Author

Topic: How do you store your bitcoins? - page 109. (Read 92212 times)

donator
Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012
February 22, 2016, 03:54:36 AM
I use paper wallets to store my bitcoins... i have around 7 -10 wallets now, I use multiple just to make sure the others are safe when one wallet is hacked. I don't have much coins though, but that's the safest way i could think of right now to keep them safe.

Having too many paper wallets might pose an operational risk. The risk is that you might lose some of them or even forget about those that have too few BTC. If your private key generation method is solid there is really no point in having more keys than necessary. On the other hand if you generate private keys using a silly method (like using quotes Shakespeare) then all your keys are susceptible to hacking no matter how many you have.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
February 22, 2016, 03:30:53 AM
I use paper wallets to store my bitcoins... i have around 7 -10 wallets now, I use multiple just to make sure the others are safe when one wallet is hacked. I don't have much coins though, but that's the safest way i could think of right now to keep them safe.

Yeah paper and hardware wallet are good option to store your bitcoins. Because nowadays scamming is increased more number in online work and business. Sure people will attack your online to scratch the bitcoin.
mkc
Activity: 517
Merit: 501
February 22, 2016, 02:42:54 AM

I need to do the same, your method is much more secure. I am thinking about ding it, but I am lazy. Currently I have little in Coinbase, little in Electrum, and some in btcjam. I stop loan out bitcoin in btcjam any more. I don't have much myself.
Activity: 139
Merit: 100
February 22, 2016, 12:02:13 AM
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
February 21, 2016, 10:45:14 PM
I use a web wallet for everyday use and for storing small amounts of coins. I also have an offline wallet. I'm thinkin of gettig a desktop wallet also once I have a laptop already. I don't have mh coins anyway so I never really bothered methat muh. I use multiple wallets. Currently I am using 9. Smiley
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
February 21, 2016, 10:37:30 PM
I use offline wallet on protected USB stick with linux OS.
Do you make backups of that stick? I recently had to replace a 3 year old good-brand stick, because it simply stopped working. This stick contained movies, if it was bitcoin it could have been an expensive loss.

I always have multiple copies of the bitcoin in many places. I will not store it in a single place. Too risky.
What is the risky ? if you smart people you will save the backup and use authentication. you can use 1 wallet

i have bad experience with 2fa called authy (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/authy-chrome-extension/fhgenkpocbhhddlgkjnfghpjanffonno ) someone acces my computer using RDP , then i lost my email, bittrex, blockchain and local exchanger acccount.

im shocked only Xapo wallet where using my android wallet as 2fa which is still secure, after it Im using some wallet and i use my number phone as 2fa...
Activity: 1190
February 21, 2016, 09:38:06 PM
Do you make backups of that stick? I recently had to replace a 3 year old good-brand stick, because it simply stopped working. This stick contained movies, if it was bitcoin it could have been an expensive loss.

I always have multiple copies of the bitcoin in many places. I will not store it in a single place. Too risky.
What is the risky ? if you smart people you will save the backup and use authentication. you can use 1 wallet
Activity: 196
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
February 21, 2016, 06:58:58 PM
I store my bitcoin in a wallet, this is the safest way of course, I also use multiple wallets to be more secured and not get a target of hackers.
If you really want to be secured use a paper wallet or a cold storage so you cannot get hacked by someone in most cases.
Activity: 252
February 21, 2016, 05:00:08 PM

Activity: 742
February 21, 2016, 03:42:28 PM
You can store all your bitcoins in an online wallet such as yobit or coinbase and they are both very resourceful

why do you stored your bitcoin on your coinbase wallet or yobit? i mean it's prety risk due to the controll and access of the private key, yeah we dont have a ultimate controll of our private key, i prefer using coinbase and some kind of exchanger like that just for spendable amount, to be honest i would never stored all of my bitcoin there, just saying
Activity: 143
February 21, 2016, 03:07:19 PM
I have Multibit HD for daily transactions and have two paper wallets stored in my safe where i keep some BTC as investment
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
February 21, 2016, 03:06:59 PM
Activity: 420
Merit: 251
Moon?
February 21, 2016, 02:43:16 PM
In a ledger wallet, stashed away in a bank box.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
February 21, 2016, 01:22:52 PM
I stored my bitcoins in my coinbase wallet some of my earnings every week half of my earnings i store it into my vault every time i have extra bitcoin i save and store it in my wallet.. i hope the price of bitcoin will be rise above $1000 in the future...
legendary
Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003
≡v≡
February 21, 2016, 01:11:51 PM
I use coinbase like local account
due to small amount of btc its the only place
Activity: 350
February 21, 2016, 01:10:33 PM
I store my coins at an online wallet. I think it is very safe and secure. Another good thing is that you can easily pay.
The transaction fee is also very cheap and normal banks dont like it because it is so very cheap.
Activity: 224
February 21, 2016, 10:43:19 AM
Mine is stored in Electrum (Software Wallet) , pretty decent i must say.

I want to get the hardware one for safer saving, but i ain't got money.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 756
Bobby Fischer was right
February 21, 2016, 10:39:46 AM
Its almost as secure as those specialBTC usb vaults.(trezor?)
but basically free Cheesy
Activity: 126
February 21, 2016, 10:34:02 AM
I place whatever I don't use on an offline wallet, I think that's the safest way to keep your coins safe.
Whatever I do use, I have a small amount on an online wallet.
Activity: 378
February 21, 2016, 10:31:05 AM
Most of my Bitcoin is stored in my trezor wallet. I also keep a small amount of Bitcoin in my coinbase wallet.
Indeed I store my Bitcoins too at an online wallet. I find it so good and it is easy to work, so why not.
Some people dont trust the online wallets, because they say they can be hacked. But it is very secure I think.
many people are afraid to use online wallet. because. all wallets are set by a third party.
Indeed. online wallet. easier and more flexible in the use of the transaction. but the possible loss of a third party is always there. large sites such as Mtgox could be a scam

Yeah and from what I've learned i know most of the online wallets can be trusted. Even though they are managed by big companies. Offcourse we have to wait and see.
But nobody wants to be goxed.

It's about tradition. If an online wallet has proved to be reliable in time, then you could pretty much trust it.
Jump to: