Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 136. (Read 320337 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
i was thinking if we all keep for twenty years 20 btc would be fine, if we consider i will be at least 3 halving.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
Keep digging for as many bitcoins as you can. however, if you're able to manage 1-3 bitcoins at the moment, that's more than enough. their value will be around 0.5-2.5 millions in the next 20 years and you'll have quite a life after that. though i'll suggest you to keep studying the market etc. once you have the coins and look for even better opportunities. All the best. If everything works as i speculate you'll be able to buy a yatch too!

How can you so sure about your prediction? I guess there are many prediction outhere that didnt point out that much in around 20 years. This is all just speculation you will need to earn as much as you can now so later in 20 years later you will have enough money for you and for your next generation. If you just aim 1-3 bitcoin, this is just an absurd thinking
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
Keep digging for as many bitcoins as you can. however, if you're able to manage 1-3 bitcoins at the moment, that's more than enough. their value will be around 0.5-2.5 millions in the next 20 years and you'll have quite a life after that. though i'll suggest you to keep studying the market etc. once you have the coins and look for even better opportunities. All the best. If everything works as i speculate you'll be able to buy a yatch too!
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
i think 1-2 bitcoins are sufficient to live a decent (well better than that lol) life ahead. their worth should be around 1-1.5m in 20 years. that's good enough isnt it?

too much dreaming here, guy please wake up and back to reality, see the market chart after 6 years bitcoin is still under 300, how the hell we can even think of 1M per coin, with current situation

i know that random big bubble can come at any time, but this is far too exaggerated, you will probably need 2140 for that to happen

a realistic scenario is 10k per coin in a reasonable time frame, like 4-5 years, so you need 100 coin at least for 1M, we should suffice for your retirement..
Activity: 574
Merit: 296
Bitcoin isn't a bubble. It's the pin!
This is an interesting question. Using Bitcoin as a retirement fund would be interesting. However, that will only be a good idea and it will only work if Bitcoin appreciates in value. Unfortunately, it is not a guarantee that Bitcoin will go up in the future and no one knows if it will.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Hi
i think 1-2 bitcoins are sufficient to live a decent (well better than that lol) life ahead. their worth should be around 1-1.5m in 20 years. that's good enough isnt it?
Activity: 322
5 btc is probably a good amount for you. Maybe in 20 years a bitcoin can cost 10 k who knows. Hold your bitcoins if you're not investing. They can buy a yacht.  Wink

A $50,000 retirement fund? Maybe if you live on a park bench that might keep you fed for a few years. I think I'd be looking for more.
He wanted to buy a yacht with that 50k 2035 money LOL.

The number of people on this forum who don't have a clue... If I had 1BTC for each of them I'd have enough bitcoins to retire now Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
5 btc is probably a good amount for you. Maybe in 20 years a bitcoin can cost 10 k who knows. Hold your bitcoins if you're not investing. They can buy a yacht.  Wink

A $50,000 retirement fund? Maybe if you live on a park bench that might keep you fed for a few years. I think I'd be looking for more.
Activity: 697
Merit: 503
5 btc is probably a good amount for you. Maybe in 20 years a bitcoin can cost 10 k who knows. Hold your bitcoins if you're not investing. They can buy a yacht.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
well we cant really know how long bitcoin will reach ,if it acts like the gold it will explode on those timeline but lets be real 600 dollars in 5 years sounds pretty easy to achieve but it can take a bit more time to reach we are at 250 dollars and isnt soo bad at all

Dude if you are aiming for a price of 600 dollars per BTC in the next 5 years you are being depressingly inoptimistic. Don't confuse being realistic with having low expectations. In 5 years I would be pretty sure that we should be on a solid 4 figure floor.

Interesting,

I think that BTC could  be on 10K aproximately on next 5 years.........
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
well we cant really know how long bitcoin will reach ,if it acts like the gold it will explode on those timeline but lets be real 600 dollars in 5 years sounds pretty easy to achieve but it can take a bit more time to reach we are at 250 dollars and isnt soo bad at all

Dude if you are aiming for a price of 600 dollars per BTC in the next 5 years you are being depressingly inoptimistic. Don't confuse being realistic with having low expectations. In 5 years I would be pretty sure that we should be on a solid 4 figure floor.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Activity: 714
Asking how many bitcoins you need to retire in 2 years is similar to asking how much dollars/cash you need to retire... The more, the merrier!
As long as you don't want to be a really rich millionaire who has way too much money but hate having too much money or spending it, I think you shouldn't buy more than 1 bitcoin. But if your plans after retirement involve a luxurious life and a bad ass lifestyle, I say go for 10 btc  Wink Wink
Activity: 197
I have bought 10 bitcoins few days ago and I am planning not to touch it for 10 years. If I lose...so be it. If I win, I will win probably big
i doubt bitcoin will fly soo high as well if it backs to 1000 dollars mark im sure it would be a great ammount already,but i believe it can crooss it ,but will take a bit time soo 1 btc wont be enought for sure go for 500btc
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
you need only 1BTC if you trust with bitcoin Smiley
If you not trust you need 1000BTC

I trust Bitcoin In future will be use all of international company, but im not know about value of bitcoin

I hope bitcoin will be change $

1 mean that you're waiting for 1 satoshi to be worth 1 cent of 1 dollars, too optimistic, i don't believe bitcoin will keep growing indefinitely, it can stop at some point at a good value like for example 10k each

so it is betetr to accumulate some now, when they are still cheap than crying later, because you missed the train

i understand that many do not want to buy directly, but want to acquire it without shell out a penny, but i don't know if you can accumulate enough coins if you convert only your time in bitcoin...
Activity: 196
My personal plans are to buy 5 btc in this month, investment idea of a retirement plan which I would require after the next 30/40 years, probably end up as something really big or just nothing.

On the down low, I will mine maybe.

if its main purpose is to protect and move money around, the value of that will never change.

and it wont drop, because its constantly being used.

Its main purpose is to stop decentralization, have less risk of economical collapse.. It can drop if people abandon bitcoin currency, every currency can drop. Bitcoin has freedom in payment, It has total control and security. Those are its main purpose. All the information regarding transactions is transparent Smiley The fees is very low when you compare it with banks and it is also better trading for merchants. The only reason why bitcoin isn't popular is that not a lot of people understand bitcoin or are aware, bitcoin is a little risky because t is still developing and its new. That's all
Activity: 149
In God Im Trust
you need only 1BTC if you trust with bitcoin Smiley
If you not trust you need 1000BTC

I trust Bitcoin In future will be use all of international company, but im not know about value of bitcoin

I hope bitcoin will be change $
well bitcoin is the new way to pay and avoid fees soo i doubt it will die too many interest on it and will keep raising and growing slowly
Activity: 434
My personal plans are to buy 5 btc in this month, investment idea of a retirement plan which I would require after the next 30/40 years, probably end up as something really big or just nothing.

On the down low, I will mine maybe.

if its main purpose is to protect and move money around, the value of that will never change.

and it wont drop, because its constantly being used.
Jump to: