Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you determine potentiality of any Altcoins? - page 8. (Read 12293 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Price is very significant in a project, but no one should judge the quality of a project by the price of the coin, because one thing we all know in the crypto space is that price is very volatile and can fail you at anytime.

I am talking out of experience now, I remember having a coin called regal coin in my possession which was worth about $10 after it hit the exchange and holding the coin to get to $100, but I was shocked when I woke up one morning and saw that the price of regal has dumped from $10 to $1, and very worthless as of today.

Every factor is important! Like you say Fasdorcas, some judge it by the price, others by team behind, some people look community,
whitepaper, popularity, etc.
   From all the factors form me community is the most important. How team interact with community, how much community is
involved. I also like to see public reactions.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
The potential of the coin will depends on the team itself. If they have a good concept but bad team, the potential is small.
If the team is not good, they will not doing any effort to support the coin price in the market, like buyback or periodic burning.
Even they can dump the token later and can causing permanent damage to token value. So, a strong, solid team is the main factor.
You are right, personally too, when choosing or deciding to invest in a project or even participate in the campaign, the 2 key things I look into are the TEAM and THE PRODUCT. I make sure I get all the necessary details about the team, when I check their linked in, I see how long they have been on it, their portfolio and I go extra mile in sending them mail to know if they are affiliated to the project.

The product aside team is very important, they might have a working team but does not have a product that will speak well of the team or the project, so a project must have product that I am sure in line with communities’ need and can really make waves in the market.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
Price is very significant in a project, but no one should judge the quality of a project by the price of the coin, because one thing we all know in the crypto space is that price is very volatile and can fail you at anytime.

I am talking out of experience now, I remember having a coin called regal coin in my possession which was worth about $10 after it hit the exchange and holding the coin to get to $100, but I was shocked when I woke up one morning and saw that the price of regal has dumped from $10 to $1, and very worthless as of today.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
We actually never be able to know the price prediction of the coin, so the price won't determine the potential of the coin.
But what we must know is about the project and how big is the awareness about the coin in the crypto sphere.
If the coin keep developing and run according the plan with a good marketing strategy, then the coin will have potential.
So indirectly, you are of the same opinion with me that we should only go into projects that are already existing and have reputations already, because this point is not going to work for projects that are still on Pre ICO, since nobody have participated that much for lone in a pre ICO project for them to really know how good it is and create review.

For pre ICO, the best is just to study the project very well before investing, know how valuable the product and services maybe and risk investing with little money pending the time they enter exchange, and even when they enter exchange, it still requires study, to see how it is being widely accepted by community.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
The feature of an altcoin I am interested in is their protocol. Also how they can help other people with their project? or how they can help another project that is already working. How their project solve every problem encountered by some people or services?
There are many altcoins nowadays that have common goals, some of them are just doing some tweaks on their project just to be different from others. I am much interested in unique projects.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 100
The potential of the coin will depends on the team itself. If they have a good concept but bad team, the potential is small.
If the team is not good, they will not doing any effort to support the coin price in the market, like buyback or periodic burning.
Even they can dump the token later and can causing permanent damage to token value. So, a strong, solid team is the main factor.
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
The ability to use a coin determines its potential value. I mean, if a coin is useful, it will grow in value.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
I think it is similar to any type of business. New altcoins will only succeed long term if they have a unique selling point (USP). I'd imagine that 99.99% of altcoins will never make money for anybody except the original creator(s). Those make pretty bad odds for the average person to be able to win. Innovation and security are two pretty important features that will be required in any new coin ideas

Very true to the present, it has lost countless money of the foolish believers, including me. I have regretted believing false and false information to me  Cheesy
Activity: 2702
Merit: 716
Nothing lasts forever
We know lot of Altcoin on the markets with different prices. How you determine which is most potential coin? What method are you using? Few people's are thinking those coin price growing well its potential coin. Do you think same?

I don't think that price growth could determine potentiality of coin. For me, I determine potential coin by uses. Its true few coins growth is good enough even there is no uses. But it's only temporary or by manipulated. But if you choose potential coin which have uses and team are too active to develop their platform then it might give you good returns on future.

So before invest on any existing coins you should determine which is potential coin and how it is. Don't just compare growth of price for alts.

What's your thoughts about it? Let's share knowledge and correct me if I am wrong.
Definitely no. A coin's price can never tell about it's potentiality. The price fluctuation is just another speculation and there can be many causes for the surge in price.
We cannot determine the potential of a coin with it's price. If it was so then bitcoin should have been having a bad potential since it dumped from $19k to $5k but it's not.
Bitcoin is having the highest potential among any other coins in the crypto market.

The potentiality of a coin can be observed just by knowing a few facts like the aim of the project, the team behind it, the time span of the project, the goals of the project etc..
Every things has an important role in it's place and if we feel that everything is right with the project then we can say that the coin might have a good potential.
Activity: 1079
Merit: 352
For me, low sats coin always guaranteed a pump, from xvg to trtl. The illusion of the low price still magic for the investor I think..

Also an active community, many of the low sats coins like xvg and xrp have fanatic followers from the beginning..maybe the term "scam pump the hardest" is true.
Activity: 588
What I learned recently is that the tokens have to be NOT JUST trade-able. But it has to have real life purpose. There should be a demand and a reason why people would keep on buying and selling. Otherwise, once it hit a bump, say a dump happened..it might have a hard time recovering- worst it might not recover at all.
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
We know lot of Altcoin on the markets with different prices. How you determine which is most potential coin? What method are you using? Few people's are thinking those coin price growing well its potential coin. Do you think same?

I don't think that price growth could determine potentiality of coin. For me, I determine potential coin by uses. Its true few coins growth is good enough even there is no uses. But it's only temporary or by manipulated. But if you choose potential coin which have uses and team are too active to develop their platform then it might give you good returns on future.

So before invest on any existing coins you should determine which is potential coin and how it is. Don't just compare growth of price for alts.

What's your thoughts about it? Let's share knowledge and correct me if I am wrong.
Potential comes from the development and real life usage as you mentioned but even if most of the altcoins have good team they failed to survive due to the bump and dump on the prices,so long term investors are afraid to hold their tokens even if it has good team behind it.

So holding tokens comes with risk but can reap high profits so just be ready to face losses or profits while investing on those tokens.
Activity: 1190
The requirements are clear for each project and the project teams should create something that supports the current ecosystem. If they gonna to create next useless then there is no logic to create it.
yes, a stable ecosystem, the strongest requirement for a survival project and to achieve that goal, fair commitment with hunters is very important. In competition that is unpredictable so that it cannot debate with anyone, what is important is that we try well and be careful in choosing.

I think the ecosystem in a project is very important. Because that ecosystem makes a project grow in the future. What the sandgluenick says is right. Be careful when choosing an altcoin or the right project.
Activity: 812

We actually never be able to know the price prediction of the coin, so the price won't determine the potential of the coin.
But what we must know is about the project and how big is the awareness about the coin in the crypto sphere.
If the coin keep developing and run according the plan with a good marketing strategy, then the coin will have potential.
Activity: 644
The requirements are clear for each project and the project teams should create something that supports the current ecosystem. If they gonna to create next useless then there is no logic to create it.
yes, a stable ecosystem, the strongest requirement for a survival project and to achieve that goal, fair commitment with hunters is very important. In competition that is unpredictable so that it cannot debate with anyone, what is important is that we try well and be careful in choosing.
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
I also identify as you. But no one can predict anything, maybe the alts you see are not good but in the end they raise the price very high. Before I invest in any platform, I look very carefully from the transaction to their platform.

Research should be done beforehand. If you have got big dreams and chose crypto world to let you achieve your goals, you better have to check for the most beneficent and appropriate coin for yourself. This only be possible if you have enough knowledge of market or even of domain. Only then it would make your way in this direction. Learn, research the project on basis on which you intend to lift a building.
Activity: 336

In order to determine which coin has good potential, I read a lot of information from various sources. First of all, these are news feeds of various exchanges about listings of new coins, as well as news channels where they often write useful information for investors.
Activity: 509
Merit: 250
Project development. If you see that the project is really moving and there is at least some actions on the gitHub, then I think you can already consider this project further. Exactly in this case there will be at least some possibility further.
I'm thinking also about project development and there have to be strong possibilites with the idea behind the projects and if the projects is really good than also it has to beat competitors about mile ahead.
Activity: 192
Merit: 1
The way I use to determine the potential of a coin is by taking my time ti go through their Whitepaper and see if what they are working on can easily be adopted in the conventional world. I take my time to go through the details of the team and their seriousness about it. I read expert reviews about it and also go through their Telegram community to see the reactions and activeness of those in it.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange
a good 70% is luck. The coin could even be really good, for team and what it's purpose on the blockchain, but often it doesn't matter if we consider it as investment for a future gain. Sometime it could take longer than we expect or sometime we won't have any profit.
Pages:
Jump to: