Pages:
Author

Topic: How is the bitcoin price determined? - page 9. (Read 1341 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 10
October 31, 2017, 10:02:49 PM
The price of a bitcoin is determined by the supply and demand . when more people buy bitcoin , the demand for btc increases and the price increases . when the demand falls the price of the bitcoin falls.

Activity: 672
Merit: 251
October 31, 2017, 12:33:33 AM
I have just been recently trying to know how our legend crypto (Bitcoin) price determined. I really need to know more about this. Pls how is the price determined from time to time?
Well, bitcoins price is hard to know for beginners. I mean, the signal on when to buy or when to sell. That is part of the technical analysis of the market. You need to study now the basics. Candlesticks pattern and indicators.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
October 31, 2017, 12:14:33 AM
I have just been recently trying to know how our legend crypto (Bitcoin) price determined. I really need to know more about this. Pls how is the price determined from time to time?

Imo Bitcoins value is determined by its demand in the market, a lot are holding btc and not selling it making it more valuable as the demand grow much bigger than the supply. Yet if fud news strikes those holders will began to sell all their bitcoin because of fear and that is when the price will drop
Activity: 84
October 31, 2017, 12:09:03 AM
The price of a bitcoin is determined by supply and demand. When demand for bitcoins increases, the price increases, and when demand falls, the price falls.
Activity: 938
Merit: 256
October 31, 2017, 12:06:20 AM
Of course, various factors may affect bitcoin prices, especially in market situations that affect the rise or decrease in bitcoin prices, demand and supply that affect bitcoin fluctuations and sometimes with uncertain circumstances such as the negative issue of bitcoin that causes panic. Instead of users making sales transactions resulting in a decrease in bitcoin prices, due to the high level of supply available.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 30, 2017, 11:27:26 PM
-low supply for the huge demand what makes it rare and expensive
-the costs of bitcoin is another reason for the expensive price
-Bitcoin legacy  has earned a world wide publicity there are some people that doesn't know any other coin in crypto but bitcoin
-most exchanges you can buy and sell other coins with or for bitcoin
and i think there are more reasons that bitcoin can be determined with....
Activity: 630
Merit: 102
October 30, 2017, 04:41:49 PM
The  price of bitcoin is simply determine by the agreement between the buyers and the sellers in the market. If a seller set a particular price but no buyer to buy at that price I do not think there will be any change in the price.
Activity: 112
October 30, 2017, 04:24:00 PM
There are many factors which determine current Bitcoin price. Recent exchange ban in China is a good example. The price had fallen because of it but it also recovered in a short period of time. Bitcoin has a value because some people treat Bitcoin as a long term investment so they are willing to pay a lot for it. To create 1 Bitcoin we have to use electricity and dedicated hardware. The same thing applies to fiat money. Special equipment, paper and most importantly people are needed.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 286
October 30, 2017, 04:21:07 PM
I think, the market value is determined depending on the dwmand that it is getting from the market since its value is proportional with its demand such that as the demand increases, its market value becomes more expensive. To Specifically know what exactly its market value, it is listed on the wallets kr in the blockfolio.
Activity: 574
Merit: 255
October 30, 2017, 04:10:31 PM

As you can see this year bitcoin exploded in price , from 1500 to 6000$ and is still growing up . Before this year bitcoin hasn't a good growing like this year . Bitcoin is not determined by time , is determined by people's interesting Smiley
Activity: 322
October 30, 2017, 04:06:59 PM
I honestly have not found out the method of determining the bitcoin price, but I guess it depends on the policy, the prices of oil, gold or other commodities
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
October 30, 2017, 04:01:39 PM

Lots of answers but a lot missing the most important point.

There is no such thing as a global bitcoin price.
Just check bitfinex and bitstamp. One it's at '72 and one at '67.
What is the real price? Both and none at the same time.

The price fluctuates not form second to second but from exchange to exchange, from website to website from trader to trader.
Probably the best example of a truly free market where demand and offer reign supreme and you can have situations where in your country nobody on localbitcoins wants to sell you coins for 6k let's say but in Germany they sell it 100$ cheaper.

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
October 30, 2017, 03:59:25 PM
You could say there is a starting price since miners consumer a lot of electricity to mine a Bitcoin. That starting price would be the electricity consumed. After that it's basically offer and demand.
Activity: 406
Merit: 107
October 30, 2017, 03:59:12 PM
As Bitcoin is "young" investment assets, the price of it is strongly affected by news, especially about banning the crypto in some countries (as it was with ICOs in China) and so called "whales", who can manipulate large amounts of bitcoins. And of course, by number of miners, users and hash rate.
I think a little bit differently) affect the price not the news, and how people who have assets have bitkoyntov will react to this news!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 30, 2017, 03:53:01 PM
As Bitcoin is "young" investment assets, the price of it is strongly affected by news, especially about banning the crypto in some countries (as it was with ICOs in China) and so called "whales", who can manipulate large amounts of bitcoins. And of course, by number of miners, users and hash rate.
Activity: 532
Merit: 13
October 30, 2017, 03:49:43 PM
Buy and sell offers are placed on exchanges. If there is no volume ie no buys or sells then price will be adjusted until trade occurs. Most exchanges have similar prices as any large difference is soon acted upon by arbitrageurs exploiting such a difference.
Activity: 107
October 30, 2017, 03:46:43 PM
The price is always combinations between supply and demand. I think the reason for the current spike in Bitcoin price is the increasing interest from institutional players (banks, funds, high net worth individuals). Since there is so much money out there - the price still can go up once the big guys will get more confident.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
October 30, 2017, 03:40:14 PM
Bitcoin price is determined by the buyers and the sellers promptly. But on the long run, the expectations are the real drivers of the price change. If most of the people expect higher price for the future the demand will grow and it will cause less people to sell so it will modify the price upwards. If people expect the bubble to burst it will move the price down. Expectations are driven by the news on the market. News are driven by the media and social media (and I don't know whom the media is driven by...)
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
October 30, 2017, 03:39:19 PM
It revolves around the basic economic rule of Demand. If more people want Bitcoin, then the price will likely to go up. If comes a time that no one wants to use Bitoin anymore(which I doubt will ever happen) then It will have no value.

There was a famous story that in the past 2 pizzas cost about 10 000 BTC. Now a single BTC can buy you thousands of pizzas.
Activity: 476
Merit: 256
October 30, 2017, 03:18:11 PM
At present, bitcoin is regarded as commodities. The rate of the Bitcoin is not anchored in any other currency that totally depends on the supply and demand of the market. Bitcoin is one of a kind property has free-market nature pure. It cannot be controlled by other factors
Pages:
Jump to: