Author

Topic: How many bitcoins do I need to retire in 20 years? - page 153. (Read 320337 times)

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
10,000 bitcoins. Not because bitcoins aren't valuable, but because you want to retire as a USD billionaire (in the present value of USD) Smiley
You dont need to be a billonaire to retire, therefore anything from 10 to 20 will be enough to make a couple millions in a decade or two.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
10,000 bitcoins. Not because bitcoins aren't valuable, but because you want to retire as a USD billionaire (in the present value of USD) Smiley

Exactly! Aim high and shoot for the stars. Fuck the moon, we'll be at mars in twenty years! That's why I'm hodling all my coins. Cashing out is saying you don't believe in bitcoin. You'll have to pry my triple-encrypted-USB stick from my cold, dead hands.

It is better to use some of your coins so that BTC is adopted well.
Activity: 252

Exactly! Aim high and shoot for the stars. Fuck the moon, we'll be at mars in twenty years! That's why I'm hodling all my coins. Cashing out is saying you don't believe in bitcoin. You'll have to pry my triple-encrypted-USB stick from my cold, dead hands.
Activity: 433
BTG CEO
buy bitcoins as much as you can .. no one knows if bitcoin will still be used in the future or it will be a thousand or million of dollars worth..

Yeah, you can Provided that you know what you are doing. Taking a loan to buy bitcoin may not be the right approach unless you are willing to take the risk. Nobody can correctly predict the direction of the market, so you might actually ended up putting yourself in a difficult situation. Always buy with the money you can afford to lose

I remember in late 2013 quite a few people talking about taking out loans to buy it. A classic sign of things about to go tits up. One guy was going to borrow a million from his father. If that did happen, I assume he got his botty spanked.

Everything may be alright in the end, but you'd still be a silly sausage to take the risk.

Thanks for the laugh dude, that son would have had a good spanking talking him into loaning him that amount to add to the pump  Shocked

Terrible luck for the son if he did though would hate to be him lol

To get on subject i would say if you live in a fairly cheap part of the world 100-200 maybe enough for you to retire, where i am i think i will need at least 1000-2000
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
ROAD TO HEAVEN...
Buy as much as you can, invest them when bitcoin goes up, and you'll be fine. I have a feeling because USD is so good right now, that might be a good thing for BTC. So I would consider changing them for USD before it drops. That's just my opinion.
But bit coin  prices are very unstable. You should only invest money that doesn't bother your primary financial
Activity: 252
I love bitcoins.
Buy as much as you can, invest them when bitcoin goes up, and you'll be fine. I have a feeling because USD is so good right now, that might be a good thing for BTC. So I would consider changing them for USD before it drops. That's just my opinion.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
buy bitcoins as much as you can .. no one knows if bitcoin will still be used in the future or it will be a thousand or million of dollars worth..

Yeah, you can Provided that you know what you are doing. Taking a loan to buy bitcoin may not be the right approach unless you are willing to take the risk. Nobody can correctly predict the direction of the market, so you might actually ended up putting yourself in a difficult situation. Always buy with the money you can afford to lose

I remember in late 2013 quite a few people talking about taking out loans to buy it. A classic sign of things about to go tits up. One guy was going to borrow a million from his father. If that did happen, I assume he got his botty spanked.

Everything may be alright in the end, but you'd still be a silly sausage to take the risk.
Activity: 322
Q7
Activity: 448

Activity: 700
Merit: 501
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?
It might be much in 20 years price can't ever jump to more than 10,000$ because you know how fee take in each transaction
thats why no one will send 10 $ and cost him in fees 4 $ . so u can now store 20 bitcoins and you will be very rich in 20 years
Well, back in the day no one expected the price to reach 1k barely 3 years after release. So another bubble can happen, way higher than we can even imagine.
Activity: 256
Lets say I want to buy bitcoins today and store them for 20 years to use a my retirement fund.  Live comfortably, but don't need to buy a yacht or anything.  How many do you think I would need to buy?
It might be much in 20 years price can't ever jump to more than 10,000$ because you know how fee take in each transaction
thats why no one will send 10 $ and cost him in fees 4 $ . so u can now store 20 bitcoins and you will be very rich in 20 years
Activity: 406
3  .. The same as the amount of licks to get to the center of a tootsie roll lollipop.  Just because the Owl said so.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
It seems that if you want to invest in the long term not to bitcoin . Grin
The 20-year long period of time , and may momentarily bitcoin will die .
But if you want to try 3-5btc I feel good  Smiley

Bitcoin is not going to die in 20 years. Stop dreaming about "bitcoin killers". Bitcoin's network is here to stay, look at the facts. So calm down about bitcoin dying or not, bitcoin is THE crypto reserve.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
Idk about that crapcoin called Bitcoin, but you need a million DigiBytes.

What exactly is a Digibyte? Care to explain it to me?

An altcoin.

http://www.digibyte.co/

Has decent features. I mined a decent amount back in the day and still holding them.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%

What exactly is a Digibyte? Care to explain it to me?
legendary
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
Such a difficult question because we do not even now it will be here in 20 years however much i would like it to be  Undecided (it will be here)  Grin

Exactly. I always think it's pointless speculating on this sort of stuff as nobody can predict the price of bitcoin or give you anywhere close to an accurate number because it is all biased based on personal opinion. My advice to people would be if you believe in the potential of bitcoin don't focus on a certain number to try guarantee riches but focus on trying to obtain as many coins as you can. Buy a little and try earn a little and hold them for the future and hope for the best as there is no magic number or at least not one people can tell you about.
Activity: 462
you don't need too much, may be 10BTC is enough for your retire life after 20 years.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
Hopefully your whole retirement fund isn't just bitcoins
I'd say about 5% of your worth in btc

My target is even lower at 1%.
My risk appetite is very low.
D4C
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Hopefully your whole retirement fund isn't just bitcoins
I'd say about 5% of your worth in btc