Pages:
Author

Topic: How many people are using Bitcoin debit card? - page 10. (Read 10611 times)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100
Never really thought of using a card, I have seem a few floating around, BIT-X have one as mentioned, there are costs to using these cards and also restrictions so I would prefer to just not use them although I do understand that it can be useful for everyday purchases.

What kind of restrictions? Would you mind share a few examples?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
I receive my salaries in fiat and I have more fiat saving than bitcoin. I don't think anyone need a bitcoin debit card. It is more of a trendy thing than a must have. When people buy things with a card and they have a choice between a fiat credit card and a bitcoin debit card, they will choose to use a card that will be cheaper for them - credit card because of lower fees.

I think bitcoin debt card will be a hit when bitcoin price rose to another ATH. That is when their bitcoin is worth a lot more than they bought them for. Users do not care much about the fees any longer, and they want faster bitcoin to fiat conversion. Buy things with bitcoin directly rather than going through the exchange and wire to bank accounts.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
There's nothing worse than the feeling of being in debt. I never used regular fiat debit cards and i will not be using BTC debit cards if they become available in the future. I still dont get how it will be done exactly tho. Just like there is a lot of scams with people not paying back loans, there will be lots of scams with people not paying their debt back.. how will they avoid this?

None of them are credit cards or have accounts linked to them with overdrafts. You spend what's in there. Once it's gone, it's gone. They run along the same lines as pre paid cards. You load them up and spend what's on there.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
There's nothing worse than the feeling of being in debt. I never used regular fiat debit cards and i will not be using BTC debit cards if they become available in the future. I still dont get how it will be done exactly tho. Just like there is a lot of scams with people not paying back loans, there will be lots of scams with people not paying their debt back.. how will they avoid this?
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
I got one, but have not used. The fee is not worth it at the current point in time. We need better solution
Fees is one of the problem behind idea of bitcoin debit cards. People seem to ignore fact, that we really DON'T need bitcoin debit cards.
We should be aiming for direct bitcoin p2p payment, not creating another processor service to rob us from our money while in reality we can use bitcoin on its own.

We DO need bitcoin debit cards, bot as a permanent solution ofcourse, but we still need to use them in this transitional period where there are still not enough
retailers and merchants that accept straight bitcoin payments. Trust me, i would absolutely love it if i could send from my own mobile wallet and pay for my groceries, but for now, debit card will have to do.

cheers
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
I got one, but have not used. The fee is not worth it at the current point in time. We need better solution
Fees is one of the problem behind idea of bitcoin debit cards. People seem to ignore fact, that we really DON'T need bitcoin debit cards.
We should be aiming for direct bitcoin p2p payment, not creating another processor service to rob us from our money while in reality we can use bitcoin on its own.
Activity: 62
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1722
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
I'm using Bit-x debit card. And was suffered from high fee.  Shocked I think, I'll migrate from Bit-x ASAP.
~Rude Boy

Bitx has insane fee if you ask me, i mean charging fee even when youre not using the card is insane.
Monthly fee (no activity*)   0.05 BTC

When fees get more in range of normal debit card, then i'll use it, until then i have my skrill cards and im happy with it.
I exchange whatever USD amount i need and just spend it with that card. About 2% they are charging fee, and yearly 10 EUR.

Currently i'm thinking about xapo, but i noticed many people have problems with verification, so i'm still waiting ti see how it plays out.

cheers
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
The fees are often vast and their continuing existence is pretty tenuous. It wouldn't take much for them to be shut down. If I really needed to spend I'd just sell normally if I can't spend them directly.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Unless bitcoins are widely accepted by lot of merchants, the popularity of these cards will remain less for now. Its a good concept , but only after adoption it will become popular.

yes, the concept needs more adoption for widespread use. There are a lot of companies out there offering the same service and if they stick around, they'd share a wild monopoly in the business.
Activity: 369
Merit: 250
Using these cards completely defeats the purpose of Bitcoin. In my mind anyway. Everyone want's to make BTC something people use to buy groceries and pay rent. WHY? Maybe I have been here too long but I still value my anonymity.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Unless bitcoins are widely accepted by lot of merchants, the popularity of these cards will remain less for now. Its a good concept , but only after adoption it will become popular.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
http://cointelegraph.com/news/114639/approved-bitcoin-debit-cards-hot-up-as-market-matures

Anyone has used BTC debit card?
Mind share your feelings about it?

Right now there are high fees for use that cards. Maybe in the future a massive spread will make this new way of payment more convenient. For now BTC debit card is usable only for big payments. In this area BTC is still far from Fiat values.
Activity: 644
i had xapo debit card but cancelled because of fees.. in the future when fees decreases use will become widespread
legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure
i will never use it, if im going to use BTC in a near future like the current fiat money be 100% sure that i will avoid to use those things, privacy is needed for me.

they are all too expensive for my taste, and they go a bit aginst the philosophy of bitcoin imho, i don't plan to ever using one to be honest, but maybe if i can find one card that offer a truly anonimity for value above 500 usd, and it has a very low cost i might try it one day

exactly, i will only going to use it if i can find one card that offer trully anonimity, you got the point man Wink
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
I personally just ordered couple of them (Bit-x since I can get it free because I'am on the signature compaign) and also Advcash which seems like the best of the best , I've never seen a card with such low fees and when I say low I mean low. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/advcash-a-new-anonymous-bitcoin-debit-card-eur-usd-1011381 you can order it for 5$ (Plastic card physical shipped to your home) or 0.99$ (Virtual only) . I hope I will get them soon Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
they are all too expensive for my taste, and they go a bit aginst the philosophy of bitcoin imho, i don't plan to ever using one to be honest, but maybe if i can find one card that offer a truly anonimity for value above 500 usd, and it has a very low cost i might try it one day
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
Coinjar has also released a bitcoin debit card, although i belive its only availble for Australian customers.
I've had mine for a few months now and it comes in handy.
It does have a $2 AUD fee when used at any ATM which is a bit anoying but i guess you pay for the convenience.
Activity: 770
I'm using Bit-x debit card. And was suffered from high fee.  Shocked I think, I'll migrate from Bit-x ASAP.

~Rude Boy
legendary
Activity: 1848
Never really thought of using a card, I have seem a few floating around, BIT-X have one as mentioned, there are costs to using these cards and also restrictions so I would prefer to just not use them although I do understand that it can be useful for everyday purchases.
Pages:
Jump to: