Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 135. (Read 320337 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
The amount of bitcoins you need to retire in 20 years is exactly the amount of money/fiat you need to retire in xyz years. There is no definite amount since there are no definite life choices, scenarios or situations you have described. Assuming you are as human as I am, no amount of money is ever enough and everybody wants a fucking decent lifestyle once they are old and not so bold. I'd say go for as much as you can afford to lose. NO EXPECTATIONS = HIGH REWARDS always.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
You don't need to rely merely on bitcoins.  You can always invest on as much bitcoins as you want to ,depending on your idea of comfortable lifestyle.1 bitcoin to 1000, it all depends on your idea of luxury.
Activity: 406
Hoping to have about 10 BTC a year from now. Best case scenario is that those 10 BTC will help me to seriously cut down on work hours in 10-15 years time.

It will happen.
Activity: 199
Hoping to have about 10 BTC a year from now. Best case scenario is that those 10 BTC will help me to seriously cut down on work hours in 10-15 years time.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
I seriously believe that Bitcoin could be the greatest transfer of wealth in human history. my guess ... at least 21

A sort of meritocracy you mean?

Where the wealth is distributed back to talented and innovative entepreneurs, from conman thief counterfeiter banksters?

Yep it looks promising Smiley
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
I seriously believe that Bitcoin could be the greatest transfer of wealth in human history. my guess ... at least 21
I hope this happens in 17 years. Life goal = retire at 50.

It would close to impossible not to sell when getting into big $$. Could you hold out until $1m per btc?

I think this will be the big problem with the most users here.

When the price will go like "only" to 5.000 dollar, than i can bet that 90% will sell all the bitcoins they have
and the new people who will go into bitcoin will buy it.

Yes but its funny because the government pensions will be gone by then. The banks in europe already start looting private pensions, and then public pensions too.

So what other form of pension can you have if not Bitcoin. Also check bitnation, they got pension plans too, all decentralized Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

It would close to impossible not to sell when getting into big $$. Could you hold out until $1m per btc?

I think this will be the big problem with the most users here.

When the price will go like "only" to 5.000 dollar, than i can bet that 90% will sell all the bitcoins they have
and the new people who will go into bitcoin will buy it.

Retire at 50? Heck i want to retire at 30, and i`m close to that, so i hope i can get rich somehow in the next few years.

Besides i think investing in bitcoin now, can do it then Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
I have always had the number 210 in mind but it might be a little to much then again i was thinking of a possible scenario where 210 btc would be 210 million usd, 1 btc 1 million usd for a good retirement plan in 20 years.

then it is better to aim at a more reasonable number like 21? which sounds even more akin to the 21M cap, and it is much more feaseble for many here

also with 1M per bitcoin it would still be a hell of an amount
Activity: 154
To be safe, get two Bitcoins.

Yes I think two bitcoins is just enough for the future. Just invest as much you can afford to lose . Maybe 2 or 3 percent of your finance may give you exactly the kind of comfortable living you want.  bitcoin will definitely not disappoint you in the future.
Activity: 434
Loose lips sink sigs!
Sounds like you need retirement savings advice, this article may help you: http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/01/retirement/retirement-boomers-millennials/index.html?iid=SF_LN

Having enough saved for retirement isn't about choosing a random number of one investment and hoping "it goes to the moon." You need to have diversification and a lot of base currency.

Here's some math (sorry in Dollars), you'll need $219,000 to eat - JUST EAT - in retirement, assuming $5 per meal, three meals a day, for two people for 20 years.

$5 x 3 x 365 x 20 x 2 = $219,000.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I have always had the number 210 in mind but it might be a little to much then again i was thinking of a possible scenario where 210 btc would be 210 million usd, 1 btc 1 million usd for a good retirement plan in 20 years.

210 is a very sexy amount indeed. I would love to own that many but it's too much of a stretch and a risk for me. It sounds like you have an extravagant retirement in the pipeline.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Activity: 336
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

Well, it depends on lots of things. Firstly , buy as much as you think you can afford to lose. Plus , if you want to 'live comfortably' , and use bitcoins for your retirement fund,   the more you buy the better. But don't risk all your money on it. By the time  you will retire, bitcoin's price might increase to a staggering amount hopefully . So I think 2-4 might be enough. So do it as soon as possible!
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
100 Bitcoins ,I seriously believe that Bitcoin could be the greatest transfer of wealth in human history. Although my friends and family still think I'm crazy

10% of that amount of coins might be more than enough in 20 years if things work out as we all hope. 10 BTC and you can have a quiete comfortable future life. So cross your fingers and hodl hard!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
100 Bitcoins ,I seriously believe that Bitcoin could be the greatest transfer of wealth in human history. Although my friends and family still think I'm crazy

If you have 100 bitcoins and trying to believe Greenstox word I guess it is more than enough 100 bitcoins with $1m per bitcoin. You can live happily in the next couple of years. Goodluck and keep your bitcoin in a safest place  Grin

no doubt with this kind of growth, i expect 1m$ / bitcoin very soon Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003
My personal plans are to buy 5 btc in this month, investment idea of a retirement plan which I would require after the next 30/40 years, probably end up as something really big or just nothing.

On the down low, I will mine maybe.

if its main purpose is to protect and move money around, the value of that will never change.

and it wont drop, because its constantly being used.

Not just, bitcoin is not just a store of value like gold. Its also a currency that represents an economy, and bitcoin economy is growing, thus the value of coin is also growing.

Back to OP question, no doubt with this kind of growth, i expect 1m$ / bitcoin very soon Smiley
Jump to: