Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 117. (Read 320337 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

I get the feeling things might keep changing in the world.  Im not sure people will be able to sit around and offer nothing when they can offer something.  Elites are in for a wake up call.  Im not saying people are all going to be worked to death far from it, just be more equal.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Yust buy 2 BTC a year and if you are lucky that BTC increase in 20 years.

Than you have a awesome retirement.

Don't depend your retirement on luck Cheesy I can see it as a gambling. Anyways I don't think 2 btc is enough, you probably need more than that, even in 20 years.. But if you are good in trading, you can use that 2 BTC in trading for the next 20 years and you can grow that enough for retirement
Activity: 406

Expecting Bitcoins value to rise over the years, buying 2 BTC can become really tough at some point. So I think someone should set himself a target of how much bitcoins he wants to own one day(make a specific date). And therefore make a plan how much to buy a year depending from actual market price.

It is relatively easy to buy 2 bitcoin in certain period. But will only work in the next few years. When Bitcoin gets used more widely, its price will rise. It is difficult to buy two coin.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

i would prefer a much more aggressive strategy, like buying 1 per month, buy the maximum you can afford to buy with your wage

and i would sell below 200 if this will be the vaue when the halving kick in
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

why only 2 buy 10 and wait for 2 period of halving couple of year and you will see profit you can just hit and run
price goes up and down all the time
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

Expecting Bitcoins value to rise over the years, buying 2 BTC can become really tough at some point. So I think someone should set himself a target of how much bitcoins he wants to own one day(make a specific date). And therefore make a plan how much to buy a year depending from actual market price.
Activity: 294
lets hope that bitcoin price will more than $1000 on future,and you just need 50 bitcoins  Grin
Activity: 71
Merit: 10

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I think definitely more than 150 BTC if you want to have a comfortable retirement. If you want a basic one, at least 100+.

Yes. It's also depends on the person if how many bitcoins do they need to have a comfortable life.
If they want a good life for the rest of their life then they need to have a lot of bitcoins during their retirement.
legendary
I could trade 1 bitcoin and i could have +100 in 10 years

true btc might forth plenty and might worth just 1$ (this will not happen off course)
also you can predict price in 20 years think that more will be who holds the most of it
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1362
I believe it changes all about your hometown. If you need like $1m you may need around 10-20 bitcoins I believe.
Also think about your consuming. For example I am really protective over money so I spend really less than average person. You may try to be like that.
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
I could trade 1 bitcoin and i could have +100 in 10 years
STT
legendary
Activity: 4060
Merit: 1448
1kBTC right now is worth more than 300k$
For many people is more than their lifetime savings. Do you think they trust bitcoin enough to put all their savings in it ?
I wouldn't.

Its in the question, the definition of retirement savings would be you are putting most of your capital into that.   Its not a good idea to own just one thing expecting it to grow but the OP question was this, how much to retire

The falling block reward is something of a time bomb. That means it has to rise in value to sustain large scale, and thus secure, mining or process many more transactions to make up for it. It's either success or death and staying in the few hundred dollar range in the far future equals doom.
I thought I read that it was also about rising transactions per block, this makes sense as often a working capitalist system is efficiency and mass production not large size alone justifying a system
Activity: 361
I think definitely more than 150 BTC if you want to have a comfortable retirement. If you want a basic one, at least 100+.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht

I think the reasonable price is $100 or $1000
Not 100k or 10cent

The falling block reward is something of a time bomb. That means it has to rise in value to sustain large scale, and thus secure, mining or process many more transactions to make up for it. It's either success or death and staying in the few hundred dollar range in the far future equals doom.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068
we cannot tell how much will BTC will be in 20 years
it may be 10$ and also may be 100K$

that is something that we can only expect but if we think in this range it would be good 10-25 have in reserve

Not 100k or 10cent

I myself trust in future bitcoin is something important at the world

If bitcoin is still at 1k or less in 20 years it means it will have been failing and about to die, simple fact here.

Bitcoin can't continue living unless it kick off another service from the global economy, and to do that it need to reach 5k and then 70k within 50 years or so, for the market cap into the trillions it will need to over take the every day services we use online.
copper member
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
Post your ann & bounty just contact me

that is something that we can only expect but if we think in this range it would be good 10-25 have in reserve

Not 100k or 10cent

I myself trust in future bitcoin is something important at the world
legendary

Activity: 364
I prefer retire in 5 years, how many BTC i need?

it always depend on how much you need to retire, if 1M than 100 btc at 10k, if more than you need to wait more

1k btc would do it better in most case, but only a few can have that amount now
For many people is more than their lifetime savings. Do you think they trust bitcoin enough to put all their savings in it ?
I wouldn't.

Yes, but you are forgetting that majority of the people that have 1K+ of bitcoins haven't bought them at these prices. They have bought them when Bitcoin price was very low. Maybe $10 a coin or even lower.

But you have to agree that these people have deserved this money. You needed to have balls to invest $10K into Bitcoin when its price was $10 let's say.
i agree,investing with bitcoin in the early days was just as hard as investing today. no one knows if the price is going to skyrocket, and if people do take the risk they must really believe in bitcoin.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
I prefer retire in 5 years, how many BTC i need?

it always depend on how much you need to retire, if 1M than 100 btc at 10k, if more than you need to wait more

1k btc would do it better in most case, but only a few can have that amount now
I wouldn't.

Yes, but you are forgetting that majority of the people that have 1K+ of bitcoins haven't bought them at these prices. They have bought them when Bitcoin price was very low. Maybe $10 a coin or even lower.

But you have to agree that these people have deserved this money. You needed to have balls to invest $10K into Bitcoin when its price was $10 let's say.
Jump to: