Pages:
Author

Topic: How do you keep yourself from spending on unimportant things? - page 15. (Read 1749 times)

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
Its called discipline.

You have to get discipline in your financial matters by setting reachable and important goals.

Its hard as we live in a society that brainwashes into spending on useless things.

A person also gets a Dopamine rush anytime a purchase is made and that can also be an addiction as we have seen from people who are compulsive buyers.

I trained myself by only buying things I need, only! Luxury items are not needed...ex a motorcycle....vacations etc etc

By seeing the number increase on a weekly basis in my account that to me is a big motivation for me to save rather to blow my money on trivial things.

There was a book written by Robert Kiyosaki, called Rich Dad and Poor Dad.

In it he tells the tale of having two fathers thru his life..one was a smart investor with his money the other was not.

One became financially well off the other struggled thru his life as he basically splurged his money on unimportant items.

One thing I have learned from this book is, never buy anything that will be a constant drain to your finances but rather buy an investment that will keep on giving you financial gains and also appreciate in price.

That to me is a motivation that keeps me from splurging my money on unimportant items

Activity: 118
Merit: 0
We all experience some familiar things like that, but there is something you should adapt with and work with it all the time, which is "self control". Show me someone that spend recklessly and i will show you one without financial self control. What you need is a self control against unimportant things. I'm always mindful of what i spend my hand earn money on.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 255
I run budget a lot and more a my scale of preference analysis.
I don't really withdraw or move with cash far beyond the needed so as to avoid spending on what is not necessary.
Most times I set project that are more than my current worth so I would not feel im rich, it makes  me work more to meet up with set down projects.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
I think it is a problem everyone has. It a sickness. Losing control over onself when it comes to spending. The idea of loving onself or doing yourself a favor most of the time is causing us to do this. Sometimes also it is the thought of living once and we will be leaving everything we have here on earth when we die so we better enjoy them while we are still alive.
really, if I was in a wasteful state and could not manage my money, then I always assured that such a situation would not happen again and it would be better if we enjoy life. But actually wasteful is not a good thing, so I deliberately invest my money in bitcoin, so that the money I have more useful and not wasted.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
I also often experience things like you experience. It's hard to keep us from buying something we've been wanting for a long time but besides that I still want to keep my expenses from being wasteful.
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
Discipline is the cure to reckless spending, ensure what you spend on  is a need a and not a want, Have a target for your saving and increase this regularly, I want to recommend that you get a financial mentor/ auditor that can help to guide and scold your spending, My wife serve as a guide and this has help me on focusing on my needs. Never buy what you do not need at a time, except it is an investment.
Activity: 112
I think everyone experience this, spending on unnecessary things. Maybe we tend to do this because we want to be satisfied, because if we want something and we cant have it, we cant stop ourselves from thinking about it. For me, to keep myself from buying this things and keep my budget in place, I'd rather refrain myself in going to shopping malls, especially if the mall is on sale. And sometimes, when I go to shopping malls, I just bring enough money so that I wont be tempted to buy and spend more than I should.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
focus on investment. and put all the money into the investment, so we don't take it for things that are not important. if we keep it in the bank, it will just run out in the near future.
It is about the priority list. Definitely spending on daily needs is great and everyone wants to spend so big money on his wishes and desires to be fulfilled within the team.

But when you are dealing in bitcoins, you have to be careful. They aren’t easy to earn so better is to invest them again as soon as they are acquired. In this way, you wouldn’t be having any possibility to use them in shopping or any useless expenditure.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
When i got to the mall or even in the grocery store, i always bring the exact money that i need and i listed all the items that i need to buy before i got the mall or grocery store and that helped me a lot to spend money on unimportant things because if you don't have the list that you need to buy then your brain will trick you and tempt you to buy the things that you just like not what you need.
Activity: 242
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World”
I think it is a natural thing and we all must have experienced it. Especially when we have a large income we often indulge ourselves. I face the problem by putting in my heart always remembered what I want and write the great ideals that I want to realize. Or often think if I buy this item usefulness for anything. if it is not very useful for what we buy.
Activity: 93
I think everyone has encounter the same experience as you. Including me, I can not avoid that even those money that's supposed to be for food and other expenses to our home is lost I spent all of it. Because I'm tempted to buy things that should not be bought and eventually I understand my mistakes but it's too late for me. I don't have enough courage to prevent this kind of habitual.  Smiley it's just a money we can still earn it anytime. But those satisfaction that we feel is not worth the money. You only live once , so enjoy it while you are here in this world....
Activity: 170
Merit: 1
I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?
Try to avoid spending your money on things that are not important and i think you need self control to do that. Because i experienced that too,spend money on things are not important then one day i realized that i need to control my self by spending money.
Therefore,we  need to be more responsible dominions over material things. In such way, It will eliminate to spent such money for those things that are not really important to used.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
To be honest there are no reason for you to spend and spend if you don't want your future to be ruined rhen stop spending too much and start saving money for the future always think that if you didn't need the item then why you buy it when after 1 or 2 weeks you will not use that anymore , buy those really important that you think you can use everyday.
Activity: 756
Merit: 12
I dont know if it is just me or others also experience it. I always set goals financially, set limits in spending and trying hard to save but most of the time no matter how i tell myself to refrain from spending in unnecessary things whenever i see something i really like even if i dont need it i cant resist buying it that cause me to regret later. Are you familiar with this situation?

Its happen to me too and i think many peoples happen the same thing with us. But I am trying to make plan with budget and not spending with unimportant thing but still happen again. Like we shopping discount thing that acctually we dont need much. Its hard for to control our behaviour on spending but i think i should have a will
Activity: 448
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Do you like a thing and dont want it? How its possible? Your statement is kinda hard to understand for me, I only buy things I like and can afford

Maybe it's like an impulse buying behavior, sometimes I used to be like that too and it's like you bought something and you felt like you need it or maybe you just like it but will turned out to be that you bought an insignificant thing after you received it. It's an unhealthy financial management.
Activity: 38

It is difficult to control when spending, but when you have family and unforeseen expenses appear, but when it comes to bitcoin and future investments, there is a limit in everyday life. why you should think in the future
Activity: 524
io.ezystayz.com
Buying and realizing that buying unnecessary things make you to regret later is a good sign for sure next time that you have money, uneeded things will you ignore because you know that its just a waste of time and money, you will learn to manage your financial soon, not now but very soon.
Activity: 648
Merit: 502

I have a different case, tho' I can't resist myself from buying these things, but I only buy what makes me fully, or happy, and I think I don't regret that at all. Economically, it is not good to buy these units, but you need to reward yourself and buy things that makes your heart hurt so good. I don't have a memory that I regret buying that thing. I think it's a habit, if you are buying things that you will regret later then you are buying things that is unimportant to you and that is really bad mentally, you will just empty your pockets and then frown at the same time. You must use your $$ on needs or on the things that can make your day complete.
Activity: 173
Merit: 10
cave canem!
Just remembering all the useful things and all the important things I can buy instead of this. So it helps a lot to set your money in a place you want.
Activity: 258

Well, I manage my money by budgeting my expenses and have the allocated amount for each type of expense. I usually spend for the things I needed rather than the things I wanted. My mother teached me a lot with regards to budgeting for my future so that when time comes that I have my own family, it is very easy for me to budget everything, even my time.
Pages:
Jump to: