Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 140. (Read 320337 times)

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
well topic is about retire not where to invest bitcoin.... anyway the only bad thing is no one can preditc bitcoin worth on the next 20 years.... but i believe it will go high ,for sure above 400 dollars

400 dollars within two decades? Steady on, dude.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
well topic is about retire not where to invest bitcoin.... anyway the only bad thing is no one can preditc bitcoin worth on the next 20 years.... but i believe it will go high ,for sure above 400 dollars
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
If it is retirement money we are talking about, I would not invest too much in bticoins. May be 1% to 3% of your wealth. Doesn't seem that save at the moment.

You can always buy 3-4% and then invest in something on the layer of bitcoin.

Like BTCJam, they add 10-20% yearly returns on your bitcoin budget, seems like a nice investment.

Even if bitcoin's price declines 2-3% the ROI will overcome that.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
You could retire on two btc if you were a goldfish!
 Grin

Although you are a goldfish, with only two bitcoin in your entire life? Is that gonna be ok? I dont think so

perhaps cuz we will have 3 halving and every time price goes up we can assume that price will be around 5-6K in that time before halving

3 halving time doesnt make price hit until 5k-6k. Highest peak on bitcoin is only $1,200 and that is on 2010. What are you based on that bitcoin price will hit to 5k-6k?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther
Well the answer is depend on how much bitcoin worth on next 20 years. It's full of speculation for how much we want to.
Let's say for now, ( 1 btc = $ 247--preev) I want to hold about BTC 5000. I want to use is as my investation for my future such as buying land, house, and car

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
For retire 100 bitcoin is enough, but more coins is better Grin
Hold 1/3 for cryptocurrency investment, use the rest for living.

good example of how should keep for 20 years. invest some and rest keep for nice living considering that in 20 years price will be over 1k at least in that case that is really good and no need to worry about anything

How can you be so sure that in the next 20 years bitcoin price will rise until $1000? It will still have a chance to drop below from what you bought before

perhaps cuz we will have 3 halving and every time price goes up we can assume that price will be around 5-6K in that time before halving
Activity: 532

good example of how should keep for 20 years. invest some and rest keep for nice living considering that in 20 years price will be over 1k at least in that case that is really good and no need to worry about anything

How can you be so sure that in the next 20 years bitcoin price will rise until $1000? It will still have a chance to drop below from what you bought before

But 2 bitcoins or maybe more, and get that yacht man. Yachts are classy, yachts are fun. Imagine sailing the world, fishing and smoking a cigar standing on your yacht like a boss. Popoye 101, let's go.

2 bitcoin? Are you out of your mind? How could that 2 bitcoin is enough to retire? May be you are really rich out there but for retirement 2 bitcoin is too low

You could retire on two btc if you were a goldfish!
 Grin
legendary

But 2 bitcoins or maybe more, and get that yacht man. Yachts are classy, yachts are fun. Imagine sailing the world, fishing and smoking a cigar standing on your yacht like a boss. Popoye 101, let's go.

2 bitcoin? Are you out of your mind? How could that 2 bitcoin is enough to retire? May be you are really rich out there but for retirement 2 bitcoin is too low
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

Some 50 BTC should be more than enough, depending how long will the retirement be Smiley Really, a lot of things can be invented in the next years. I hope that medicine and technology will make us a nice surprise during our lifetime.

But don't keep all the eggs in one basket.  You should diversify: pick 3-5 more cryptos which have a good chance to survive (and grow) until your retirement.
And invest in other things too - you should also add some lower risk investments to your portfolio. If tech will advance enough, cryptos may become obsolete / outdated.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
All of them.. No seriously maybe like a few hundred and you can retire on a yacht somewhere in 20 years.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

Activity: 742
its depend on you how much money you could losing it if you can losing your 100 bitcoin it doesnt matter if you can just lose your 1 bitcoin yup cmon buy it,decision in your hand but 20 years so long just dont forget about your investment maybe in 10 years bitcoin up to $10k who knows?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
It's hilarious that people still think you would just need one or two bitcoin to get rich soon lol.

Might not be much right now, will eventually be well enough later. its not about how much bitcoin is at the moment, it will be a shit lot more in the future. The key is to invest little, not too much in btc if you are considering it as a retirement plan. However, it should be an alternate retirement plan, not something you should rely on.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Buying 1 coin for cold storage is the biggest no brainer I can think of.  If in 20 years btc is $50,000 each how stupid are you gonna feel knowing you could of bought just 1 coin for $450 today.  If it goes to 0 woopdido your out a few hundred bucks.  I don't care what the price is doing this year.  As stated I'm looking down the road.  And bitcoin is the future.
i usually am not the one to go with flow but i must say seeing as everyone is talking about bitcoin i must say there must be some credibility to it plus i agree seeing as the profit yield is more and the risk is low with only few hundred dollars lost if it failed bitcoin looks good
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
since im pretty sure it will go up on the next years coming Grin

Again someone having a baseless prediction that the price going to rise by next year. Whats your reasoning for this? Halving? It wont make the price increase to be honest

Whilst i agree that 1000btc is enough to retire on but in 20 years?

In 20 years , BTC will either become worthless or it could be atleast double of the current price. Nothing sure about the future as no one knows it. Having 1000 BTC for your retirement in 20 years would be pretty insane while you could cash them out and put it into another type of asset for your retirement i.e gold
Gold is much more stable than BTC, even if gold were to lose value by the 20 years timeframe. I doubt that it will be more than half of the current value so thats probably around $150,000 by then which is quite large sum for retirement (depending on how you are going to retire)

Incase you didnt notice, this is about retirement. Short words, it is about having fun and wasting money for the rest of your life which means that most people will choose to spend rather than put it into another investment
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1016
the thing of facebook make me cry.. facebook is on top currently ,before it we had myspace twiter as other social sites... soo do you really think that facebook will hold forever the kingdom? safe investment?go work ,healty all you need to that lol.about ammount we cant say how much a bitcoin will be worthing on the next 20 years but we will see on the next 5 years how it will goes... how many bitcoins still avaible to be mined as i remember predictions said that about 2050 bitcoin mining should be over soo those time above we will see bitcoin jumping or down....

Twitter before? Twitter is newer than Facebook and as far as I know Twitter is way bigger than Facebook nowadays. No one barely uses Facebook anymore besides login in every once in a while and put some pics, people are more active in Twitter and instagram.
Also comparing Bitcoin with social networks is a fallacious analogy.

well i just said that invest on social networks  in this case facebook isnt soo safe as looks like people changes their mind ..... search for new things....

well back to main topic i guess 1000 btc will be enought since im pretty sure it will go up on the next years coming Grin

Whilst i agree that 1000btc is enough to retire on but in 20 years? That's around $250,000 in today's money. If someone can happily invest that right now then they aren't doing too bad in life at this moment in time surely!

Activity: 560
the thing of facebook make me cry.. facebook is on top currently ,before it we had myspace twiter as other social sites... soo do you really think that facebook will hold forever the kingdom? safe investment?go work ,healty all you need to that lol.about ammount we cant say how much a bitcoin will be worthing on the next 20 years but we will see on the next 5 years how it will goes... how many bitcoins still avaible to be mined as i remember predictions said that about 2050 bitcoin mining should be over soo those time above we will see bitcoin jumping or down....

Twitter before? Twitter is newer than Facebook and as far as I know Twitter is way bigger than Facebook nowadays. No one barely uses Facebook anymore besides login in every once in a while and put some pics, people are more active in Twitter and instagram.
Also comparing Bitcoin with social networks is a fallacious analogy.

well i just said that invest on social networks  in this case facebook isnt soo safe as looks like people changes their mind ..... search for new things....

well back to main topic i guess 1000 btc will be enought since im pretty sure it will go up on the next years coming Grin
legendary

3 bitcoins is a good deal. Have 1 for emergencies, 1 for luxuries and 1 for financial security.

Are you for real? You need to aim more at least 10 or 20 bitcoin before your retired. Live is hard and you need a lot to convert in fiat too

It will be great if the price of 1 btc is 10000 USD, and I don't know when it will be happened. Or do you plan to retire at 2200?  Grin  I think we can't predict how many bitcoins for retire, it depends the price whether it go up or down. We must make sure the bitcoin price be stable, then you know how much do you need.

Are you sure that its price will hit $10,000? It is really hard to hit on $2,000 and for one thing if later bitcoin will be stable so do your profit too, you wont get much from it too because the more volatile its price the more profit we will get it

Depends on how much money you need to have saved to live off of for the rest of your life.
If you want to live in some poor third world country you would need considerably less then if you wanted to retire in London.

If you are talking about money here. People are never satisfied what they have. They will earn it with no limit so of course you will need much more money to live in this world
Jump to: