Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 118. (Read 320337 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
I prefer retire in 5 years, how many BTC i need?

it always depend on how much you need to retire, if 1M than 100 btc at 10k, if more than you need to wait more

1k btc would do it better in most case, but only a few can have that amount now
1kBTC right now is worth more than 300k$
For many people is more than their lifetime savings. Do you think they trust bitcoin enough to put all their savings in it ?
I wouldn't.

well look at it from this point of view, if someone had 100k ins aving, and he need 1M to retire,he just need to wait for bitcoin to reach 1k, to be able to do so
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

it always depend on how much you need to retire, if 1M than 100 btc at 10k, if more than you need to wait more

1kBTC right now is worth more than 300k$
For many people is more than their lifetime savings. Do you think they trust bitcoin enough to put all their savings in it ?
I wouldn't.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

Activity: 386
Merit: 251

a lot, especially when the price keeps dropping
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
Activity: 616
Merit: 503
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I think that 20 btc will be a great investment as the price for now is high and i m sure that after some years you will have a great profit Wink and if we get lucky and the price go up to 1000 $ you will get 20000$ it will be cool :p

Yeah 20 btc can help you retire when the bitcoin price goes to 10,000$ or more, which can happen in the next 10 years, so try to buy and save as much Bitcoins as possible so that you can retire comfortably when you are about 40 to 50 years old Smiley

I really hope you are right I just personally don't see the price going that high in the next 10 years.  If I am wrong I am wrong but that is such a large amount of increase in value over just a small period of time.
If mass adoption really happens it would not surpise me.
Things like bitcoin (and like many others in tech-related businesses) can skyrocket really fast if they become main-stream.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
I think that 20 btc will be a great investment as the price for now is high and i m sure that after some years you will have a great profit Wink and if we get lucky and the price go up to 1000 $ you will get 20000$ it will be cool :p

Yeah 20 btc can help you retire when the bitcoin price goes to 10,000$ or more, which can happen in the next 10 years, so try to buy and save as much Bitcoins as possible so that you can retire comfortably when you are about 40 to 50 years old Smiley

I really hope you are right I just personally don't see the price going that high in the next 10 years.  If I am wrong I am wrong but that is such a large amount of increase in value over just a small period of time.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
If the bitcoin will stay around 300 you're going to need a bunch

It really depends on how the value of the bitcoin will increase
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
If bitcoin is still around in 20 years, I agree that 1-2 BTC will be sufficient for average living expenses for your retirement. However, medical expenses will be expensive and I guess 10-20 BTC should be able to do that.

So you are saying 11-22 BTC we will need?  I highly think that is wrong.  You think the average price of Bitcoin in 20 years will be 227,000 dollars per coin?  ha.

Perfectly possible, only a small amount of fiat needs to enter the market. Look at this video called "is a $100.000 Bitcoin possible?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2nXgK34HIM

So yeah, with 100K a Bitcoin and 22 BTC you would have more than 2 million dollars, enough to retire in a non expensive place and live off interests. Of course, anyone selling 100% of their Bitcoins for fiat is insane. So when you plan to retire just sell 50% and save the rest.

I doubt you will be able to retire with 2 million dollars in 20 years.  And since you are keeping 50% you are trying to retire off of 1million dollars.  Good luck with that.    I am not saying 100,000 Bitcoin is not possible.  I just don't think we will see it in 20 years.

Ha, i almost waste my time to watch 26minutes video.
Do not think too far for bitcoin. Satoshi Nakamoto surely on developing new way from blockchain technology. (in my opinion)

But hold bitcoin for now is quite good decision, just do not thing too big about it.
Activity: 406
Waw! That is really a smart Idea to retire with 2 or more BTC.

I think I will buy some bitcoin for this plan.

If every user in this form buys 2 or more bitcoin, there is not enough bitcoin out there for us to buy. The price will go through the roof. Hope the price will not crash afterwards. Enjoy the dreams.
Activity: 322
it really depends on how fast and how high the bitcoin will raise in value

or you could try to calculate with how much the bitcoin is worth right now and see how much you need
Activity: 350
I wish I could retire now If I had 100BTC

But that is smart if you buy BTC now and wait for 20 years and get lucky that 1 BTC = 10.000 dollar.

Such a big dream and hope that will happend.
Activity: 462
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
My guess is 5 to 10 bitcoins. It will take a really long time before 1 bitcoin will be worth 1 mil

10 BTC is a really very good value to hold for the future as we believe that the value of bitcoins will reach the moon in coming years and if we talk about next 20 years then its too long to predict for, if we think of the short run like say next 5 to 10 years then I believe that it would definitely gain us profit out of it, So the picture would be very much clear in the next 5 years or so.

Well 10 BTC now costs around ~3800 dollars, if the price becomes x10 then there is a good profit. But i would suggest around 100BTC
Activity: 289
lets say in 20 years a solar storm brake all our systems and we cant produce anymore electricity, then bitcoin is totally worthless i mind, if you wanna be safe about your retirement open a big hole under your house and keep there dollars pounds gold and of course just in case a paper wallet  Grin Grin.

Trusting just on bitcoin to deal with your future its a bad idea.

we can suppose a lot of things but in fact are this suppositions.

Bitcoin price in 20 can be 10000$ per coin but no more
Activity: 336
Waw! That is really a smart Idea to retire with 2 or more BTC.

I think I will buy some bitcoin for this plan.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
If bitcoin is still around in 20 years, I agree that 1-2 BTC will be sufficient for average living expenses for your retirement. However, medical expenses will be expensive and I guess 10-20 BTC should be able to do that.

So you are saying 11-22 BTC we will need?  I highly think that is wrong.  You think the average price of Bitcoin in 20 years will be 227,000 dollars per coin?  ha.

ha nice guess if this may be but in that case one would be nice
two if need in some worst case
Activity: 406
I doubt you will be able to retire with 2 million dollars in 20 years.  And since you are keeping 50% you are trying to retire off of 1million dollars.  Good luck with that.    I am not saying 100,000 Bitcoin is not possible.  I just don't think we will see it in 20 years.

If bitcoin is still there in 20 years, it will be very big. It could be the first or second largest reserve currency. So $100k per bitcoin is possible.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Perfectly possible, only a small amount of fiat needs to enter the market. Look at this video called "is a $100.000 Bitcoin possible?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2nXgK34HIM

So yeah, with 100K a Bitcoin and 22 BTC you would have more than 2 million dollars, enough to retire in a non expensive place and live off interests. Of course, anyone selling 100% of their Bitcoins for fiat is insane. So when you plan to retire just sell 50% and save the rest.

Jump to: