Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you feel about altcoin long-term performance? - page 4. (Read 888 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 255
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
You just stated the facts and sometimes I used to wonder what Bitcoin growth so far has caused many other altcoins out there if top altcoins like Ethereum are still not close to their ATH.
What I understood so far is, owing to the fact Bitcoin is highly dominating the entire market, all altcoins will be kept on check, where many will be struggling terribly to grow which might even lead to their possible death, few like Ethereum will be gathering a little attention left to grow, and that little growth so far is what will make Ethereum investors to keep holding on. Also, once Bitcoin dominance drops, that is, if at all it will because the attention so far is too interesting, then if that really happens, a lot of altcoins will have enough room to grow and Ethereum will surly lead the run hence probably attaining its ATH or even more. Nevertheless, the crypto space is unpredictable, therefore we can only predict what we think will happen while the rest is left to the market.
Additionally, what I learnt so far is, Bitcoin is the best when it comes to long term holding, and giving Bitcoin a huge portion of your portfolio looks like the best way to go about it.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
I would rather hold bitcoin for long term than any altcoin, because most altcoin tends to be fail. The only altcoin I could afford to risk for long-term hold is ethereum and bnb. I love the fact that there are constant developments in ethereum and bnb holds its credibility to the binance exchange which happens to be the largest and most popular cryptocurrency in the world.
As long as they have good technology, meaning accurate real use cases, I think these altcoins will still can survive, for example NEO, Litecoin and other top coins that have good technology, even though now their prices are far from ATH, they can still survive
Activity: 276
Merit: 1
I would rather hold bitcoin for long term than any altcoin, because most altcoin tends to be fail. The only altcoin I could afford to risk for long-term hold is ethereum and bnb. I love the fact that there are constant developments in ethereum and bnb holds its credibility to the binance exchange which happens to be the largest and most popular cryptocurrency in the world.
Activity: 2184
Merit: 100
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
These are the top coins you compare with BTC/Usd there are some other altcoins not top coins also rise higher than its previous all time high. But I agree most of the altcoins drop hard as compare to BTC value. So I always advise set the target of selling and when market touch that price sell it & do not greed for more profit.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
There are several cryptocurrencies. Among them, some of the top 10 cryptocurrencies will rise with the price of Bitcoin. After all, there is a professional team to manage and own funds. There are other cryptocurrencies, some of which also have team management capabilities. This type of team can currently work normally, you can consider him. Of course some are dead. It is recommended not to consider this.

Even the top 10 altcoins are very different from each other. They include stablecoins such as USDT and USDC, Bitcoin forks such as Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin SV, established altcoins such as Ethereum and Litecoin, third generation cryptocurrencies such as Cardano and Chainlink, and finally shitcoins such as Ripple. Ever since the start of the current rally, none of these top-10 alts have grown at a pace which is higher than that of Bitcoin.
Activity: 966
Merit: 500
ethereum still has high hopes, in my opinion. Given the large community and very high number of users, it would be impossible for Ethereum to be abandoned. They have also done some development, although now the results are still not clearly visible because the too high gas fee has not been resolved
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
There are several cryptocurrencies. Among them, some of the top 10 cryptocurrencies will rise with the price of Bitcoin. After all, there is a professional team to manage and own funds. There are other cryptocurrencies, some of which also have team management capabilities. This type of team can currently work normally, you can consider him. Of course some are dead. It is recommended not to consider this.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
The success of a new project is all in the hands of the team, how hardworking and determined the team are is what will create success for the project, most new projects now are not reliable, very few have dedicated teams, to find out which altcoins is good for long term holding first make sure the team behind the project are real blockchain experts
I think most team members who are starting a new project in the world of crypto and blockchain are hardworking and dedicated because they won't be building a project if they don't have this kind of characteristic. The only problem with these team members is that they do not come up with a unique project and a promising development or progress to attract more investors; that is why they fail.
Activity: 656
Merit: 251
www.fintropy.io
I agree with you. Altcoins do not represent significant value in the market without bitcoin, so over the past few years, their value has decreased dramatically.
And this is not surprising, many altcoin holders waited too long without any changes, coin prices fell by 99%, and grew slowly. The only thing that can bring significant profit in the hold is bitcoin.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 163
It kinda suck that if you look that way but if you look at the start of this year, ETH had an initial price of $130 but look at the price right now, almost like 6x gained compared to Bitcoin. A year for me is considered long-term considering how volatile and fast the market in crypto is.

Anyway, that's only the case for the altcoins you've mentioned or altcoin who have been around for a very long time. Still, the price still depends on how the demand on the project is which is why some altcoins, even reputable ones, are dumping. Nonetheless, there were a lot of altcoins out there that gain more than Bitcoin or even more than ETH at the start of this year.
Activity: 2562
Merit: 577
The truth is altcoins aren't good for a very long term hold, you can easily figure this out looking at what happened to every good projects in 2017 compared to today's market value, the opportunities surrounding altcoins aren't that for long time, bitcoin stands apart from other altcoins clearly

Perhaps you mean some alts, to me long term means from the very first moment a project is launched and not just ATH period, it is true some of the top alts are far from their previous ATH but it doesn't discredit their performance for long term,
If i were to be holding eth since from ico period till now believe me I won't worry about ATH neither will I assume the project haven't perform long term because that will be misleading.
Activity: 784
Merit: 21
The success of a new project is all in the hands of the team, how hardworking and determined the team are is what will create success for the project, most new projects now are not reliable, very few have dedicated teams, to find out which altcoins is good for long term holding first make sure the team behind the project are real blockchain experts
Activity: 1302
Merit: 577
avatar and signature space for rent !!!
It is obvious that the most secure investment is Bitcoin. Even today, most of the altcoins are on the decline while Bitcoin is up a little. Maybe very few altcoins will be valuable in the future, but Bitcoin will always be the most preferred coin.

I think that altcoin must be usefull in future but not to copy the most successful projects.
For example, now some ecological projects appear that using altcoins help to protect the planet from pollution.
Here information about this - https://moss.earth/blog.
An the demand in such tokens will only grow because Earth needs more protection with every year.

If they want to protect the planet you don't need to create a token just for that goal you can do it even without the need of others peoples funds or without the need of a project. Not sure why you mention that project here, the demand of any tokens will decrease as long as there is no demand or use cases in that particular tokens . You can only see successful tokens if the developers is really working hard for it's creation .
legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
be patient, holding altcoins for a long term is very risky, as we can see now the Bitcoin price has started to recover, even broke the all time high before, now we are just waiting for the altcoin season like last 2017. I'm sure it will come

2017 altcoin bull run happened because of ICO and blockchain hype. Now Bitcoin is rising because of institutional investors, and this isn't going to transfer to altcoins, because they don't view shitcoins as digital gold. They also aren't interested in DeFi, because it would be stupid for them to switch to unregulated platforms with no investor protection that are prone to bugs and hacks. Altcoin season was a one-time thing, hoping for return means just suffering more and more losses.
Activity: 406
Merit: 103
Bitcoin is already 20% higher than it's previous ATH: $20,000 -> $24,000

Ethereum is 2 times lower than its ATH in USD and more than 4 times lower than its BTC ATH. Bcash used to cost a whopping $12,000 at one moment, now it costs $300. XRP went from $3 to $0.6

And these are top coins, so I'm not even going to start recounting how many coins went to zero in the last few years.

It's pretty clear that holding any altcoin for years will lose your money, either by losing compared to BTC, or by straight up losing USD value.
be patient, holding altcoins for a long term is very risky, as we can see now the Bitcoin price has started to recover, even broke the all time high before, now we are just waiting for the altcoin season like last 2017. I'm sure it will come
Activity: 2086
Merit: 603
Bitcoin is already 20% higher than it's previous ATH: $20,000 -> $24,000

Ethereum is 2 times lower than its ATH in USD and more than 4 times lower than its BTC ATH. Bcash used to cost a whopping $12,000 at one moment, now it costs $300. XRP went from $3 to $0.6

And these are top coins, so I'm not even going to start recounting how many coins went to zero in the last few years.

It's pretty clear that holding any altcoin for years will lose your money, either by losing compared to BTC, or by straight up losing USD value.

Actually this is very good analysis based on the data present from past. It's really thinkable I mean, all the top altcoins including ether itself is swimming around the bottom. The year 2017 was something when all of them shown us how far they could go but sadly they have not kept their promises this year although BTC hiked way too much.

It is clear case that popularity is must factor for investors to invest into them. Bitcoin is like center point of crypto currency so it's user base will never go down. In fact people tend to sell their altcoins for BTC when the later one is out performing.
Activity: 201
Merit: 1
It is obvious that the most secure investment is Bitcoin. Even today, most of the altcoins are on the decline while Bitcoin is up a little. Maybe very few altcoins will be valuable in the future, but Bitcoin will always be the most preferred coin.

I think that altcoin must be usefull in future but not to copy the most successful projects.
For example, now some ecological projects appear that using altcoins help to protect the planet from pollution.
Here information about this - https://moss.earth/blog.
An the demand in such tokens will only grow because Earth needs more protection with every year.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 275
BitByte Crypto: https://link3.to/bitbytecrypto

Agree for not to keep a long term hodling when it's about alts. But we might be see a new ATH( on USD pair) for all top alts whenever the alt season is going to be started. But i personally don't think that alts will be able to surpass the previous ATH on BTC pair as we don't know what will be the upcoming new ATH for bitcoin. Basically, everything is unpredictable and hoping for a new ATH for all of those altcoins.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 329
Don't compare it how it lose in USD value or in BTC value. It always depend how much you enter in that currency for example if you bought ethereum in early this year which is around 100$ you already earn almost 500% of your investment. You calculate it only base on  its ATH but you never see how profitable altcoin will be if you can entry in the right price.  Buying altcoin on  its ATH is very very wrong decision and too risky.
Activity: 2366
Merit: 504
I mean it's not fair to compare the ATH between bitcoin and alts while they all have their own cycle.
But, if we are talking about its long term prospect since the alts was released more specifically the major coins it's already satisfying enough.

The dilemma of holding alts for long term is that it can be crushed anytime bitcoin make a move which is kinda bafd.
Pages:
Jump to: