short and long term.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 252
October 09, 2017, 01:08:43 AM
Nobody wants to be monitoring the prices all day with the cursor on the sell button just waiting to click the mouse, so how do you decide when to sell?

If you set up an open order with a low target price, you'll be disappointed when the price climbs well above your target price.
If you set up an open order with too high a price, you might not sell at all.

What's your strategy?
I just open the order with a low target price, just getting a little profit and removing the risk is enough for me "play safe", if I have strong intuition and some information from a trusted source I will take a big risk.
copper member
Activity: 672
Merit: 270
October 09, 2017, 12:24:53 AM
I always sell my bitcoins when I am making enough profits from it as only holding is really boring for me so when I see higher price without waiting much I sell my coins and buy them back when price falls in future and I think that is the best way to make regular profits and I apply same principle even to altcoins as holding altcoins too long can be really risky.
In my kind of own way of selling my bitcoin, I decide to sell my bitcoin when I get the chance to be able to catch up the high value price of selling. Its rare for me to catch up the chance of knowing the high selling price of bitcoin because I am not online always, so i'll always grab it. And also catch up the chance to buy again when the buying price of bitcoin is in dumped state. Its like I'm going to make the wheel of my business keep turning and moving.
legendary
Activity: 1110
Merit: 1000
October 09, 2017, 12:16:10 AM
It all depends on my target price, before i trade i make sure i have plan for it, I study the chart and set the target selling price and i also cut losses. So by this i will be able to maximize the profit and lessen the lost. Planning and execution is very important when you are trading.
I also have my own strategy when it comes to selling my bitcoin. And yes, I always feel bored and tired of monitoring the prices of bitcoin. And monitoring the fluctuating price of bitcoin is sometimes can cause me headache. But then, I really have to look at it, I must be because i wanted to know also what are happening in prices of bitcoin in trade world. So when I see, the price of selling is in high value, the value that I think my bitcoin was deserved to be exchange then I sell it already, I'm tired of feeling lost whenever I didn't grab the chance.
Activity: 134
October 08, 2017, 10:30:11 PM
It all depends on my target price, before i trade i make sure i have plan for it, I study the chart and set the target selling price and i also cut losses. So by this i will be able to maximize the profit and lessen the lost. Planning and execution is very important when you are trading.

You got the point.
First the target, dont be too greedy.
Study the chart, you ll get the idea the possible outcome

That s the most important point.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
October 08, 2017, 08:50:29 PM
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
October 08, 2017, 08:48:15 PM
I always sell my bitcoins when I am making enough profits from it as only holding is really boring for me so when I see higher price without waiting much I sell my coins and buy them back when price falls in future and I think that is the best way to make regular profits and I apply same principle even to altcoins as holding altcoins too long can be really risky.
Activity: 134
October 08, 2017, 08:01:28 PM
it is not an easy answer.
I decide to sell or buy under certain percentage.

You have to make your goal in trading,
at percentage that is enough for you?
That is the time to buy or sell
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
October 08, 2017, 07:55:44 PM
It depends a lot, sometimes when i invest 0.10 btc in a trade, i set my stop profit when it reaches 0.11, so i make a fixed profit from almost all trades. And it depends, i made a trade of 1 btc a few months ago, and i put it to take profit at 1.10 btc. Obviously this rates were when the price was so much volatile, in July i guess, but now the market is much more quiet than before.

I dont think so as today also the market is fluctuating more then 100$ everyday it is just you have to set the price for buying and selling and get profit.
Of course, if you know to yourself that it rises up almost to your capital your going t0 sell it as well, but if the price value decrease or drop don't sell it of course, instead take the opportunity to buy some of it for additional profit while hold in a short or long term.
Everyone has simple thumb rule that buy low sell high and the answer lies in second part when prices are at peak and satisfying yourself then sell, those who sell at low meet high loss so don’t do like that wait for the desired value that is set in your mind and don’t sell all bitcoin you owe sell some of them so that if in future more price rises you can earn more.
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
October 08, 2017, 11:29:44 AM
It depends a lot, sometimes when i invest 0.10 btc in a trade, i set my stop profit when it reaches 0.11, so i make a fixed profit from almost all trades. And it depends, i made a trade of 1 btc a few months ago, and i put it to take profit at 1.10 btc. Obviously this rates were when the price was so much volatile, in July i guess, but now the market is much more quiet than before.

I dont think so as today also the market is fluctuating more then 100$ everyday it is just you have to set the price for buying and selling and get profit.
Of course, if you know to yourself that it rises up almost to your capital your going t0 sell it as well, but if the price value decrease or drop don't sell it of course, instead take the opportunity to buy some of it for additional profit while hold in a short or long term.
Activity: 518
October 08, 2017, 10:41:41 AM
I don't know how I guess that this time best for sell. I follow 24 hour high and low. I try for buy low rate and sell order set 24 hour high rate. other I follow investor. how may order this coin and seller.
Activity: 243
Blockchain with solar energy
October 08, 2017, 09:24:48 AM
I just look when the price grows too high from the moment of purchase and decide to sell. I do not prefer to wait too long and do not sell too fast, it can be understood in practice.
Activity: 443
Merit: 250
October 08, 2017, 05:55:58 AM
I do not sit all day on the Internet and do not follow the price movement, I just look at how high the price of the coin is from the moment of purchase and decide whether it is profitable for me to sell it now.
Only those who are victims of day trading are bound to stay online all the time to sell of their coins at the best time of making maximum profit with their coins. Moreover it is not easy to read charts and decide accordingly the future of your coin. What I personally do is reading the history of coin before investing into it and sells off them when they are pumping.
The history of the coin as you say is historically growth and development of the coin, right? Or it is only history chart price. Because I usually check history price to create my strategy, it will help me know the move of the whales use for the altcoin I want to invest.
Activity: 602
Merit: 259
October 08, 2017, 05:27:06 AM

as for me. i will keep monitoring if the price gone higher then that's the time i will sell my coins but still depends on the situation. i'd rather keep my coins for emergency purposes in the future that way it is more valuable.

Indeed one should not hurry of selling the coins as long as they are scared of loosing the money and putting themselves through the emotional stress out. If you are good investor with vision to achieve more than enough money then for you there is no selling point unless you decide it. For example, my goal is to have my bitcoin sold at 10K USD then I will wait until the prices hike to that point or even closer to that one. Now for this to happen it will take time and for sure in between that timeline there are going to be bug dumps and pumps of which I should not be afraid of if I really want to achieve my set goals. That's how it works for long term investment. Who knows might get lucky next year only. Better hold.

Activity: 882
Merit: 282
October 08, 2017, 02:32:43 AM
I did not set or have a limit on when to sell or buy.  Trading is a game of skills and your mind should be left to make such judgement. I personally allows the market to inform me when to sell my coins position and even when to activate an orders. I have been trying to use candlesticks pattern to determine when the trend has come to the end and when the new ones are starting.
Activity: 2828
Merit: 611
October 08, 2017, 12:32:30 AM
I do not sit all day on the Internet and do not follow the price movement, I just look at how high the price of the coin is from the moment of purchase and decide whether it is profitable for me to sell it now.
Only those who are victims of day trading are bound to stay online all the time to sell of their coins at the best time of making maximum profit with their coins. Moreover it is not easy to read charts and decide accordingly the future of your coin. What I personally do is reading the history of coin before investing into it and sells off them when they are pumping.
Pages:
Jump to: