Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you feel about market regulation? - page 8. (Read 3055 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 10
November 24, 2018, 04:53:26 AM
Regulatory may have become a fact in the future, and regulation is also good for cryptocurrencies. When regulators realize that investors can actively invest in ICO projects. The cryptocurrency market may move toward securitization.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
November 24, 2018, 02:15:49 AM
Governments can't regulate some cryptocurrencies that are decentralized except ripple and other coins with centralized structure. Only those with centralized structures can be regulated by the government like centralized cryptocurrency exchanges. Regulation is good for those who want to protect the cryptocurrencies from scams, money laundering and other illegal activities but not on restricting people from buying and selling cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
November 24, 2018, 12:35:22 AM
Thats why its not regulated - cos we as cyrpto - are just a spec of dust
November 24, 2018, 12:31:47 AM
It will be tiny - the team to deal with the latest tax avoidance schemes such as the EFERBS and the like is a handfull - lets not forget although we have money invested cyrpto currency is just a dot on the landscape of financial services - its frickin tiny - minuscule.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
November 24, 2018, 12:30:49 AM
regulation will actually make the government add some work that they must regulate about the market situation and how they can calm the public and overcome some problems if someone loses. and because of that busyness, surely the government will impose a tax for each bitcoin transaction and that will be burdensome for us. I agree, that bitcoin can maintain itself, so there is no need for regulation from the government. there might be other opinions.
regulation important for certainity about investors money.we didnt expect if someday suddenly government restrict all crypto transaction.and crypto holder could not acces their asset.they will suffering lot of money.so it is not about bitcoin could maintain itself.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
November 24, 2018, 12:26:35 AM
regulation will actually make the government add some work that they must regulate about the market situation and how they can calm the public and overcome some problems if someone loses. and because of that busyness, surely the government will impose a tax for each bitcoin transaction and that will be burdensome for us. I agree, that bitcoin can maintain itself, so there is no need for regulation from the government. there might be other opinions.
I think the government can easily create a special team to handle cryptocurrency regulations for mutual interests. and if it can be beneficial for crypto development why not? regulation in general will make your identity visible but surely there will be large mass adoption after regulation and legalization exist?
November 24, 2018, 12:09:07 AM
You cant tax 'bitcoin' - you can only tax or refund tax on the profits or losses made by the individual based on the country they live in - and these systems are already in place but just dont have the correct scope or ability or intelligence to do so - most tax relies on honesty.

You can years or even a lifetime without an inspection from the tax office as they dont know shit, especially if your shed accidentally burned down with all your paperwork in it. Wink

Tax is mostly about being up front and paying and reducing paranoia and feeling like your part of a greater good.

Regulation is needed because the industry looks like a ponzi scheme - people creating token here and there - people masternoding this and that - wrapping their crap in a bag and selling it for christmas to the desperate
Activity: 448
November 23, 2018, 11:55:17 PM

For me it would be best to implement regulations still, even if bitcoin can handle itself however this will help us also maintain and protect its name. I know there a lot of individuals who's not okay with it but for me this is the best.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
November 23, 2018, 11:33:37 PM
November 23, 2018, 11:24:50 PM
The reason it has to be regulated is because its sold by the few to the many under the guise of investment - when really its like betting on a horse.

The money has to come from somewhere - its doesnt grow on a tree. It doesnt have any 'value' at all as no real work has gone into it (in terms of the after effects, not the running)

I suspect that the OP just doesnt want to pay any tax, ie in it for yourself lifelong, doesnt want to make any input to a wider society and save for a big fence?  I am not into anarchy, I am too weak and feeble. Smiley

There should be a 'tobin tax' - payed by the exchange - a bit like how the gambling industry works here in the UK - they cercumvent most taxes but have to contribute through direct taxation to access the 'cattle market'.
Activity: 82
November 23, 2018, 10:52:39 PM
Well I wouldn't say it's not but it can be right now..maybe in the future depending on the condition and the agreement of the people behind it, and if it take place.. it will take time before it can be regulate because lot of things to consider and the process would be complicated.
Market regulation will definitely occur, because change cannot be avoided so that the cryptocurrency market is more passionate and accepted by all parties, including the government. Because the regulation is positive, without regulations there will be chaos in the economy.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
November 23, 2018, 07:12:36 PM
the most confused choice in history, where if we all disagree with regulating bitcoin, then what we get is prices that cannot be stable so it is very difficult to be adopted massively by the public as a payment system
whereas if we agree to regulate bitcoin in an agency, then we have eliminated the nature of transparency that has been with bitcoin and is the most important aspect of blockchain technology
Activity: 434
November 23, 2018, 05:33:17 PM
I partly support the regulation of cryptocurrencies. It is when someone has something hidden that he or she will be scared of any authority. Moreover, it will help to combat crypto frauds.
I agree with you. I would also like to add that regulation needs to be precisely decided what only well informed experts should do.
Cryptocurrencies should not be treated like stocks because they are currencies and they should be treated just like other currencies.

This is an issue which it is really hard to solve because the government still can't able to find a better solution. Regulations in cryptocurrencies is hard to obtain because of this blockchain technology and I think everyone is still finding ways on how they are going to do it.
Activity: 791
Merit: 271
This is personal
November 23, 2018, 04:42:04 PM
I partly support the regulation of cryptocurrencies. It is when someone has something hidden that he or she will be scared of any authority. Moreover, it will help to combat crypto frauds.
I agree with you. I would also like to add that regulation needs to be precisely decided what only well informed experts should do.
Cryptocurrencies should not be treated like stocks because they are currencies and they should be treated just like other currencies.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
November 23, 2018, 02:40:09 PM
Activity: 490
Merit: 123
November 23, 2018, 01:48:13 PM
Market regulation is absolutley needed , we all see how the market is manipulated , the sharp ups and downs, this is because there is no fear that these people will get cought.
Also trust in ICO market is almost gone, there is no reason for trust to come back if there is regualtion.
copper member
Activity: 54
Merit: 7
Sparklemobile.io
November 23, 2018, 10:59:36 AM
Good question!
Activity: 481
Merit: 256
November 23, 2018, 08:40:50 AM
I too think that some regulations are very important in cryptocurrency market. Nowadays many scams are taking place in this market. Every day some ICO is launched with a shitcoins due to which investors are suffering losses. This is happening because there are no regulations or guidelines which ICOs are obliged to follow. Therefore anyone can launch an ICO to fraud the people.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 251
Anyway, it would be appropriate to have several non-profit organizations to be so-called market-regulators. It may increase the trust for newcomers, I guess.
My personal insight for this is I am okay with regulations as long as everyone will be beneficial to the changes. Regulations for are some like law's that need to be follow and directions on how and where we need to stand. Equal opportunities and rights for all members. No barriers and discrimination wither your newbies or high ranked. Equality is my main concern. So if regulations will be good for everyone they can have my vote and support.
Pages:
Jump to: