Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you feel about altcoin long-term performance? - page 5. (Read 847 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 28
The truth is altcoins aren't good for a very long term hold, you can easily figure this out looking at what happened to every good projects in 2017 compared to today's market value, the opportunities surrounding altcoins aren't that for long time, bitcoin stands apart from other altcoins clearly
Activity: 224
Let's for once stop comparing 2020 bullrun with that of 2017 because they are very different, the triggered the bullrun in 2017 is different to what triggered this year bullrun, don't expect them to perform the exact same way, altcoin season will come for sure but probably not this year anymore because bitcoin is still very bullish, no altcoin season if Bitcoin is still going up
Activity: 1302
Merit: 115
Pepemo.vip
It is obvious that the most secure investment is Bitcoin. Even today, most of the altcoins are on the decline while Bitcoin is up a little. Maybe very few altcoins will be valuable in the future, but Bitcoin will always be the most preferred coin.
Activity: 2786
Merit: 578
Only a very few alt would perform with bitcoin's dominance. Ethereum, for me, is quite good this time. The price it has been with before is too low and seeing it $600 would make me feel confident about it. Investing on bitcoin first is the safest option and the next option if one wants to invest in altcoins would be the choice of Ethereum.

It's pretty clear that holding any altcoin for years will lose your money, either by losing compared to BTC, or by straight up losing USD value.
I agree on this. For most altcoins, invested is about to lose that's why bitcoin is the safe haven for investing in crypto.
Activity: 493
Eventually altcoins will keep up to Bitcoin, especially in the top 100.
Personally I will trade altcoin JUST to earn more Bitcoin. For long term, I'm just holding Bitcoin and Ethereum
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
Bitcoin is already 20% higher than it's previous ATH: $20,000 -> $24,000

Ethereum is 2 times lower than its ATH in USD and more than 4 times lower than its BTC ATH. Bcash used to cost a whopping $12,000 at one moment, now it costs $300. XRP went from $3 to $0.6

And these are top coins, so I'm not even going to start recounting how many coins went to zero in the last few years.

It's pretty clear that holding any altcoin for years will lose your money, either by losing compared to BTC, or by straight up losing USD value.
Don't worry yourself, bitcoin isn't done yet that's why all altcoins are still not pumping big like they did in 2018, bitcoin have to get done before shifting the power to altcoins, all what's happening presently is simply opportunities to buy more altcoins, once bitcoin is done altcoin season will begin, the dominance is still very high so it might take longer before bitcoin runs out of power
Activity: 2254
Merit: 831

Ethereum is 2 times lower than its ATH in USD and more than 4 times lower than its BTC ATH. Bcash used to cost a whopping $12,000 at one moment, now it costs $300. XRP went from $3 to $0.6

And these are top coins, so I'm not even going to start recounting how many coins went to zero in the last few years.
Bitcoin dominates the marketcap and capital flow on the market. Bitcoin has better long-term performance than altcoins but if shit DeFi tokens can get much hype in this year, I expect to see top altcoins climb to their all time highs again. Break through all time highs and set up new records will be crazy. I think altcoins can do it next year.

You are right as they can climb to all time highs in USDT along with a ride from BTC, but in their BTC values I am not sure. If top altcoins reach their all time highs in 2018 with BTC values, it will mean their USDT values might hit a new all time highs, and they are double of 2018 values.
Activity: 199
Merit: 1
I won't even be that worried for those top coins, we know that once BTC slows down, that's when these altcoins will start to rise up. I have a feeling that especially ETH will start pumping next.

Regarding long-term performance, you can see from coins that are doing continuous progress despite being the space for so very long. Everyone thought that ETH will pump up after the ETH 2.0 launch but it didn't, you just have to be patient, similar to coins that are doing the same thing (continuously making progress) like NAV. It's currently at 500th on CMC but you can see it slowly getting back up and getting on in the front seat from their AMA with Binance.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

Pages:
Jump to: