Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you get free power? - page 4. (Read 6090 times)

legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 2258
I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)
November 29, 2015, 12:06:39 AM
Solar is pretty lame. I probably generate 5kw a day on my system, which a 1kw farm can chew up in 5 hours. Helps a bit but you have to consider you could have sold that power back to the utility.

The way to go is micro-hydro. Really, find a stream on your property, install a 1,000 watt alternator/peltier turbine and you're in business 24*7*forever. Now for a real win, finding an abandoned dam and installing a turbine, miners (hey, all that water is FREE COOLING!) and a cell phone for internet and you're all set......

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
November 28, 2015, 11:53:41 PM

Hehe  Cheesy Grin Thats pretty cool Smiley Are thoose asic usb miners Workern ofer there or it is just for the visibility Cheesy I thought you would not let them on the roof if its rainy in the night everything gonne break up Cheesy:D haha
Really nice done Guys. I also had that kind of idea already this year. Its pretty amazing to see how other People doing the same i ve done and te4sted. Really cool
Go on and build something bhigger than f2pool Tongue

regards
lama-hunter
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
November 28, 2015, 11:35:17 PM
But then only get power during sun.

You produce at day and sell to electric company.
When You consume at night, you bought from electric company.
No batteries need.

But you would need around double the panels correct?  So you save on battery but spend more on panels.

Have you done any math to see cost of this?  I still think it would be pretty high specifically if you are producing enough to sell to power company normally that is not a tiny amount.
panels last a real long time. As of today all batteries die too fast.

So mixed use with your power company is best in most USA states.

A panel working for 15-20 years

A battery working for 3-5 years.

So larger in house systems don't do battery they mix with power company.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
November 28, 2015, 11:00:33 PM

No batteries need.

But you would need around double the panels correct?  So you save on battery but spend more on panels.

Have you done any math to see cost of this?  I still think it would be pretty high specifically if you are producing enough to sell to power company normally that is not a tiny amount.
Activity: 406
November 28, 2015, 07:11:54 PM
Under special contracts, they can reduce it to as low as

You need check there specifications about consume and see penalties.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
November 28, 2015, 07:01:15 PM

You produce at day and sell to line.
When You consume at night, you bought from lime.
No batteries need.

You could technically use mains power at night! Under special contracts, they can reduce it to as low as 7p per unit (KW/h). Makes it much cheaper.

With Lime, are you referring to calcium oxide.
November 28, 2015, 06:54:25 PM

No batteries need.
legendary
November 28, 2015, 04:31:25 PM
@ Vika NSFW Do you have the source for those Solar Mining pictures?

The issue I am intrigued to see an answer to is what do people do when the battery runs flat and the Sun's not out?

Do they just leave the setup to it's own devices, Sun comes out get's some charge and runs again? My concern is if the Miner takes more power than the panels can supply then the batteries will get no charge and the Miner will do a slow on  off cycle. Or do people include some sort of controller to allow the batteries to get half charged before mining starts again?

Rich

Can you not just copy the link from the picture. I tshoud be linked to an account other than the poster, or even a website that shows their source. Don't get other people to do what you can do for yourself (unless its cheaper!)

Each one appears to be from a different site looking at it when you quote it.  So I don't think it's from one source or one article.

If you don't have batteries you would cut down cost.  But then only get power during sun.  Also it is still high compared to cheap electricity batteries or no batteries.
copper member
November 28, 2015, 04:08:13 PM

The issue I am intrigued to see an answer to is what do people do when the battery runs flat and the Sun's not out?

Do they just leave the setup to it's own devices, Sun comes out get's some charge and runs again? My concern is if the Miner takes more power than the panels can supply then the batteries will get no charge and the Miner will do a slow on  off cycle. Or do people include some sort of controller to allow the batteries to get half charged before mining starts again?

Rich

Can you not just copy the link from the picture. I tshoud be linked to an account other than the poster, or even a website that shows their source. Don't get other people to do what you can do for yourself (unless its cheaper!)
copper member
November 28, 2015, 04:06:39 PM
Sadly for my QOL, here in my country (a oil-rich country in the north of southamerica) the power is ridiculously cheap. My house has 2 12kBTU air conditioner, a couple of fridges, few tvs and aprox 2kW more of electronics (computers, miners, etc) and I pay a legal monthly flat rate of 0.3 usd.

Yes, 0.30 usd. Monthly

Yes, monthly.

What's the price per unit there?
You should start a mining company like hashnest or mining sweden (you'd make a bit, if you charge at slightly less than their rates!) I assume land is cheap there, it is quite a large country in comparison to where I live in the UK.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100
November 25, 2015, 11:32:04 AM
Sadly for my QOL, here in my country (a oil-rich country in the north of southamerica) the power is ridiculously cheap. My house has 2 12kBTU air conditioner, a couple of fridges, few tvs and aprox 2kW more of electronics (computers, miners, etc) and I pay a legal monthly flat rate of 0.3 usd.

Yes, 0.30 usd. Monthly

Yes, monthly.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
November 25, 2015, 08:25:22 AM
All the people that claim having a free power on this forum are probably getting it or it's included in their rent of the apartment, office space or something like this!

I don't see how else can they get it? Well it always is a possibility of stealing electricity or messing with the electric distribution measuring systems!
November 25, 2015, 06:33:35 AM

check where they hosted and tineye + google image search

Check Your local SunPower sales agent
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
November 25, 2015, 04:26:07 AM

Rich
legendary
November 25, 2015, 03:59:13 AM
there is no free, power, even solar or wind, or what you want require initial investment, what people want to say with free power is

1) abusing power of other(like student in college) or stealing it like soe russian, with the magnet trick(apprently still working there)

I don't know on college student depends on contract if it's abuse.  I personally did not bring miners with me when I was in university... I just did not want sound/heat so mined and paid electricity at family home.   

One apartment I had had a 25 dollar cap on electricity. It was student apartments and costed a small fortune but each roommate could not get charged more then 25 extra per month no matter electricity bill.  But I did not want to have my roommates paying that, and again did not really want miner in room so did not mine there. But I could have with the policy they had.  But again it was student housing with 2 pools, tons of extras, so they charged a ton and did not really care on electricity.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 25, 2015, 03:42:35 AM
there is no free, power, even solar or wind, or what you want require initial investment, what people want to say with free power is

abusing power of other(like student in college) or stealing it like soe russian, with the magnet trick(apprently still working there)
legendary
November 24, 2015, 07:00:42 PM
I round up bums, and dangle $10 and a few beers in front of them while they walk in a big hamster wheel hooked to a generator.  Grin

Yeah good luck with that.  If bums were willing to work for money and beer, they wouldn't be bums.  You'd have more success with big hamsters.

I tried to get funding to make genetically engineered hamster in the lending section but no one lent me the funds. Sad

It's not the worst idea out there.  Took me a minute to find the material but at least you are not making an altcoin in hopes to fund solar technology.   - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1214592  , about coin dev - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1204912

And if the whole altcoin idea does not pan out try to get people to join and do the work - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1220483

I am amazed sometimes what people think others will invest in.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
Where am I?
November 24, 2015, 06:24:41 PM
I round up bums, and dangle $10 and a few beers in front of them while they walk in a big hamster wheel hooked to a generator.  Grin

Yeah good luck with that.  If bums were willing to work for money and beer, they wouldn't be bums.  You'd have more success with big hamsters.

I tried to get funding to make genetically engineered hamster in the lending section but no one lent me the funds. Sad
legendary
November 24, 2015, 04:06:12 PM
If you used like a compac

this are not my pictures

Ahhh IC.  Next time I suggest to link to original source or mention it's not yours.

Just scrolling through page it appeared to be yours.  Any kind of words saying source would solve this.
November 24, 2015, 03:55:17 PM
If you used like a compac

this are not my pictures
Pages:
Jump to: