Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 115. (Read 320337 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
hopefully btc is so high from halving in 20 years that we dont even use 1 btc but instead fractions  Tongue

i doubt, to retire you need 1M at least or 500k, even if bitcoin would reach 1M per coin a fraction of it let's say 0.1 or 0.01 are not enough to retire in any case

If you want to live on the streets and be poor, yes you need 1 Million to retire.  If you want to have a decent life you probably are looking around 3-5 million.  You are going to need more than 100 coins in order to get that amount.  Good luck!

what no... i need only 5k per year to live in a decent house with a decent life, so 500k is more than enough for me

you need 3-5 million if you want to hire whores every night...

That is assuming no mortgage payments or property taxes I am assuming?  Also I hope you don't have a car or anything either. 

Basically the cost of living cheap would be this: 
500 mortgage/month
120 gas/electric/month
100 property tax/month
50 gas/month
say 160 food/month

Total of 930 a month which is not including fun, cable, any other payments you might have
*30 years is about 500k roughly.

That is if you retired right now.  If you retire in 10 years, probably multiply that by about 1.25 or so for inflation.  20 years, 1.5.

If you can live that, and I low balled the crap out of everything congrats, I don't see that as a comfortable home, nor allowance for any fun.

with mortage you mean for the house? no there is no mortage, the house is completely payed and it's mine

i don't use car, bicyclette all the way, cheaper from every point of view, so no gas wasted, but foods is actually more expensive for me at least 200, up to 250

I did mean for a house payment.  You still have to pay property taxes and gas/electric though.  Sounds like you live fairly cheap.  It still depends on when you will retire for how much money you need.  Most experts agree that 1million right now is a low point of what you should retire. 

well bills are not so expensive if you are alone, probably 100 for everything including internet and taxes on trash and something like that

those expert conduce a very healtly life by wasting money on useless festivity

Yeah I suppose it also depends on where you live too.  Where I live there is no way you are paying taxes and trash and electric and gas for 100 dollars a month.  Cable alone will set you back over $100 a month.  So it definitely depends where and when you are retiring as well.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
hopefully btc is so high from halving in 20 years that we dont even use 1 btc but instead fractions  Tongue

i doubt, to retire you need 1M at least or 500k, even if bitcoin would reach 1M per coin a fraction of it let's say 0.1 or 0.01 are not enough to retire in any case

If you want to live on the streets and be poor, yes you need 1 Million to retire.  If you want to have a decent life you probably are looking around 3-5 million.  You are going to need more than 100 coins in order to get that amount.  Good luck!

what no... i need only 5k per year to live in a decent house with a decent life, so 500k is more than enough for me

That is assuming no mortgage payments or property taxes I am assuming?  Also I hope you don't have a car or anything either. 

500 mortgage/month
120 gas/electric/month
100 property tax/month
50 gas/month
say 160 food/month

Total of 930 a month which is not including fun, cable, any other payments you might have

That is if you retired right now.  If you retire in 10 years, probably multiply that by about 1.25 or so for inflation.  20 years, 1.5.

If you can live that, and I low balled the crap out of everything congrats, I don't see that as a comfortable home, nor allowance for any fun.

with mortage you mean for the house? no there is no mortage, the house is completely payed and it's mine

i don't use car, bicyclette all the way, cheaper from every point of view, so no gas wasted, but foods is actually more expensive for me at least 200, up to 250

I did mean for a house payment.  You still have to pay property taxes and gas/electric though.  Sounds like you live fairly cheap.  It still depends on when you will retire for how much money you need.  Most experts agree that 1million right now is a low point of what you should retire. 

well bills are not so expensive if you are alone, probably 100 for everything including internet and taxes on trash and something like that

those expert conduce a very healtly life by wasting money on useless festivity

500 mortgage/month
120 gas/electric/month
100 property tax/month
50 gas/month
say 160 food/month

legendary

500 mortgage/month
120 gas/electric/month
100 property tax/month
50 gas/month
say 160 food/month

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
in 20 years... In my opinion you may need 500BTC to live quite well I suppose? By then bitcoin should have experience 2 more halving so the price is skyrocketed

500 mortgage/month
120 gas/electric/month
100 property tax/month
50 gas/month
say 160 food/month

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Large scale, green crypto mining ICO
If I was you ,I will buy 10 BitcoinsBTC, 10 Bitcoins in Q4 of 2015 isn't a big price. Maybe a fortune in 20 years. Why not try investing as much possible that won't hurt you economically if Bitcoin crashes.
Activity: 698
Free Speech is the most important thing.
I love these predictions but 1 or 10 coins may not be enough. Bitcoin can never move beyond the point of $500 and remain the money of gamblers and nerds.

I think you don't consider block halving, mining difficulty, Bitcoin's limited supply etc. Do you really think 21 million Bitcoin is enough for all the world? There are 8 billion people in the world, probably more than 10 billion in next 20 years. But Bitcoin always will be limited to 21 million. The world is changing right now, even you don't feel it. Monetary system is changing, too.
If Bitcoin will survive in next 20 years, 10BTC would be more than enough to live great life.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1335
Don't let others control your BTC -> self custody
If you want to live luxurious retired life you need at least 20 coins, you want to live relaxed, enjoyable life you need 10 coins, you want to live normal life 1 coin is enough.

I like how you have put this down! Smiley Now let's just wait for the price to get to the point where this will really be possible!

I love these predictions but 1 or 10 coins may not be enough. Bitcoin can never move beyond the point of $500 and remain the money of gamblers and nerds.
Activity: 698
Free Speech is the most important thing.
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

I understand that you don't want luxurious rich life but a decent life with a house, car and enough money to children's college loans etc. I think if you won't spend any in 20 years, then 1BTC is more than enough. But if you think about spending it starting 5 years from now then I think you need at least 10BTC for that life.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
If you want to live luxurious retired life you need at least 20 coins, you want to live relaxed, enjoyable life you need 10 coins, you want to live normal life 1 coin is enough.

I like how you have put this down! Smiley Now let's just wait for the price to get to the point where this will really be possible!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

true depends on the price in 20 year like you said
you may need only small amount if price goes so high in that period
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
Well 20 years is a long time you can buy 0.5 BTC every 3 months.

And with that you can retire. Maybe over 20 years BTC is 1500USD plus.

No guarantee that you can do that. Let's imgagine Bitcoin suddenly takes off and rises from 350-1000 in just one month.And it won't stop rising here. It may consolidate short, move a bit sideways and rises more.After 3 months let's assume price of $2500.
Not everybody will be able to buy a half a coin each 3 months with an average income.
My advice would be buy as much as Bitcoin as possible with money you can afford to lose.And do it now and the next coming months.Halving is coming. I also believe the scalability will find a solution soon.At least a temporary one which us gives us a few years more time. All these will be triggers for rising price the next 12 months.
Activity: 636
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Simply buy X BTC every month, or $X every month. Your pocket money in other words.

No one knows if BTC will cost $10k in 5 or even 10 years, so it's better to accumulate as many as possible.
Activity: 165
Probably you can get done with 100 BTC, if you imagine a price of around 5000 each Bitcoin.
That would be awesome!
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

my cost of live per month only $120-$150 so i need only $1440-$1800
so i think 1M is very enough for me

"every people live and life at different place, also diffirent lifestyle back to your lifestyle, if you like spree you will need more money for retirement"

that's cheap you can practically live with signature campaign only, i know that i can if i was in your position

at this time NO
my max earning ~$46.2 (if i can max post)
i have other job, and bitcoin is my side job
Activity: 238
I think you wont need more than 5 bitcoin. Heck, even 2, if you're serious about 20 year period.
I currently hold somewhere between 30 and 50 Smiley 50 is the biggest BTC amount I've had
legendary

"every people live and life at different place, also diffirent lifestyle back to your lifestyle, if you like spree you will need more money for retirement"

that's cheap you can practically live with signature campaign only, i know that i can if i was in your position
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

Jump to: