Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you feel about market regulation? - page 9. (Read 3055 times)

Activity: 484
Merit: 250
Market regulation is very important, it will bring public confident and global acceptance of bitcoin, but let the regulation not be in totality, bitcoin just need a partial regulatory control, to prevent activity of scammer,

What you say really can not happen, in fact, Bitcoin is a completely decentralized currency, it is not subject to any regulation. And there are certainly no rules to stop the activities of the scammers. We have to protect ourselves!
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
There's been a lot of talk about submitting the Bitcoin economy to governmental regulation and, frankly, it scares the hell out of me. One of the reasons I'm so excited about Bitcoin is because it presents the same promise of a fully free market that cash does without all the problems surrounding a fiat currency.

Personally, I am strongly against Bitcoin regulation. I believe the market is completely capable of caring for itself and regulation would simply expand government intrusion into people lives. I can see no benefit and a lot of detriment.

What do you think? Do you think the Bitcoin economy should be regulated? If so, to what extent?

Rage

Regulation sounds safety, reliability and credibility. But for some reasons, other people do not like regulations because there might be some issues with the regulators.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
DOMINIUM - Decentralised property platform
I don't worry much about bitcoin to be regulated as long as it brings good effect to crypto investors especially to their invested money. In our country, bitcoin regulation is yet to be crafted first before i can feel how it really feels like to be in a country where bitcoin is regulated. Besides, i am also willing to pay tax if at any moment the government will impose a tax to my crypto earnings.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
The decline in bitcoin prices follows investor concerns over regulatory upgrading in India and potential price manipulation in some major exchanges.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
Government regulating bitcoin is sick. We all know that government sow what ordinary citizens plant. i do not agree government regulating bitcoin. it will be the biggest mistake.

You are living in the country where government are ruling it so i think you or anyone cannot do any thing to stop government from regulating it. As they know that they cannot control cryptocurrency that is why they are regulating it so that if anyone want to use cryptocurrency then have to follow the regulation if not it will become like you are doing illegal activity. So i think regulating is not bad but have to see that they dont control the cryptocurrency and its followers. Then it will become like other investments type which government  are controlled by them.
Activity: 656
Merit: 104
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Cryptocurrency is unmanageable and it will last forever. Because they are in the second part of the world that anyone can not touch with the rules, except the users. But whether the user is in the same world with cryptocurrency? Or do we as users are in the two worlds?
Activity: 308
Merit: 14
Market regulation is very important, it will bring public confident and global acceptance of bitcoin, but let the regulation not be in totality, bitcoin just need a partial regulatory control, to prevent activity of scammer,
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
There's been a lot of talk about submitting the Bitcoin economy to governmental regulation and, frankly, it scares the hell out of me. One of the reasons I'm so excited about Bitcoin is because it presents the same promise of a fully free market that cash does without all the problems surrounding a fiat currency.

Personally, I am strongly against Bitcoin regulation. I believe the market is completely capable of caring for itself and regulation would simply expand government intrusion into people lives. I can see no benefit and a lot of detriment.

What do you think? Do you think the Bitcoin economy should be regulated? If so, to what extent?

Rage

It really made me feel secure enough to invest in crypto currencies. Regulation is a must so that people will not try to scam us since because of that.
I think this will be a symbiotic mutualism because with regulation will certainly provide benefits for both? with regulation. then there will be many parties and merchants who will then accept bitcoin. of course bitcoin will be more secure because many people will start to believe in bitcoin. the government will get taxes and other mutual benefits
Activity: 504
Merit: 102

Rage

It really made me feel secure enough to invest in crypto currencies. Regulation is a must so that people will not try to scam us since because of that.
PIR
Activity: 322
CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10
Well I wouldn't say it's not but it can be right now..maybe in the future depending on the condition and the agreement of the people behind it, and if it take place.. it will take time before it can be regulate because lot of things to consider and the process would be complicated.
Activity: 81
Merit: 0
I think bitcoin should be moderately regulated. Now the encrypted world is also full of negative factors. Some moderate regulation can regulate community's better development.
Activity: 910
Merit: 509

Rage

I think the way how crypto system works right now is just fine. However, I think as cryptocurrency is gaining government's attention, it will be slowly regulated but I think in a good way. The government will most likely should regulate ICOs as we all know that there are a lot of ICOs that are scamming investors. If ICOs will have some legal requirement before the ICO stage, I think the chance of getting scammed in ICO investment will be less likely to happen.
At this stage, I do not think the statement should longer be 'IT WILL' as it is already being regulated in some places and we are already seeing how far that is going. Japan simply started with that open level to it in terms of regulation, Australia did the same thing, I guess states is trying to see what they can do as well to just not choke the whole new development. Regulation however should not bring much issue to the space but a lot of development and even more adoption.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
I think bitcoin and cryptocurrencies should be adopt and regulate by the governments and financial institutions. Many evil people are using the decentralized nature of cryptocurrencies to defraud society.  Blockchain technology is one of the Best Human discovered but it has to be regulated.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
Market is tough and if the regulations increasing with time the bitcoin is suffering because of the bitcoin ban in many countries and taxes on bitcoin have influence bitcoin price badly.
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
Yes, I believe that the crypto-currency market should be regulated. But not by governments of individual countries, but by the members of the crypto community themselves. It is those people who are really versed in Bitcoin and other crypto-currencies, are able to make decisions to provide better conditions for themselves. Governments pursue other goals. While those people who directly deal with crypto-currencies know what will be better for participants in the crypto-currency community.
It is a good thought to self regulate the entire market, but it is not that easy with this market as it does not have any boarders but countries could regulate the market according to their jurisdiction, moving forward regulation is inevitable but i personally do not like these regulations but i would like to see the ICO market regulated so that there will be no more scams.
Self-regulating? If I may ask? Who are the people that will be calling the shots, and what power do they have on a decentralized space or over government that would make that possible. Sure, exchanges, some platforms, may have their own policies but that would be limited to them, but having a self-central regulation is an impracticable thing that you and I both know will never work. In that case, where do you want to leave each country government in the picture?
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
Regulations will be on the part fiat/crypto exchange, i'm afraid all countries will try to control it. But crupto exchange and transactions - it is impossible to regulate it.
Simply, looking at other countries and how they will not like to miss the opportunity based on how the countries regulating it may be faring already, I believe over time, so many other countries will as well want to do the same just like you have said.

However, there is no reason to be afraid as this should usher in a very matured environment, considering how things would end up being in the cryptocurrency Eco space based on how people have been doing whatever they like in the past which would end up being zeroed out.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
I guess I'm all for crypto currency regulation but only if the regulation prevents money laudering and insider trading and other illegal crimes related to crypto currency. It just makes investing all the more safer and trustworthy. If the regulation goes into taxation and or a cap then i wouldn't agree at all.
Activity: 243
Merit: 101
This is just my thought, cryptocurrency market cap already reach more than 300billions dolar and its involving big money and involving many people in various country, regulation on cryptomarket is a must because it will at less to protect peoples money from being fraud
The way the crypto market is behaving and is making name in the international market, there are likely chances that this market will go even better and that the number of investors will also increase at a significant rate which will then result in higher market cap. So far, things are going in the best possible way and that if things keep on happening in a similar manner, then we can expect that we will be able to have a better future.
Activity: 162
There are very different opinions out there as I read.

On the one hand, some think it needs to be regulated centrally in order to be fully "legal" and transparent.

The other side though, they think it is good as long as governments do not really care about the incomes of trading - this comes from a group in a small CEE country.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 245
On the part of the state, it is necessary to regulate the status of the crypto currency, the conditions of its circulation in this country and its relations with other currencies, and the collection of taxes on profits in the crypto currency. These are positive moments in the activity of the crypto currency for its further development. Only those parties that proceed from the basic principles of the existence of the crypto currency are not subject to regulation by the state: its decentralization, even partial anonymity, its work on blockchein technology and others.
Pages:
Jump to: